PDA

View Full Version : NEW!!!--Downtown Disney Discounts!

AIRLINE
10-31-2001, 04:17 PM
TodaY, I received in the mail a post card from AMC Theaters, with a return address as Downtown Disney alerting me that as a Movie Watchers Club member, I am entitled to receive a number of discounts within Downtown Disney with the purchase of a "Monsters, Inc." movie ticket.

Here are the deals:

1) Free Small Popcorn with any small soft drink purchase when you see Monsters, Inc. Offer expires November 21, 2001.
Note: If you are an AMC Movie Watchers Club member, you already receive a free small popcorn on Wednesdays. Other than the free tortilla at the Mission Foods exhibit within DCA, these are the only two "free" food offeres I am aware of within the resort.

2) 20% Discount on all food and beverages (except alcohol) at ESPN Zone, upon presentation of your Monsters, Inc. ticket stub. The offer is valid Monday through Friday and expires December 15, 2001.

Now's the time to plan those holiday lunches and dinners at ESPN Zone. I haven't seen a discount this large at ESPN Zone. Is business that bad?

3) 10% discount on ALL items purchased in a single purchase when you present your Monsters, Inc. ticket stub at The World of Disney. Discount does not apply to tax. Ticket stub must be surrendered at time of purchase. Not validwith any other offers.
Offer valid November 2, 2001 through November 21, 2001.

I'm surprised at the percentage of discount offered for ESPN Zone.

As for The World of Disney, we're not heavy Disney Store shoppers, therefore have no background if the 10% discount is a big deal or not.

Also, you do NOT have to be enrolled in the AMC Movie Watchers Club. All you need is your Monsters, Inc. ticket stub. Even if you do not wish to watch the movie, buy a twlight matinee ticket for $4.25 (Monday through Thursday) and go eat and/or shop and receive your discount.

If you do this, you'll need to spend at least $42.50 (before tax) at The World of Disney and/or $21.25 at ESPN Zone to get back at least what you paid for the ticket. Of course the breakeven factor will be higher if you purchase a more expensive ticket.

Adults: $8.00
Children: $5.00
Senior: $6.00

Happy Dining and Shopping!

bluepearl
10-31-2001, 06:50 PM
Hi! My friend told me that she received this postcard in the mail a few days ago (we're both AP holders), but I haven't received mine yet.

Do you need the postcard they sent to get any of the discounts? I just wanted to be sure because we're going to be going out this weekend and I won't be getting the postcard until I go see my parents. Just curious!

Nigel2
10-31-2001, 10:19 PM
Hmmm I doubt that it works for the free Monsters tickets from ralphs, but I do have gift certificates to AMC, so actually I would be saving money going there instead of the other AMC at Main Place (We only have regal and Edwards by us).

AIRLINE
11-06-2001, 10:11 PM