PDA

View Full Version : Dole Whip?

Momtowolf
05-31-2004, 12:02 PM
I have never had one of these...can someone please describe it?

Thanks,

Steph

Lani
05-31-2004, 12:32 PM
I have never had one of these...can someone please describe it?Momtowolf -- Dole Whips are yummy! My first introduction to a Dole Whip was back in Hawaii (at the Dole Pineapple Hut in Wahiawa, in the middle of the pineapple fields!).

Dole Whips are basically creamy pineapple sherbet (I think Dole also makes them in orange flavors, but you can only get the pineapple flavor at Disneyland) the consistency of a soft serve. They are served in both cones and cups.

One thing I've noticed -- the Dole Whip in WDW seems to taste a little different from the ones I've had at the Tiki Room in Disneyland. I've been told the recipe is a bit different (the one at WDW is apparently creamier -- as in more cream fat). To me, they both taste mmm mmm good.

hbquikcomjamesl
05-31-2004, 02:16 PM
Don't believe it. A Dole Whip is really something Bob and Elizabeth Dole use when they're in the mood for an exceptionally wild night.

CarlieB
05-31-2004, 02:23 PM
:eek: LOL!

MZCosmo
05-31-2004, 03:42 PM
Ha ha. I like that one.

Dole whips are really good.
I really want one right now.

Damn you! Now I have to go to DL to get one.

See you there! :D

DCAWhites
05-31-2004, 10:42 PM
mmmmm, dole whip floats.... :cool:

stan4d_steph
06-01-2004, 05:40 AM
mmmmm, dole whip floats.... :cool: Those are the best! For those who don't know, this is pineapple juice served in a glass with Dole whip on top, and includes a cherry or two. Great refreshment on a hot day.

Opus1guy
06-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Lani posts:
Momtowolf -- Dole Whips are yummy! My first introduction to a Dole Whip was back in Hawaii (at the Dole Pineapple Hut in Wahiawa, in the middle of the pineapple fields!).

Many, many years ago I was stationed at for a time at nearby Schofield Barracks, and we'd hustle over to Dole on hot days when bars just didn't seem that attractive, and have a Dole Whip or two. Ahhh...refreshing! :)

One thing I've noticed -- the Dole Whip in WDW seems to taste a little different from the ones I've had at the Tiki Room in Disneyland. I've been told the recipe is a bit different (the one at WDW is apparently creamier -- as in more cream fat). To me, they both taste mmm mmm good.

I've noticed that too. But even better is that at WDW you can get Dole Whip "Swirls" mixed with other flavors. I don't recall being able to do this at Disneyland? I like it mixed with Vanilla soft serve for an even creamier taste! :)

Lani
06-01-2004, 10:15 AM
Many, many years ago I was stationed at for a time at nearby Schofield Barracks, and we'd hustle over to Dole on hot days when bars just didn't seem that attractive, and have a Dole Whip or two. Ahhh...refreshing [...] I've noticed that too. But even better is that at WDW you can get Dole Whip "Swirls" mixed with other flavors. I don't recall being able to do this at Disneyland? I like it mixed with Vanilla soft serve for an even creamier taste! :)
Oh, that must be it!!

You know, I really wish they made sugarfree Dole Whips. I would be SO. THERE.

The pineapple spears at the Tiki Room are pretty yummy too, though! :)

[Schofield Barracks -- I remember it used to get really hot out there. Central part of the island. No ocean nearby, and hot, dry summers. So you're a veteran! Thank you for serving the country! :)]

Opus1guy
06-01-2004, 10:39 AM
So you're a veteran! Thank you for serving the country!

Well, before you go pinning any medals on me or anything, I didn't serve my country in quite that way. I was working under contract there. :) Though I was stationed there for many months. Was thrilled to be on "From Here To Eternity" turf.

But you're right about one thing...it sure can get hot there when the tradewinds stop blowing by!

And that red dirt? Man...nothing stains your clothing worse and more permanently that that rich red soil, let me tell you.

EO's Glove
06-01-2004, 11:31 AM
My my, I was stationed at Kunia right next door to Schofield......

Ah the memories....... Dole whip.

Oh, and I loved Hawaii too [grin].

-EOG

UncleGDogWord
06-01-2004, 12:01 PM

Thanks,

Steph

It is like there is a party in my mouth and everyone is invited! :~D

Pat-n-Eil
06-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Don't believe it. A Dole Whip is really something Bob and Elizabeth Dole use when they're in the mood for an exceptionally wild night.

Wasn't he the Majority Whip from 1981 to 1987?
So which came first - the Dole Whip or Dole as the Whip?

Captain Josh
06-01-2004, 02:56 PM

Thanks,

Steph

I don't know if you can remember an old Hanna-Barbera cartoon in which Quick Draw McGraw has to coerce a dog with a dog biscuit, upon which the dog goes into this joyous moaning stupor of happiness ending with the dog leaping into the air, and floating back down with a look of utmost content.

...THAT'S a Dole Whip.

Lani
06-01-2004, 03:13 PM
It is like there is a party in my mouth and everyone is invited! :~D
Hey man, you need to floss first!!! :D

hbquikcomjamesl
06-02-2004, 09:21 PM
I don't know if you can remember an old Hanna-Barbera cartoon in which Quick Draw McGraw has to coerce a dog with a dog biscuit, upon which the dog goes into this joyous moaning stupor of happiness ending with the dog leaping into the air, and floating back down with a look of utmost content.

Actually, I do. I even remember that the dog biscuits were Y-shaped. I didn't remember that it was specifically a Quick Draw McGraw, though, although that certainly makes more sense than, say, Yogi Bear, the Flintstones, or the Jetsons.

I don't think I'd care for a Dole whip any more than I'd care for being flogged with a bull whip. Seems to me it's way too tart for my taste. (I don't drink citrus juices, and the one time I drank Mott's apple juice instead of Tree Top, I think my eyes crossed for a moment.)

stan4d_steph
06-03-2004, 05:59 AM
Wasn't he the Majority Whip from 1981 to 1987?
So which came first - the Dole Whip or Dole as the Whip? HA! Thanks for the laugh. That's too funny.

I prefer the DL version of the Dole Whip, but something is better than nothing here in NY. Anyone want to send me the recipe? Bill C. don't you have one?