PDA

View Full Version : new destinations in Star Tours

cstephens
12-22-2019, 09:44 AM
Got a chance to ride Star Tours yesterday, and all of it is themed to events and people from The Rise of Skywalker, so spoilers galore for those who haven't seen the movie yet. I enjoyed it very much, but it was a bit more bumpy than previous destinations, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to ride it.

olegc
12-23-2019, 09:11 AM
Got a chance to ride Star Tours yesterday, and all of it is themed to events and people from The Rise of Skywalker, so spoilers galore for those who haven't seen the movie yet. I enjoyed it very much, but it was a bit more bumpy than previous destinations, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to ride it.

thanks for the headup. This is what I expected based on the descriptions Ive read. I guess no ride for me... only video viewing.

cstephens
12-24-2019, 10:12 AM
thanks for the headup. This is what I expected based on the descriptions Ive read. I guess no ride for me... only video viewing.

For anyone who doesn't know what the new elements are, the part that bothered me the most was the first destination, because it ends up simulating a boat ride on water for a bit and then even "surfing" a large wave. Motion sickness and nausea does not go well with water boat rides.

Berry Princess
12-27-2019, 01:15 PM
For anyone who doesn't know what the new elements are, the part that bothered me the most was the first destination, because it ends up simulating a boat ride on water for a bit and then even "surfing" a large wave. Motion sickness and nausea does not go well with water boat rides.

Oh yikes! The last time couple of times we rode Star Tours we were saying it was way bumpier than normal and it was not good for my husband. So I will warn him of this. We didn't go on it when we were there Monday and that is probably a good thing.