PDA

View Full Version : Houses near Disneyland?

yasudab
06-03-2004, 07:58 PM
I was in the parking lot and looking out on the houses on the hills overlooking disneyland. Who here has a view of disneyland from the own home? It must be cool to just be able to have the option of going to the park. I am sure housing must be expensive.

DigitalLizard
06-04-2004, 09:30 AM
I was in the parking lot and looking out on the houses on the hills overlooking disneyland. Who here has a view of disneyland from the own home? It must be cool to just be able to have the option of going to the park. I am sure housing must be expensive.

actually, I would think it would be rather cheap... kinda like houses
at the end of a runway near the airbase or airport... I wouldn't mind
the ability to walk to DLR myself, however, some people DO complain
about it... mostly the traffic and noise from the fireworks...
personally, I'd love to have fireworks in my backyard everynight!
that would be awesome! But I hate people who move there and then
complain... I mean, hello? You are the moron who moved there! DL
has been there alot longer than the majority of those homes!

remember tho, you cannot really see into DL from the outside (except from
the TALL DCA rides or the top of the hotel maybe) so no one could
possibly have a view of much more than the parking lot or DCA/hotels
from their back porch!

dude
06-04-2004, 09:35 AM
My parents used to live right down the street from the PP hotel, many years ago. They weren't bothered by the fireworks, and they liked living near Disneyland. The thing my mother hated the most were "the moron tourists". Personally, I wouldn't mind living there.

Tinker Bell
06-04-2004, 10:07 AM
One of those house will be going up for sale by the end of the year.I have a family member over there ready to move out of CA.

spectromen
06-04-2004, 11:45 AM
actually, I would think it would be rather cheap... kinda like houses

Relatively cheap for Orange County, but still over $400K, trust me.
I used to live on Ball about 4 miles west of the park and could see the fireworks standing on my roof. That was pretty cool.

DCACM
06-04-2004, 03:02 PM

I live a couple blocks from the park (57 & Ball). A modest 3 bedroom 60's tract home...owner has it on the market for $689K. Way too much if you ask me, you'd agree if you saw the condition of the place (I'm not sure if that's the going rate, or if the owner is insane).

Can see both the DL and Anaheim Stadium fireworks from our front yard!

SpacedOutCM
06-04-2004, 03:45 PM
I live close enough that I can see the fireworks from my house. I love it too, especially during the Holiday Believe with the fireworks exploding to the tune of the Nutcracker.

I am not one of those neighbors who complains about the noise and/or fallout. The fallout usually goes the opposite direction :)

Not only do I like watching/hearing the fireworks from my place, but I also love hearing the Mark Twain whistle blowing as it travels the river.