PDA

View Full Version : Grapevine and Eating?

Momtowolf
05-31-2004, 11:59 AM
I just figured out that we will hit LA afterwork traffic on the Wed when we drive down.....any place to grab a nice meal right after we get off the grapevine? Give us a little time to kill and miss the bad traffic?

SCUBAbe
05-31-2004, 12:14 PM
The traffic is bad almost all the time. Especially on the 5 going and coming from D-land. I once left D-land on a sunday at 2:00pm and sat in traffic for 3 hours....In the Valencia area there are some restaurants. Olive Graden, Black Angus, Macaronni Grille, Fridays. There's also a mall. Driving down all along the freeways you'll see places to eat. I personally would not choose van nuys, Compton, most cities on the way there....Valencia/Santa Clarita is a nice area though.

DisneyFan25863
05-31-2004, 12:25 PM
Valencia/Santa Clarita is a nice area though.

Yeah, and it is right before all the traffic. Along the freeway, you can find the following:

Magic Mountian Exit:
Red Lobster
Hambuger Hamlet

Valencia Bulv. Exit (turn right, then into the Albertsons lot)
Panda Express
Rubios
Subway
Starbucks
Albertsons (they have a deli and some food)
A Pizza Place

McBean Exit (turn right, then left onto The Old Road)
Chilis
Chuck E. Cheese's
Pick Up Sticks
Wild Thyme Restraunt
Subway
Starbucks
Vons (deli)
Macaroni Grill
Claim Jumper
Mama Mia Pizza
Kyoto Sushi
Baha Grill
Wood Ranch

Those are all right off the freeway. If you want to go futher in, turn left at the McBean exit, go all the way down to the mall. There are loads of restraunts in the main mall and in the mini malls around it.

Lani
05-31-2004, 12:25 PM
Momtowolf -- SCUBAbe has some great suggestions and I agree with her that there are considerably more options if you can manage to wait until you get to Valencia. However, on those bad traffic days, it can be a good hour to 90 minutes from the bottom of the Grapevine to Valencia.

That said, the traffic heading down south is not anywhere near as bad as it is getting out of town (heading north) out of LA towards Valencia.

Grapevine (the Avenal exit) areas are starting to get developed, especially since Ikea built its distribution center there. Over the years that we've been making our drive down I-5 to the park, we've seen all sorts of things sprout in the area. There's even a Starbucks and Panda Express there now.

So... you DO have more options there than you did just three years ago. If you can wait the extra time, you have more choices in Valencia. But if you don't want to wait that long, there are some options for you before the Grapevine. Also, you can also just take a short break and buy some snacks to tide you over until a full dinner stop, too. :)

Have a great trip!

Hamradio
06-01-2004, 07:40 PM
I just figured out that we will hit LA afterwork traffic on the Wed when we drive down

Have a safe trip!

Momtowolf
06-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Thanks!!! We can't wait!!!It's the NO RULES & NO HUSBANDS TOUR 2004!! LOL My best friend and I take our kids every year and have a BLAST!!!!!!!!!

Momtowolf
06-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Thanks for all the help with the food choices. Wish IKEA was a store there!!! But they don't sell Mickey ears so forget it!! LOL

DisneyFan25863
06-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Thanks for all the help with the food choices. Wish IKEA was a store there!!! But they don't sell Mickey ears so forget it!! LOL
Well, actually, there is one down the 5, in Burbank.

But you are right, no ears.