PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Mail Boxes

Big Dog
06-01-2004, 08:55 AM
A while back I heard that the mail boxes on Main Street worked like real mail boxes only they put a special stamp on it saying it was mailed from disneyland. Does anyone know if they still do that or have they stopped for security reasons?

tod
06-01-2004, 09:02 AM
Disneyland doesn't have its own post office, so it doesn't have its own postmark. (The USPS will have the occasional special cancellation event at Disneyland: They did at one of the Snow White releases, for exam,ple.) Disneyland mailboxes are emptied by Disneyland personnel and taken to the Post Office for mailing.

--t

Rae
06-01-2004, 01:25 PM
So if I can post my postcards at DL but can I buy stamps anywhere in DL

JeffG
06-01-2004, 01:48 PM
So if I can post my postcards at DL but can I buy stamps anywhere in DL

There is a stamp machine at the exit to the Main Street Opera House (where Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln plays). Suprisingly, the stamps are sold at face value. Disney doesn't add a mark-up to the price.

I'm not completely certain, but I think there is also a stamp machine in the Greetings From California store at DCA.

-Jeff

Rae
06-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Thanks Jeff, my kids have a list of people they want to send cards to and coming from Australia I can't buy my stamps before I get to DL

DCAWhites
06-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Yeah theres a stamp machine on the north end of Greetings from California.

tod
06-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Thanks Jeff, my kids have a list of people they want to send cards to and coming from Australia I can't buy my stamps before I get to DL

Disneyland sells the stamps at face value: Make sure you don't get caught with surcharges. There is also a Post Office on Ball Road, very close to Disneyland, if you have a car and wish to get some interesting stamps. We have lots of them (There's a very nice Henry Mancini 37-center right now, with the Pink Panther on it.)

Postcard to Australia is 70 cents, by the way.

And brush up your U.S. coins: They don't have numbers on them, and, in my favorite piece of deliberate obscurity, the 10-cent piece only says ONE DIME on it. The 25-cent piece at least says QUARTER DOLLAR.

--t

Rae
06-01-2004, 05:59 PM
You seem to be very informed Tod...What is a regular stamp cost in the US???

And you don't happen to know how long it will take to get from the US to AUS via snail mail do you??

Forbin
06-01-2004, 06:14 PM
My understanding was that Disney used to put a ink stamp on your postcards to show it came from DLR. They don't do that anymore?

tod
06-01-2004, 07:31 PM
You seem to be very informed Tod...What is a regular stamp cost in the US???

And you don't happen to know how long it will take to get from the US to AUS via snail mail do you??

Regular first-class inside-the-US postage for a letter is 37 cents. Domestic postcard rate is 23 cents. Stamps go from one cent to several dollars in value. Go to USPS.com and you too can find out all sorts of interesting things about the United States Postal Service. ;)

No clue how long it would take to get a postcard from here to there. PM me your address and we can find out, though. :D

--t

myron61090
06-02-2004, 01:57 AM
how about form us to the philippines?

about how much and how long? hehhee.... thanks.

-a giddy little member

tod
06-02-2004, 10:40 AM
No clue how long it would take to get a postcard from here to there. PM me your address and we can find out, though. :D

The :D may have thrown you off, but that was a serious offer.

--t