PDA

View Full Version : Tortilla Jo's review

aztectodd
06-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Not sure If this will get moved or not, but thought it deserved a post.

On memorial day my girlfriend and I visited the parks and decided to take a lunch break. We wound up eating at Tortilla Jo's and I for one was pleasantly surprised with the quality, price, and service we recieved. We sat in the restaraunt and I had the #6 combo and she had the nacho appetizer. Wow, her appetizer could have fed both of us, and thats that I can eat with the best of them. For $8, we got a plate STACKED with chicken nachos with everything on them and enchilada sauce. My meal was big too, with two chicken tacos and a beef tamale. Total with tip came out to $29. Very good meal, good price, and good atmosphere. Two thumbs up from me.

CarlieB
06-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the review. I'm looking forward to trying this place:)

Andrew
06-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Yes, thanks. I hope to try TJ's this July.

cstephens
06-02-2004, 06:29 PM
We wandered by TJs on Monday [Hey, look, umbrellas!] , and I noticed that the menu has changed some since opening, with a few new items that I really want to try. We haven't had a chance to go back since the restaurant first opened, so I'm really trying to find some time to go.

Shanynrose
06-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Actually, we've eaten OUTSIDE at Tortilla Jo's a few times, because my daughter didn't see anything to her liking on the inside menu. And maybe because I'm just a teensy bit cheap, tee hee.

One VERY important consideration for us - my daughter (11) can't eat wheat. Don't know yet if she needs to go totally gluten-free (waiting on tests,) but wheat is definitely out. At Tortilla Jo's she can get soft tacos with corn tortillas. Otherwise she usually sticks with salads, fruit, and sweets in the parks :rolleyes: . She could probably have nachos inside but she doesn't like the cheese sauce.

The "taco stand" part of Tortilla Jo's is the least expensive place I've found to have lunch in either park or DTD. So far daughter has just had the bean and cheese tacos - 2/$2.75. I've tried the chicken ones, 2/$3. Next time daughter says she's going to try the Mexi-Cone, which is a corn tortilla fried into a cone shape and filled with beans, rice, cheese, onions, etc. for $3.50. I saw one of those and they're plenty big.

Sodas are $2 outside.

Last time we split the tacos with the agreement that I'd let her have a Dole Whip later ;)

It's not exactly authentic taco stand food - I LOVE the good old 24h taco stands! but it's filling and very inexpensive if you order outside.

Darkbeer
06-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Hey, TJ's bar has the cheapest beer at the resort, $4 (plus tax) for a pint of Dos Equis Amber or Tecate on tap....... But it also has some of the most expensive shots of Tequila.... (can you say $100)....

Momtowolf
06-03-2004, 06:03 AM
Is TJ's at DCA? Cause I thougt that DL didn't sell beer....

stan4d_steph
06-03-2004, 06:08 AM
Is TJ's at DCA? Cause I thougt that DL didn't sell beer.... TJ's is actually in Downtown Disney. It's in the space where Y Arriba Y Arriba used to be.

DonDuck
06-03-2004, 07:02 PM
I'm definitely eager to try it out this fall. I still miss Arriba, though. I know, call me crazy, but I really like Cuban and I never pass up fried plantains.

BJW
06-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Does anyone know if things have improved since everyone had all the complaints when they first opened? I was at the resort a couple weeks ago and avoided the restaurant after reading the last Mousepad post. If its better now I think I might try it.

Darkbeer
06-03-2004, 08:55 PM
^ Well, it is a new place, and is going thru growing pains... If you like Mexican... try it, and let us know what you think.......