PDA

View Full Version : 1 Day Park Hopper

DisneyBob
05-30-2004, 10:00 PM
I don't know if this issue has been discussed yet, but the Resort is now offering 1 day Park Hopper tickets for $69 (ages 10 and up) I don't know how long this promotion will last, but I expect through the summer.

Tigertail777
05-30-2004, 10:20 PM
Yeah AL on Miceage said it was something like a $20 add on which sounds about right. I think its a great idea honestly, at that price I would probably go visit DCA when I went to Disneyland. Plus I beleive he mentioned some local discount things (off soda bottles?) that would lower the price even farther to the equivalent of about $14... not sure if that promotion has started yet or not.

I would say DCA is worth about $20, so thats pretty fair. I just hope they dont use this as a excuse to stop building new things in the park, you dont have to have ALL E-tickets, as long as the lesser rides are well executed.. I do hope they remember that.

TP2000
05-30-2004, 10:35 PM
A couple days ago Al Lutz also said that there would be a SoCal Resident version of this new Park Hopper that was "12 or 13 dollars more" than the current one day ticket price. That would put the price of a SoCal Park Hopper ticket at around $62.00.

Does anyone know if the SoCal version of this new Park Hopper ticket is out yet?

TP2000
05-31-2004, 12:27 AM
Answering my own post here...

I just checked disneyland.com and there is no mention of a One Day Park Hopper of any kind, or any type of SoCal Resident discount for any ticket media. There has been no official announcement as yet from the Resort regarding this new type of ticket. Has anyone heard anything about this besides the Miceage report that came out two days ago?

MonorailMan
05-31-2004, 12:47 AM
I'd love to see the ads:

"Go to Disneyland, and check into The Hollywood Tower Hotel for only $13. (And get the rest of DCA!)" :)

Darkbeer
05-31-2004, 09:10 AM
If you go back to the history of the special SoCal 2-day tickets... the original tickets were about $10 more than a one-day ticket, and allowed 2 days at the park, and if you wanted to, you could spend both days at Disneyland.....

Then someone at TDA figured out you could increase DCA attendance by requiring one day be used at Disneyland, and the second day at DCA... the tickets remained about $10 more than a single day ticket.

For example, in the fall of 2002, the SoCal special had the one day at each park requirement, but cost $9 more than a single day ticket.... Well, many SoCal folks asked if there was any SoCal specials, the ticket seller CM's explained the ticket, but folks didn't want to spend the extra money, so not too many tickets were sold...

Well, the 2003 SoCal special was the start of "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for Free"... in this case, there was no reason not to get the special, since it didn't cost any more...

The new one-day ticket will give a small group of folks the ticket they want, but I doubt it will be a big seller....

Grandbreaker
05-31-2004, 10:38 AM
It was in Resort Today yesturday that the so cal hopper is $ 62.00 and the other is $ 69.00. I was asked this question alot yesturday.

jrad32
06-01-2004, 07:35 AM
Well now we're talking. I wouldn't mind zipping over to DCA during the afternoon to ride the two or three rides I like before returning to DL.

Pirate Girl
06-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Back from a long weekend in Reno taking my little brothers to a basketball tournament...after 4 days away from the boards this is a nice surprise!

It's about time Disney Picked up on this. Having a 1 day park hopper will likely do great things for DCA. And perhaps even Disneyland by dispersing crowds! Woo hoo.