PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix of Yesterland?

Pages : [1] 2

Morrigoon
05-03-2001, 12:45 AM
Which Yesterland attraction (or restaurant) would you most like to see returned to the Disneyland Resort? Where would you put it? What modifications would you make to it?

For me, I'd dig up the Cosmic Bidet and put in the Flying Saucers. Maybe re-theme them to the three-eyed Toy Story aliens if a movie tie in was needed. Shade it with frosted glass the way teacups in Paris is (also rain-proofing them!). I think the technology availible today could make them work more safely and efficiently. Perhaps reverse the flow of air - coming up from holes in the floor like an air hockey table? Plus the blowing air everywhere would add a fun element to it. Ooh, on the air hockey idea... why not a team game? the flying saucers would be like air hockey paddles trying to hit a puck into a goal. 3 on 3 Blues vs Reds or something. Then groups could go on the attraction with the intent to play against eachother. This would be a great attraction for families too with the game concept. Wow, I'm getting all excited over an attraction that doesnt exist, hahaha.

Morrigoon
05-03-2001, 01:01 AM
CORRECTION

Haha, my bad... the air already DID come from the floor! But perhaps it should come from really small holes and not have covers but just blow all the time.

blusilva
05-03-2001, 10:04 AM
I'd bring back the Subs. I'd put them in the Sub Lagoon.
I'm not an Imagineer, so I'm not sure how I'd modify it physically, but I'm *sure* there are ways to update it so it's not quite so cheesy. I'd change the theme to preserving our marine wildlife and make it about the future of sea dwelling creatures and humankind's impact on our oceans. I'd put a pod of migrating whales in where the sea serpant is now.

blusilva

lisap
05-03-2001, 10:15 AM
The Subs would be right up there on my list--maybe with a way to make loading and unloading faster--do you remember how long we would wait for that ride!! :eek: :eek:
I would tear up the concrete they poured over Big Thunder Ranch and restore it back to stables/cabin/dirt/relaxed space-just like it was before.

Chronically420
05-03-2001, 10:24 AM
I'd bring back the Rocket Rods....Ha! Yes!

And do it the right way this time. Banked turns, reinforced track, etc.

It's funny how the beep beep and wurring noises actually sank into us and how much a part of the theme and "feeling" it became.

beep beep

Napsto
05-03-2001, 11:44 AM
Definately bring back the rods the way tehy were supposed to be built!!!!!!!!!!!

RedJak
05-03-2001, 12:14 PM
I'd like the Inner Space ride back, please. I would retheme the show building to make it seem you were part of a scientific team striving to break though the quantum barrier. Lots of panels of blinking lights and fiber optic pipes all over the place. Although the sample to enter is supposed to be pure, have a contaminant present so on the way down you can see mammoth protozoans and other microbes. Redo the set pieces to be more animated. Yeah, I'd like that.

--RedJak--

dgthx
05-03-2001, 12:18 PM
Hmmm......either America Sings or Adventures Through Innerspace....tough choice.

lisap
05-03-2001, 12:24 PM
America Sings!! Innoventions totally numbed my mind making me forget the sweet attraction that used to be
:(

05-03-2001, 01:46 PM
All together now: BRING BACK THE SUBS!

Change it, update it, syngergize it with ATLANTIS, wow us with all the incredible possibilities that the last 40 years of technology makes possible.

Lani
05-03-2001, 01:49 PM
Yet another vote for Adventures Thru Inner Space.

AK Wolf
05-03-2001, 03:38 PM
It's not an attraction.

Heck, it's not even in Disneyland proper.

Even with all the amazing choices for attractions to have back from Yesterland (oh, what I wouldn't give to ride the Peoplemover again... or the Skyway... or the Motor Boats...), my fave would be right up Pressler's alley.

I want my Monorail Cafe back!

I can't TELL you how much I miss being able to hop on the monorail during the hot, busy part of the day, head for the monorail cafe, and relax with the 50's tunes playing over my head, and a Westerner burger in my hands! Heaven!

Chronically420
05-03-2001, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by AK Wolf

I can't TELL you how much I miss being able to hop on the monorail during the hot, busy part of the day, head for the monorail cafe, and relax with the 50's tunes playing over my head, and a Westerner burger in my hands! Heaven! BINGO! I miss MY Monorail cafe too!

Oh, the memories...:D

merlinjones
05-04-2001, 07:56 AM
1) Adventure Thru Inner Space - - Still a timeless theme, and the "Pirates" of Tomorrowland, it was TL's archetypal attraction. This could be rather easily brought back as they reportedly have several Omnimover systems sitting around. It could be updated with perhaps some of the ride through 3-D visuals used in Spider-Man to bring yet another dimension to this classic. A solid version of this would really bring in the crowds, both the nostalgic and the new!

2) Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Skull Rock - - One of the signature scenic elements of Fantasyland. It should be brough back as a new restaurant in the Motor Boat area.

3) The Golden Horseshoe Revue - - Still knocks 'em dead at WDW, why not here? Cheap MFs. I want my Can-Can girls!!!

4) Submarine Voyage as 20,000 leagues Under the Sea or Atlantis.

5) Carousel of Progress - - move it back from WDW to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Disneyland. Walt's original shows belong at DL.

6) Flying Saucers

Ralph Wiggum
05-04-2001, 09:09 AM
It's all about the people mover. It never had more than a 2 min wait. It was cool, calm but for some reason entertaining. The effects and music were so
70's but man did i love it. Tron was sooo fun too..

As long as were in Tomorrowland(which is where most of your picks are) I want the rockets back on top of where the people mover was....that was the best place for them...high and exciting... Now the only difference between Dumbo and the Rockets is the fact that they are dumbo and rockets.

ALSO... I think they need to bring back the sky buckets...those were sooo fun...screw the people who like to jump out...that's their own business... i use too many "....".... i need to stop that....oh well....later...

Dave

merlinjones
05-04-2001, 10:56 AM
>>As long as were in Tomorrowland(which is where most of your picks are) I want the rockets back on top of where the people mover was....that was the best place for them...high and exciting... Now the only difference between Dumbo and the Rockets is the fact that they are dumbo and rockets.<<

Agreed. What were they thinking? The view from high above Tomorowland was a thrill I really miss. The old mechanism is still there (as Observatron). It should be converted back into Rocket Jets... a mirroring ride to Astro-Orbitor for high flying thrill seekers.

>>ALSO... I think they need to bring back the sky buckets...those were sooo fun...screw the people who like to jump out...that's their own business... <<

That should have been on my original list. It's one of my most-missed experiences at Disneyland. Now there is no way to fly high above Fantasyland like Peter Pan. I want that back.

I want my DTV!
05-04-2001, 11:20 AM
I'd LOVE to have the original PeopleMover back, but the ORIGINAL!

As cool as Tron was, being able to once again see what was in those two rooms would be such a treat! Anyone ELSE remember what was in there before Tron?

In case you don't, the first room had Speedboats, making it look like you were riding in one, and the second room had race cars, same perspective.

Now THAT was cool!!:cool:

dgthx
05-04-2001, 12:56 PM
Really? I don't remember anything before Tron...a little before my time I guess.

Hyperboy
05-04-2001, 11:42 PM
Basically, I want the Disneyland of 1995 back. Well make that 1995 if the skybuckets had still been around. No garbage on the floor, the scrims in the Haunted Mansion were clean, Tomorrowland had the rocket jets where they were SUPPOSED to go (and the Peoplemover!) and they sure knew how to throw a 40th celebration. Cake, anyone? :D

Hyperboy
05-04-2001, 11:45 PM
Oh I almost forgot... as far as restaurants are concerned, I REALLY miss those shrimpy potato skin things they had at the Harbor House. Sounds kinda gross but I liked em!

I want my DTV!
05-08-2001, 06:57 AM
I almost forgot too!

My wife and I enjoyed our honeymoon at Strombolli's, in the D'Land Hotel, back in '96. Now they have that Goofy's Kitchen... where you spend over $20 a plate, which doesn't include drinks, you serve yourself, and you DON'T get to be strip-searched by your favorite Disney Character for that price!!!! :mad:

rob
05-08-2001, 07:05 AM
I want the 20,000 Leagues Walkthrough, but I would put it in the Submarine lagoon. Sections with the giant squid trying to get through. The view port to look at real sea life. It could be cool.

operkill
05-08-2001, 07:16 AM
[My wife and I enjoyed our honeymoon at Strombolli's, in the D'Land Hotel, back in '96.]

Definitely bring back Strombolli's, that place had the best food, but more importantly, the best deserts...:p

Doodle Duck
05-08-2001, 07:58 AM
Consistant QUALITY Maint. Nightly!
Creative decisions aimed at Pleasing the PUBLIC not the 'Anti-Walt Bonus Boy's' personal money bin.
and absolutely Inner-Space and the Subs.

also the Corps. Miss that brass!

and I want to be a GUEST again...not a blip on the 'Anti-Walt's' calculator.

Till then..look for me A.E.

jslivinski
07-16-2001, 01:17 PM
Decisions, Decisions.

I would love to see the subs back in any form new, old anythings better than nothing.

The skyway would also be great. To be able to see everything from overhead. Wow! I don't even remember them except for pictures now.

Finally, although I haven't been to the new resturant, but I want Big Thunder BBQ back. It was such a great place to sit and relax. Great food and you didn't need to worry about the kids.

So, that's my wish list, to bad it will never happen.