PDA

View Full Version : What does Tomorrowland need?

Pages : [1] 2 3

disNeytEen
05-31-2004, 11:43 AM
We all say that Tomorrowland is failing and is more of a presentland so what do you think it needs to become Tomorrow? New rides, shows, what?

CoasterMatt
05-31-2004, 11:54 AM
I'd say at least 1 new e-ticket (Buzz is a D-ticket at best), but the biggest thing - bring back MOTION!

There used to be so much energy and movement around Tomorrowland, and THAT more than anything is what is needed, whether or not some of it's Tomorrow is gone, the land won't be vital until the energy is back.

SCUBAbe
05-31-2004, 12:18 PM
It defiantly was better with more motion. Although, I don't think bringing the people movers or subs back is the answer. I loved the rocket rods. It's to bad they had to be scrapped. I think a new innovative ride that has not been done before would be way cool. Maybe a mixture of forward motion and screens like they use on start tours, but not a totally stationary ride. It wouold be great if they could use the people mover track that goes through the other rides. I liked looking in and seeing the other areas and being in the other areas abd watching the ride go through....

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-31-2004, 12:40 PM
What do we see our lives being like in the future? Cars that can fly? Something like the Jetsons used?

ToursbabeC3po
05-31-2004, 12:50 PM
The Future? Hmmmm? What an ideal..... Maybe technology is just moving to fast for those imaginers these days to keep up with Tomorrowland.
Tours

Hamradio
05-31-2004, 02:03 PM
We all say that Tomorrowland is failing and is more of a presentland so what do you think it needs to become Tomorrow? New rides, shows, what?

Tomorrowland has been a disgrace for years, withering on the vine since Paul Pressler starting cutting every budget in sight. It's really a dead asset to the park right now, and needs to be re-done ASAP. :crying:

KeithOfTerror
05-31-2004, 03:15 PM
It needs not to suck...

disNeytEen
05-31-2004, 03:26 PM
when you look at other parks around DL they all have so many attractions and shows. But evertime i visit TL it seems like a dissapoitment only having SpaceMt. as a major attraction. And it was never themed well. I mean Adventureland was like a jungle, Frontierland a dessert, Fantasyland so happy, Toontown wacky, but TL just seemed their. I wished they could re-do the whole theming and then do rides

Tigertail777
05-31-2004, 05:32 PM
It needs a optimistic future again. There are still ideas out there that are pretty futuristic; flying cars for instance. Autopia was fairly futuristic at one time beleive it or not, it was the showing the use of big freeways, and how people thought that would ease traffic and congestion on the roads. And not every amusment park across the country had something like the Autopia it was a semi rare sight to see cars kids could drive. Not a new idea, other amusment parks DID have little kid car rides, but Disney brought it to a new level with its spacious theming.

Personally I say take out the autopia and place it in DCA. Make some new flying car ride in its place. Make an updated version of ATIS with more realistic effects and a bit faster of a ride like a mild roller coaster. Bring SOME newer version of the peoplemover back: a slow ride of some kind that goes all over tomorrowland and behind the stage of the other rides like peoplemover did. Perhaps a UFO themed new skyway? Skyway had wonderful views, and was THE way to get around the park during parade congestion; something the park direly needs again. A updated futuristic version of the subs ride showing people living on the bottom of the ocean, which could still have some of the same show elements: Atlantis, overly large sea creatures ;) , graveyard of ships etc. but more realistic.

I could go on and on... but its fairly easy to see that an updated version of the same theme could be done, without even applying a lot of thought to it. Just fix it already.

disNeytEen
05-31-2004, 07:19 PM
Personally I say take out the autopia and place it in DCA..

LOL i love how DisneyLands problems always get thrusted to DCA. LOL :fez:

Tigertail777
05-31-2004, 07:25 PM
LOL well Ididnt mean it that way... its just that autopia no longer fits the tomorrowland theme. Its still a perfectly wonderful ride, but would fit the theming of DCA better, plus would actually give DCA another nice attraction.

disNeytEen
05-31-2004, 10:22 PM
You could base it off a major california highway, get rid of the bumbers for some lose of control and you would be good

Boingonut
06-01-2004, 12:23 AM
You could base it off a major california highway, get rid of the bumbers for some lose of control and you would be good

Or better yet you could base it after all the high speed pursuits that happen in SoCal. But maybe that would be better themed for DCA! :D

ppmuse
06-01-2004, 07:40 AM
Well, as always, you guys said it before I was able to: Motion. You are correct. It wasn't just the look of motion, but the sound. When the People Mover was replaced with the Rocket Rods, it seemed like a great step in the right direction. The sound alone of the Rocket Rods was awesome. Star Tours is starting to look a little old school, might need a little something to spice it up. Space Mountain is always cool, but it doesn't have much sound to it. It's a quiet spot of the park, especially since Innoventions was put in. Honey I Shrunk the Audience needs to leave, and a sci-fi movie needs to come in. Something in the air would nice, the skyway always was moving.

jrad32
06-01-2004, 08:09 AM
They should scrap the Honey I Shrunk the kids theater and give us a ride (the microscope one that Merlin Jones is always talking about) or a themed restaurant there. Maybe a Star Wars Cantina? Star Tours is basically a movie, and one movie-ride is enough for TL. Bring back some kind of Rocket Rod/Peoplemover ride.

I love the idea of reclaiming the autotopia land and moving that attraction over to DCA. If you combined that land with the sub lagoon and the Innovations area we'd have enough room for our own Mount Prometheus. We could have Journey to the Center of the Earth and 20,000 leagues under the sea. The lagoon could stay and lead into the cave entrance of Mount Prometheus where the nautilis would be docked.

Then for all you Little Mermaid or Nemo fans they use the old motorboat lagoon for a new dark ride.

That would give us Star Tours, Buzz, Rocket Rods/Peoplemover, Astro Jets, Space Mountain, Journey to the Center of the Earth, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and some kind of new ride/restaurant where the theater is. That would be a hell of a land, and would make TL the place to be, like it was when I was a kid.

CoasterMatt
06-01-2004, 08:20 AM
<stands and applauds> BRAVO!

Sounds vonderval!

jrad32
06-01-2004, 08:36 AM
Thanks. I know I've read similar ideas in other posts. It would cost a bundle I'm sure, but man what a land that would be.

Some people, myself included, are wary of clones from other DL parks, but I don't think that applies to Tokyo Disneyland or Disneyseas. Not very many of us are going to be able to go there to ride these attractions, so it makes some sense to bring them here.

King of Hearts
06-01-2004, 08:55 AM
What is our future? Right now, technology is stragnating. The future presently lies in medicine. We may have to drop the whole theme due to lack of vision.

King of Hearts
06-01-2004, 08:56 AM

disNeytEen
06-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Tommorowland (as you guys have said it) needs noise in the land. and more stuff outside the attraction to look futurey. I think that we should tear down Honey i shrunk the audience and build MISSION:Space in their.

DBJ
06-01-2004, 11:08 AM
They could convert it to a whole Space Camp theme. Where "astronaughts" go into training. Space Mountain, with it's new launch, could be a "trainer". Then there is the perfect Mission: Space - although knowing DL, they would build a "Scrambler" flat ride and bill it as a G-Force simulator. HISTA, would have to go, and Star Tours & Buzz would be squeezing into that overall theme. Using the lagoon certainly would be a challenge. But TL does need to have an overall theme to something, it's kind of disjointed right now.

SteveK
06-01-2004, 03:13 PM
It needs life breathed back into it. We all agree on this. Buzz and a revamped SM is the first step and here are my thoughts...not much different that what others are saying.

1) Peoplemover 3000. New futuristic cars with interactive/futuristic exhibits throughout the dark areas of the ride. Add laser/fiberoptic technology throughout the track to make it stand out during the night.

2) Kill the observatron and build a new ride - Similar to the Old rocket jets but jets/rockets are more futuristic in design and instead of only going up and down, a joystick will allow each ship to spin/rotate as if you were flying a real ship. You could actually go upside down (over the shoulder restraints needed) and bank...much more of a flying experience.

These two alone would bring Tomorrowland back to life and give it the centerpiece of activity it's been missing since the Astro Orbiter was moved to the TLand entrance.

3) New Star Tours Movies - A journey through all 6 Star Wars movies ending with the destruction of the Death Star

4) Submarine Voyage - Nemo or whatever...don't care as long as it's got creativity. Just get something in there, increasing park ride capacity and making use of exhisting infrastructure.

5) HISTA - bye bye. Adventure thru Innerspace 4D. An homage to the old ride using 3D and motion technology. Update the current ride/show technology to be more in line with the Terminator 3D and current 4D shows out there.

6) Innoventions - The concept of innoventions truly fits in with tomorrowland. Move it to the 2nd floor only and update it with the most cutting edge concept technology available...concept cars, home appliances, electronics...stuff that electronics companies are working on for the future. Take floor 1, put the seats back in and develop a new show in the vein of Carousel of Progress. There is nothing wrong with something that is educational and entertaining.

7) Starcade - Don't need an arcade at Dland. If you come to Dland to play in an arcade, you're missing the point. Send me your $50 bucks and I'll drop you off at the nearest arcade. 2 levels is plenty to create something else...give me a new ride, I'm greedy. How about Mission Space. 1st Floor is the queue/pre-board and 2nd Floor is the Ride.

Imagine a tomorrowland that is full of life again and not just a place you pass through to take your kids on Autopia or to catch the train.

-Steve

disNeytEen
06-01-2004, 06:47 PM
And why aren't you an imageanier? :D

SteveK
06-01-2004, 08:52 PM
And why aren't you an imageanier? :D

In a perfect world, it'd be a dream job. Unfortunately, I'm really not very creative (alot of what i've suggested is based around old rides) and I'd probably hate a job where I dream up ideas each day and have them shot down constantly due to "budgets." The real imagineers have ideas that would blow people away but will most likely never see the light of day.

-Steve

Disney Vault
06-02-2004, 02:02 PM
On that disney special on the travel channel they said the imaginears have file cabnits full of amazing ride concepts.