PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary dinner ideas?

rakkwhite
06-03-2004, 03:17 PM
My husband and I are going to be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary this Sunday (June 6th). We've decided to go to the Disneyland Resort area. We've been to the Blue Bayou and Yamabuki and want to try something else.

I would appreciate some romantic dining ideas from everyone.

Thank you!

Dlandmom
06-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Although I've never been, I've heard many glowing reviews about Napa Rose at the Grand Californian Hotel.

Edited to add: I'm hoping to go there for my own anniversary later this year.

Photographer
06-03-2004, 04:24 PM
Hook's Pointe at the Disneyland Hotel has great food but it is pricey. I think my salmon was about $28. It's worth asking around to see what other people think.

Other people, what do you think of Hook's Pointe? :D

stan4d_steph
06-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Hook's Pointe was good, but for an anniversary I would definitely go to Napa Rose at GCH. I've eaten in the lounge there (appetizers and drinks) but the restaurant is very nice and has a nice atmosphere for an "upscale dining" feel. I would recommend calling ahead for reservations, wherever you decide to eat. :)

David R
06-03-2004, 06:19 PM
I gotta say that I was at the Napa Rose last Friday night and the service was so rude that we do not plan on going back.

I strongly recommend the Vineyard Room at DCA. 3 or 4 course meal. Fabulous food. Outstanding service.

Alex S.
06-03-2004, 06:27 PM
There's always the "slice and a Coke" thing in Downtown Disney. Or cheese fries at ESPN Zone.

None of the Disneyland restaurants necessarily scream "romantic dinner" to me. But while I think the menu has declined significantly over the last few years, I do like Hook's Pointe. The crowd isn't too bad, the food isn't bad, just not as good. And if it's something you enjoy, there is a wine bar downstairs where you can relax and enjoy each other's company for a while.

I've not eaten at Napa Rose, but that's mostly because I haven't much interest in their menu. Though I've heard the occasional bad word about service, I have also heard some amazing service stories.

cstephens
06-03-2004, 06:41 PM
My husband and I are going to be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary this Sunday (June 6th). We've decided to go to the Disneyland Resort area. We've been to the Blue Bayou and Yamabuki and want to try something else.

I would appreciate some romantic dining ideas from everyone.

Thank you!

Definitely, hands down, Napa Rose.

If you want something a little less expensive, I'd recommend Catal.

I like Hook's Pointe ok, but I think their menu is fairly limited.

If you like steak, I've heard Granville's is quite good, though I've not been there.

rakkwhite
06-04-2004, 08:10 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions! I was leaning toward Napa Rose because my brother-in-law and his wife had a great experience. However, I think we're going to have a change of plans because my husband broke his tooth and won't be able to enjoy a juicy steak. He's going to the dentist today for a "temporary" solution, but I'm sure he won't be up for a 4 course meal. We'll probably wind up soaking in the atmosphere somewhere in the Disney resort area and pick up a quick slurpee or something.

Does anyone have any quick meal ideas for a sore mouth anywhere at the resort (DTD, DL, or DCA)?

adriennek
06-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Bummer! I saw the thread title and was coming to give my enthusiastic endorsement for Napa Rose, before I even read the other posts :(

No soft food ideas, sorry.

Adrienne

Opus1guy
06-04-2004, 11:12 AM
I love Napa Rose, but it is very noisy being a new-age open show-kitchen California grill type set-up. Great food, but not a very romantic setting, IMHO.

Vineyard Room at CA can be very good too, and is a bit quieter, but generally still to noisy.

For the quietest and probably most romantic spot with still excellent food...I'd recommend Granville's at the Disneyland Hotel.

Is off property but still in the Anaheim/Fullerton area an option for you? Or did you want to stay on property?

yobbie
06-04-2004, 02:41 PM
I'd think that one of the pasta, polenta or even salmon dishes at The Vineyard Room or Napa Rose would be soft enough for a sore mouth and still allow you to have a romantic meal.

Lani
06-04-2004, 03:26 PM
I gotta say that I was at the Napa Rose last Friday night and the service was so rude that we do not plan on going back.Wow, really? I've yet to eat there and was looking forward to the time I do. Hmmmm.... :(

KarenW2
06-04-2004, 10:48 PM
I would like to add my vote for Granville's for a nice, quiet, romantic anniversary dinner!! Our 25th was last Wednesday, so we went there Tuesday night and had a wonderful dinner!! Wednesday night, we had dinner at our all-time favorite restaurant, The Hobbit, in Orange!

I would bet that if you called Granville's, explained your situation and asked to speak to Chef Jason or the manager, they could come up with something edible for you!!

You can read about our anniversary dinner in the 25th anniversary thread that I'll "bump" up for you. I don't know how to do the link thing, sorry.

I much prefer a quiet setting for dinner and Napa Rose is definitely too noisy for me!

leota's necklace
06-05-2004, 06:28 PM
Now I'm wondering if I ate in the same Napa Rose some of y'all did. :)

The meals I've eaten there were spectacular, quiet, and romantic. The food was divine and the service was attentive and knowledgeable. Keep in mind the meals took place during a later hour in the off season -- but our server was kind enough to advise us on wine choices and checked in on us frequently, without making us feel like we were being stalked. I'd eat there again in a heartbeat.