PDA

View Full Version : New ride idea for DCA - warning no such thing...

MNhockeyman
06-02-2004, 09:45 AM
I have a great idea for a new ride at DCA. It will fit in perfect for the park and be totally new and unique! I call it SHIPWRECK! It will start out as you que up on the docks of SF bay. You are about to go fishing in the early morning for your catch. The boats would be sort of like the Indy cars but in water (and look like boats of course not jeeps). You leave the bay on a sunny day with no clouds and see AA figures of different sea wildlife (birds, seals, whales, etc) and then as soon as you reach your spot for the day you are spotted by black market smugglers from asia. They chase your boat since you have seen them and in the course of the chase you run into a storm. The water gets really rough and waves start crashing you. I don't see this as a wet ride or a really wild ride just a really neatly themed ride with cool effects. The storm throws your boat into the coast and you are stuck along the cliffs of Norhtern Cal. after the storm dies down the coast guard saves you and tows your boat safe to SF bay, along the way back you see the coast guard has captured the smugglers. I think it would have the ability to have awesome effects never seen before on any ride. Like I said it would fit perfect into the theme of DCA along the SF dock area.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-02-2004, 12:42 PM
That would be perfect!

sediment
06-02-2004, 12:55 PM
Sounds great! First, we'll tear down half of Anaheim...

Lani
06-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Wow, Miami Vice meets Gilligan's Island! And just think -- if it's a three-hour tour, we may be able to turn DCA into a full-day park!!! :D

MNhockeyman
06-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Sounds great! First, we'll tear down half of Anaheim...
I realize I am a dork with no life! Thanks for making me feel even better about that one! (Okay if you can't tell I am being very sarcastic).

I just thought this would be interesting to see what others thought about this idea that I have had for a while now. This is why I don't talk much :crying: :D

DefyingGravity
06-02-2004, 01:58 PM
I think this is a great idea. It would add originality to DCA, which is something that is lacking in the park. Good idea!

stan4d_steph
06-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Cool concept. There would probably be some issue with the black marketeers not being any particular ethnic group (got to consider that in our PC times). And everyone loves boat rides. They need one of those over at DCA!

HoRiZoNs
06-02-2004, 02:14 PM
There would probably be some issue with the black marketeers not being any particular ethnic group (got to consider that in our PC times).

I was about to point that out. Not very Disney like. ;)

sediment
06-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Actually, tearing down half of Anaheim is the best part of your idea!
Thinking this would work better at WDW, maybe in the swampier regions.
Or Tokyo Disney Seas.

disNeytEen
06-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Cool concept. There would probably be some issue with the black marketeers not being any particular ethnic group

To solve that each ethnic group would be represented by a person in the black market group! But the coast guard saving the day...hehe im not going there :fez: :D

Disneyfreak
06-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Eisner would look at that concept right away and say too expensive... :mad:

disNeytEen
06-02-2004, 08:46 PM
we'll just tell eisner that if he accepts he can be the hero! And get his own day :fez:

Opus1guy
06-02-2004, 10:59 PM
I was about to point that out. Not very Disney like.

Sadly...that would make it fit right in with the overall California Adventure experience.

MNhockeyman
06-03-2004, 06:44 AM
Origionally I thought this could work as a ride in WDW in Liberty Square sort of a migration to America theme but that is far worse for PC I mean start out in an undisclosed Country ride accross the atlantic and end up on ellis island with the statue of liberty and fireworks and all that...