PDA

View Full Version : AP Disney Hotel Discount is a JOKE!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-31-2004, 02:42 PM
I just called the AP number on the back of my card to check rates on PP for our upcoming trip this fall, which is once again being moved to the first week in November. What a joke. I thought someone had said they offer rooms to APers for $59 a night, not hardly. I was quoted, and I asked after he quoted me the price if that was the annual passholder discount, a rate of $159 a night! That is even staying the majority of our stay during the week. I was bummed because I had enjoyed reading the reviews of this hotel in the thread I started comparing it to the Howard Johnson's and was excited to be able to stay on property. It isn't that we cannot afford the $159 a night, or even the $259 a night at GCH, it is simply that it is so hard to justify when we had a perfect experience at Howard Johnson's recently and we can get rooms there for $49 a night! I also checked travelocity and was quoted $149 a night for PP. Some AP discount! :mad:

AVP
05-31-2004, 02:45 PM
The $59 / night promotion was for the Paradise Pier Hotel on Sunday nights ONLY, through May.

There are other discounts, but the cheapest will always be the Paradise Pier, and usually weeknights.

This is why we stay off property. :)

AVP

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-31-2004, 03:21 PM
I was really surprised, I didn't even check the other resort hotels, just PP, at the rate, and then to find it on the net cheaper. Oh well. HoJos it is.

azlaura
05-31-2004, 05:26 PM
That is a discount rate, not a passholder night rate. If you wait and try as it gets closer, say Sept., they offer the AP night rates that you have heard about! These usually show up for slower attendance times but not this far in advance. My advice, make a reservation and then try again after summer for the AP rates.
I hope this helps!
Laura

leota's necklace
05-31-2004, 10:06 PM
My advice, make a reservation and then try again after summer for the AP rates.
I hope this helps!
Laura

This is what I do. For my birthday trip last August, I had ressies at both the DLH and the GC, as well as the Coast off-property...then I called back and re-checked rates frequently. I was able to swing $159 at the GC, when regular rates at that time were over three hundred bucks a night.

AP rates are usually offered during the off-season, but aren't announced until the beginning of the month or thereabouts. As long as you're not going around Thanksgiving week you're going in November, yes?), you should be able to swing a bigger discount.

Zigen
06-01-2004, 06:48 AM
When I called the 1st of this year, I was quoted at 199 a night at DLH with the annual pass discount and made the reservations. What I didn’t know was I needed to ask for "AP nights" discount not the regular annual passport discount. My wife called a few weeks before our vacation and was quoted at 109 a night (PP was around 89/night, GC was around 159/night) for the same nights asking for "AP nights". Why they do this, I don’t know..... I guess they try to make an extra buck or 50.

If the quote at PP is way out of your reach, then call maybe 3-4 weeks before you go and see if prices go down. Reservations require a 1 night deposit. Just make your reservations offsite for now so you know you have a room. You can always cancel a few days ahead of time. Just check what the hotels cancellations policy is.

boyumz
06-01-2004, 11:09 AM
I called in April for reservations in June. I asked for AP rates and was quoted $89 per night at PPH, and $129 for DL Hotel. I can't remember what the rates for GCH were. Azlaura is right, they don't release the rates until the time gets closer so your best bet is to reserve a room at HoJo's (or wherever) and then keep calling every week to check the AP rates. One of my favorite features of staying at a Disney property is when you purchase items at the parks you can have them sent back to the hotel instead of carrying them around all day--and night--and that long midnight trek back to the Good Neighbor Hotel. Sometimes that alone can be worth the extra money.

The Mouse Is Back
06-01-2004, 05:23 PM
The last AP promotional rate (as in, the one listed in the newsletter) ends mid-June. During the high season, from mid-June to after Labor Day, even with a discount you'll be paying close to rack rate at all three properties.

As was already suggested, wait until closer to the dates you want. Better yet, wait till you get your next AP newsletter. Or you can go ahead, as someone else mentioned, and make your reservations, and then when the AP rates are available call and ask them to change the reservation to that rate.

-Allegra-

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-02-2004, 12:47 PM
THANKS for the great tips!! Our trip is for November 1-6. I made the reservation at Hojo for $59 a night so we are set for a room. Have to just cancel 48 horus before should we get a good deal at a Disney property. I will check back in Sept or October for AP night rates, should I call earlier? I hope we can get a good deal at a Disney property, my boys would love it, but if not the Hojo was ok.
My husband would hate that package delivery. That is how he keeps me from shopping, by telling me that our locker is full and he won't let me rent another to put my packages in! LOL