PDA

View Full Version : Park Vue Inn -Park view???

Lynnepitt
06-03-2004, 12:53 PM
We're thinking of staying in one of the Disneyland hotels for a night, and then stay in one of the nearby hotels for a night. We had booked the Anaheim Plaza but several reviews say its not the place to take young kids. Discovered the ParkVue Inn which seems to be ideal - close by entrance, and plenty of facilities - just one problem - can't find any reviews on it!
Has anyone stayed here? If so, would you recommend it? Does it have as it suggests - a park view???

Thanks in advance for any replies :p

Sheila
06-03-2004, 01:09 PM
We're thinking of staying in one of the Disneyland hotels for a night, and then stay in one of the nearby hotels for a night. We had booked the Anaheim Plaza but several reviews say its not the place to take young kids. Discovered the ParkVue Inn which seems to be ideal - close by entrance, and plenty of facilities - just one problem - can't find any reviews on it!
Has anyone stayed here? If so, would you recommend it? Does it have as it suggests - a park view???

Hi Lynne,

We do indeed have recent reviews for this hotel. Here's the link: Park Vue Inn (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrparkvueinn).

Hopefully, this will give you more information about the hotel, plus I know people here always some good tips on which walking distance hotel to stay at. :) Additionally, the Review System is set up so that hotels and restaurants with the highest ratings are first in the list, then the rest follow in descending order of ratings.

For anyone else who would like to browse the Review System and don't know how to access it, we have a link at the top left of every web page underneath the MousePlanet logo. Just click on the Reviews link there, and you'll be able to read recent reviews on just about any hotel or restaurant in or near all of the Disney theme parks.

HTH,
Sheila

Lani
06-03-2004, 02:05 PM
HTH,
Sheila
HTH = Hollywood Tower Hotel?!?

Lynnepitt -- I've never stayed at the Park Vue, but it is indeed VERY VERY close to the pedestrian entrance to the park! If you are looking for convenience, it's definitely there.

We've often stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn, which is just one or two motels away from the Park Vue Inn, and also very close to the entrance.

Lynnepitt
06-03-2004, 02:30 PM
What did you think to the Best Western? Would you recommend it?

Lani
06-03-2004, 02:58 PM
What did you think to the Best Western? Would you recommend it?
Hey Lynnepitt -- we TOTALLY dig that Best Western. It's quiet, clean, and sooooo close to the parks! But keep in mind I have their loyalty card so I'm also trying to go for points, too.

Oh, and one word of caution: There are something like five or six Best Westerns all encircling the resort. If you want the one nearest the park, it's the Best Western Park Place Inn you want. :)

Sheila
06-03-2004, 03:04 PM
HTH = Hollywood Tower Hotel?!?Don't be silly. It stands for Highway to Heaven. Yeah, that's the ticket.... ;) :D

Hope that helps,
Sheila

Lynnepitt
06-03-2004, 03:19 PM
Hey Lynnepitt -- we TOTALLY dig that Best Western. It's quiet, clean, and sooooo close to the parks! But keep in mind I have their loyalty card so I'm also trying to go for points, too.

Oh, and one word of caution: There are something like five or six Best Westerns all encircling the resort. If you want the one nearest the park, it's the Best Western Park Place Inn you want. :)
Thanks for your advice. We're going to book if for the two nights. Originally where going to stay in a DLR hotel for a night as well, but to be honest, for the extra money we'll be saving it'll pay for a few more souvenirs to bring home with us. I read the reviews on this hotel on the website and everyone seems to agree with you. I can't get over how informative and enjoyable this website is - it certainly wets the appitite for Disneyland itself!
Better go now as its bedtime here in Ireland!
Ta-ta for now, and thanks again. :)

Pat-n-Eil
06-03-2004, 05:29 PM

Thanks in advance for any replies :p

I can't comment on the Park Vue Inn but the Best Western Park Place Inn is nice, but not necessarily a view of the park from your room.

We stayed at the Park Inn International - Anaheim which is a couple of doors down from the Park Place Inn.. a very easy walk to the park and it, indeed has a park view. We saw the Matterhorn and a good view of the fireworks show from there. We had a room on the 5th floor. We recommend it - and with a discount I received it was only about $60/night.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
06-03-2004, 05:39 PM
tod and I have been staying at the Best Western Park Place since before there were Little tod's, we've always liked it and it's proximity to DL. Although over Memorial Day week-end we tried the Desert Palms, nice place but being able to walk across Harbor and into the plaza has definate advantages.

-TLMt

Alex S.
06-03-2004, 05:47 PM
For the most part Harbor hotels only have "park views" in the sense that you can see where the park is. I suppose Tower of Terror is readily visible now and the top of the Matterhorn.

But there really isn't much view of the park, just the walls surrounding it.