PDA

View Full Version : SSL is officially gone, Signs removed

Darkbeer
06-02-2004, 08:24 PM
MouseInfo.com is reporting that Disney started to remove the Signage at SSL today......

Enjoy Yesterland.......:fez:

Disneyfreak
06-02-2004, 08:26 PM
LOL!!!!!!
Maybe they are finally deciding to put in a new attraction.

Darkbeer
06-02-2004, 08:30 PM
^ Maybe they are tired of folks asking when it would reopen.....:p

disNeytEen
06-02-2004, 08:32 PM
or maybe they relized that they forgot to take the signs down when the ride closed :fez:

CM:"Hey i thought SSL was closed"
CM2:"Are you saying its open"
CM3:"Oh crap the signs are still up!" Yoink
CM:"Oh know its better, hey aren't we supposed to be running Star Tours right know!"
:fez:

or plan 2 the wind knocked them over

Niwel
06-02-2004, 08:41 PM
A moment of silence ....
That'll do it

Wonder if they'll auction off the cool outside of the building? I know I'm in the minority but I actually enjoyed this attraction (whenever I went there was never a line).
You know, if they knock down that, Millionaire and the diner and build a building next to Hyperion -- they could make a Great Movie Ride :) (dreaming, I know).

Disneyfreak
06-02-2004, 08:52 PM
They could just gut each of those buildings and use what they have and connect each of the buildings to make one huge one or they could go underground.

disNeytEen
06-02-2004, 09:03 PM
or it will rot like the lagoon :(

zapppop
06-02-2004, 09:05 PM
Actually, the webmaster of that site is aware that a new attraction of some kind is going in the space. He said there will be construction walls around the building soon. Guess it's really gone now.

YAY!

disNeytEen
06-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Actually, the webmaster of that site is aware that a new attraction of some kind is going in the space. He said there will be construction walls around the building soon. Guess it's really gone now.

YAY!

Have TDA been paying a visit to MousePad!

Disneyfreak
06-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Have TDA been paying a visit to MousePad!

I hope so. Hopefully they will take my comment about the tehitian terrace seriously. :)

CaliforniaCrazy
06-03-2004, 12:44 AM
Goodbye, Limo.... I hardly knew ya!

Oh well, maybe now my die-cast Limo, coffee mug and pins will be worth something.... ;)

DCAWhites
06-03-2004, 08:03 AM
If this is true, I'm just glad to see that they're finally doing something with that area! Its so depressing to see the 2 buildings sitting there collecting dust. Hopefully they'll start construction soon on something new. BTW there is so much room with those two buildings combined (along with possibly millionare). Just super star limo and hollywood and dine alone is enough space to build something along the lines of rockin' roller coaster (this is presuming they close the whole timon parking area and expand behind ssl about 100 feet to occupy what is now the timon tram loading area...it can be done eventually).

spectromen
06-03-2004, 08:07 AM
Dang! I never photographed the exterior for posterity and now the sign's gone! I knew I should've brought my camera last weekend!
I'd rather H&D reopen as-is than be gutted. Of course, if there was a very good dark ride put in SSL's place, it might be enough of a draw to get people to linger there long enough to seek something to eat...

Opus1guy
06-03-2004, 01:03 PM
License Revoked!

AVP
06-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Dang! I never photographed the exterior for posterity and now the sign's gone!The sign was there as of about two hours ago....

AVP

Darkbeer
06-03-2004, 03:54 PM
AVP beat me to it, photos coming up shortly...

Sorry for the Mis-Information...

(It did look like the Wait Time sign was removed, but that was due to the fact that the Entrance is now the smoking area...)