PDA

View Full Version : Are vacation packages worth it?

Lynnepitt
06-01-2004, 01:18 AM
Is it worth paying the extra for the Resort Magic Vacation packages as opposed to getting a room in one of the Disney Hotels and tickets seperately? I already have a 3 day hopper ticket, but am arranging my own accommodation. Pretty much decided on a Disney Resort Hotel, but if we book a package with Disney Travel it automatically includes park hopper tickets (have already enquired if I can exchange the tickets I have already and use the price towards a package, but unfornately cannot). Is it worth still getting the package simply for all the perks??

Duane
06-01-2004, 04:42 AM
If you already have park tickets, don't spend the extra money on a package. You can purchase room only reservations or packages from Dreams Unlimited Travel at a major discount. "Dreams Unlimited" is the number one Disney travel agent available online. They have a contract with Disney and purchase all of their vacations directly from the Walt Disney Company. Go to www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com and request a quote. You will be surprised at the amount of money they can save you. The quote is free so you have nothing to lose. I have been using Dreams for the past few years and have always been 100% satisfied. Good luck.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-02-2004, 12:49 PM
I would definetly not pay for parkhoppers you don't need. Even if you pay a bit more, make the hotel reservations seperately.
I have found, even with using Getaway Today on our last trip, calling the hotel directly, not their toll free reservation number, can save a lot more than a package. I don't know if that is true for Disney hotels but it was for our Good Neighbor hotel!

Hakuna Makarla
06-02-2004, 02:57 PM
You can fly just as cheap( buy your own tickets) you can get cheaper motels by booking your self ( I know this now ! ) and you can save big bucks by doing it your self! I do not think I saved anything and in fact my rooms will be more then the average cost ! I do not get the deals on the web, I have pre package price and not happy about it. The cheaper the motel the more it cost me! I could have stayed at a very fancy motel but I wanted to be close, it cost me way more can you believe it to stay at the carousel!
Now I wish I had done my pwn booking, but live and learn. Next year I will be doing my own!