PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Resistance

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

indiejones33
12-17-2019, 06:11 PM
So I’m a Disneyland AP and I just got back home from WDW. I was able to ride ROTR twice while there. While I won’t spoil anything here, I will say that you guys are going to be blown away with it!

What I wanted to say is that I really hope that they use the boarding system at DL because it is working flawlessly out there. When the ride is down, anyone with a boarding group during that time is able to come back at any point in the day when it’s up and running. I even asked new WDW president Josh D’Amaro at the Riviera’s grand opening yesterday if he knew whether DL would be using the same system and all he would say is “we are monitoring things closely.” He is such a nice guy btw!

Also, on Sunday when I rode it, I was at the park at 5:15am to line up. Posted opening time for DHS was 7am and they actually opened the gates at 6:20. I landed in boarding group 26 and was called at 8:10am to ride it. They give you a two hour time limit to come back and ride the attraction. Of course when I went to get on the ride at 9am it was down, this giving me an anytime boarding pass for the day!

So that’s all I’ll say. I just wanted to give any fellow DL peeps a heads up on how things are playing out back east if you intend to ride it when it opens here. Good luck to you all and may the force be with you!

JeffG
12-19-2019, 08:23 PM
Don't know how they will run the queue system here at DLR, but it's worth noting that they changed the process at WDW this week so that bookings for the virtual queue open up at the posted park opening time. Previously, they were available as soon as the gate opened. They also added a secondary backup virtual queue that doesn't guarantee access to the ride, but serves as a stand-by in case extra capacity is available late in the day.

lilcis
01-03-2020, 12:11 PM
My husband's birthday Jan 17th so we've been planning a Disney day for a while - before we knew the opening date of Rise of the Resistance. I'm actually a little bummed that the ride is opening then because it could mess with our plans and make the park more crowded. We aren't passholders so we will be paying full price. Current debates are whether to get a park hopper in case we need to escape to DCA, and how early should we arrive.

Typically we'd aim for getting to the parking garage an hour before opening, but given that WDW let people into the park before scheduled opening the first few weeks should we try for even earlier? How early does the parking garage open anyway? My husband is a huge Star Wars fan so of course he's hoping to get on the new ride that day. But he's also a huge Disney fan so if it doesn't happen we'll still have fun.

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts!

Berry Princess
01-04-2020, 04:57 PM
WDW is different than Disneyland so I don't think we can compare it to much in this area. As well as when it opened in WDW this was during the holiday time offerings as well. We have not heard word yet on how they are doing things here with the ride in the way. I wouldn't be surprised if the boarding groups is used but the question will be if its for the land or the ride like it is used in WDW. I don't see them opening the parks earlier then they say though.

BTW, it can be a busy weekend as it is during that time because its also when NAMM is at the convention center there and its a 3 day weekend. Oh and the start of the Lunar New Year in DCA starts that day as well. So if you are going to go plan on it being packed with the combo of everything going on. Its probably not a bad idea to get a park hopper if you can spring for it. I'd suggest taking advantage of MaxPass as well and add it to each ticket. Get there before park opens and start until closing if you can. Keep an eye on the Disney Blog and Mouseplanet to see what might pop up for info on if Disney is going to let people park earlier or line up earlier. I do hope you are able to have fun no matter what and enjoy the park(s). Here is to hoping he can get on the ride for his birthday.

indiejones33
01-05-2020, 09:25 AM
The parking garage opens an hour and a half before park opening.

Also, it has been announced that Disneyland will implement the boarding pass system by some online sources.

olegc
01-06-2020, 08:34 AM
its interesting that the boarding group option for when the ride is down is to come back anytime later that day when it is up and running. This was a major issue with RSR and Guardians when they first opened because folks would "save" their boarding for later in the day. It made the standby queue an unbearable wait - and you see the lines now for scanning are so long. I know that with boarding groups I guess there is no standby line to be worried about so that mitigates the issue.

I'll be going opening day but only to be there for the excitement (and maybe a button if they hand anything out). I will ride sometime later. I dont have the stamina anymore to wait overnight. I think I used all mine up for the 50th and a couple of the 24 hour parties.

olegc
01-06-2020, 08:36 AM
oh yeah- and I understand that media previews are Thursday this week. (1/9)

lilcis
01-06-2020, 03:55 PM
Thanks to everyone who responded! We are definitely springing for the Max Pass, and now I'm also considering talking my husband into renewing our passports entirely. I will report back on my experience. :)

candles71
01-07-2020, 12:43 PM
Thanks to everyone who responded! We are definitely springing for the Max Pass, and now I'm also considering talking my husband into renewing our passports entirely. I will report back on my experience. :)
Unless they do something different I don't think Maxpass will help you with Rise of the Resistance. They are not using fast passes for Smuggler's Run at all. And if they use the boarding groups like they are in Florida that is separate from the fast pass system. It's a different area on the App to book the boarding groups they had been using when the land opened.

Berry Princess
01-07-2020, 01:54 PM
Unless they do something different I don't think Maxpass will help you with Rise of the Resistance. They are not using fast passes for Smuggler's Run at all. And if they use the boarding groups like they are in Florida that is separate from the fast pass system. It's a different area on the App to book the boarding groups they had been using when the land opened.

Agree but using Maxpass during what will end up being a probably an overly busy day will come in handy for the rest of the day for anyone for sure with other rides.

BTW, it is looking like it could be rainy during that weekend. So good idea for those planning to go to keep an eye on that so one can be ready for a possible wet day in the parks.

Berry Princess
01-10-2020, 10:26 AM
Disney posted on the blog about the opening. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/01/get-resistance-ready-for-star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance-launching-jan-17-at-disneyland-park/

I know there was a question at the bottom of comments and I have not seen anything from Disney on allowing early line ups or let in early at this point but the person mentions 4am and asking about the virtual queue for when they are moved to the park at 7am. Which obviously we know boarding groups wouldn't start up until park opening. FP aren't even kicked in until park opening so why would it be any different here?

olegc
01-10-2020, 10:48 AM
Disney posted on the blog about the opening. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/01/get-resistance-ready-for-star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance-launching-jan-17-at-disneyland-park/

I know there was a question at the bottom of comments and I have not seen anything from Disney on allowing early line ups or let in early at this point but the person mentions 4am and asking about the virtual queue for when they are moved to the park at 7am. Which obviously we know boarding groups wouldn't start up until park opening. FP aren't even kicked in until park opening so why would it be any different here?

I dont think disney would comment about allowing or not allowing lineups. they will happen regardless. If they do that would be a surprise. It looks like they replied to that poster and confirmed that virtual queue wont open until 8am.

I plan on being at the park in the AM but not riding. Just to see the opening day spectacle (and maybe get some LNY food). Maybe a button if they are handing it out. I'll wait a couple of weeks to ride.

Berry Princess
01-10-2020, 11:23 AM
I dont think disney would comment about allowing or not allowing lineups. they will happen regardless. If they do that would be a surprise. It looks like they replied to that poster and confirmed that virtual queue wont open until 8am.

I plan on being at the park in the AM but not riding. Just to see the opening day spectacle (and maybe get some LNY food). Maybe a button if they are handing it out. I'll wait a couple of weeks to ride.

4am doesn't line up with parking structure being open so not sure how that would workout for those needing it but whatever. I rather be sleeping myself. We can wait as well to ride it though. With how crazy it could get with parking, crowds and traffic in the area from so much going on we will stay away from that mess. I am waiting for the LNY menu to come up though. So will have to head down for that at least the weekend after maybe if things work out. Have fun though while there during it all.

olegc
01-10-2020, 11:27 AM
4am doesn't line up with parking structure being open so not sure how that would workout for those needing it but whatever. I rather be sleeping myself. We can wait as well to ride it though. With how crazy it could get with parking, crowds and traffic in the area from so much going on we will stay away from that mess. I am waiting for the LNY menu to come up though. So will have to head down for that at least the weekend after maybe if things work out. Have fun though while there during it all.The LNY menu is up. Go to disneyland.com then choose things to do, then choose events and yours, and scroll down to Lunar New Year. Menus for all four booths are there. The menu for Paradise Garden Grill is listed on the Disneyland App already.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Berry Princess
01-10-2020, 11:38 AM
The LNY menu is up. Go to disneyland.com then choose things to do, then choose events and yours, and scroll down to Lunar New Year. Menus for all four booths are there. The menu for Paradise Garden Grill is listed on the Disneyland App already.

Thanks. Didn't check there yet. Will go have a peek now.

Shortpix77
01-10-2020, 02:50 PM
I'm planning to go for RotR on 1/24. Give it a week to see how things shake out and then give it a go (super early in the morning, haha). I'll plan to be at the gate before opening and hopefully hit that virtual queue button right at park opening. Will adjust the plan if needed depending on how crazy things are the first week :-)

olegc
01-10-2020, 04:20 PM
I'm planning to go for RotR on 1/24. Give it a week to see how things shake out and then give it a go (super early in the morning, haha). I'll plan to be at the gate before opening and hopefully hit that virtual queue button right at park opening. Will adjust the plan if needed depending on how crazy things are the first week :-)That was going to be my weekend as well but I think I may have to move it out to 31st or even 2/7.

tea4two
01-10-2020, 07:00 PM
I'm planning to go for RotR on 1/24. Give it a week to see how things shake out and then give it a go (super early in the morning, haha). I'll plan to be at the gate before opening and hopefully hit that virtual queue button right at park opening. Will adjust the plan if needed depending on how crazy things are the first week :-)
Good luck! Looking forward to your report!

Nikara
01-12-2020, 08:43 PM
My family is trying for opening day. Our current plan is to be parked by 6am (Toy Story lot is supposed to open very early), so we can definitely be scanned and in the park by "rope drop" at 8am, and request our passes on the app. It's a pretty nerve- wracking process, but we are all pass-holders, so we'll just hope we get to ride, and make it an early day if that doesn't work out.

Monstro
01-13-2020, 01:20 PM
Did this ride in WDW twice the past two weeks. It's my new favorite Disney attraction between Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and WDW! I loved it! If you enjoy Star Wars even mildly it's a must do!

Showing up stinking early is not necessary. You do need to be through security and scanned into the park before they open the boarding groups which in WDW was 7:00am. At 6:58 everyone in the parks waiting for rope drops starts trying to get to the boarding group page with no success and at 7:00 people start cheering as some get in while other toggle back and forth trying to gain access. By 7:01 the groups being given out were already in the 90s which is about 5:00ish. By 7:05 I'm guessing those folks are out of luck. So you really want to be on the ball at 7:00am sharp ready to go. showing up at 4:00am gains you no real advantage.

Berry Princess
01-13-2020, 01:46 PM
Agree with Monstro. Disney has already stated you can NOT claim anything until park opens. Which is how it is with FP so no surprise that this is the same with boarding groups. If one shows up to early they won't find an open parking structure so then what? Mouseplanet has a good write up on it all today. What has gone on in WDW is not going to be how it is here at Disneyland. So one just would need to be there when park opens and already scanned into the park to try their luck at getting a board group number. As well as hope there is no glitches or overload on the app.

Shortpix77
01-13-2020, 02:50 PM
I guess then it's just a matter of deciding how early you need to be there to ensure that you're through the gates before park opening, which will be dependent on how many other people are there trying to do the exact same thing. Hmmmm. Will keep an eye on things this coming week...

Does anyone know what happens if you and someone else in your party are put in different boarding groups? That's my other worry. I'm planning to go with one or two friends, and each of us has an AP tied to our own app/Disney account. Even if we're pushing the button at the same time, chances are we'll be put into different groups. So should we be linking to one person's app instead? Or can passes link to multiple accounts (e.g., I add friend's AP to my account and he adds my AP to his account and then we both try for boarding groups?)?

Berry Princess
01-13-2020, 03:00 PM
I guess then it's just a matter of deciding how early you need to be there to ensure that you're through the gates before park opening, which will be dependent on how many other people are there trying to do the exact same thing. Hmmmm. Will keep an eye on things this coming week...

Does anyone know what happens if you and someone else in your party are put in different boarding groups? That's my other worry. I'm planning to go with one or two friends, and each of us has an AP tied to our own app/Disney account. Even if we're pushing the button at the same time, chances are we'll be put into different groups. So should we be linking to one person's app instead? Or can passes link to multiple accounts (e.g., I add friend's AP to my account and he adds my AP to his account and then we both try for boarding groups?)?

I would think best bet would be under one account to get everyone in the same group or risk not being. And I just found the answer to the question about being linked to more then one account on the app. You can do so but they say make sure your ticket/ap has your name show so its easy to tell who is who. https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/link-tickets-one-persons-app-login-link-familys-tickets-362710/

olegc
01-13-2020, 04:59 PM
I would guess the gates would open at 730am to get on main St. 745 latest. You still have to get there early so u can be through the gates before 8. If u get there at 7 forget it - u won't get through gates fast enough I think. It all depends on how many are in line. If it's the middle of the esplanade that's cutting it close IMO.

cstephens
01-14-2020, 11:20 PM
We had a chance to preview the ride last weekend, and it was terrific. We're planning on going Saturday.