PDA

View Full Version : Fabulous Dessert Ideas

Kat in WA
05-29-2004, 06:54 AM
Our family would like to branch out from the usual churro and Toll House Ice Cream sandwich for desserts this year. We leave in two weeks and would love to have input from all of you for our first night dessert (to set the atmosphere tone) and other dessert ideas for the week. Thanks for the ideas!

SCUBAbe
05-29-2004, 07:28 AM
well, I have never had a churro or ice cream sandwich fromn there....maybe I should try one of those.

Anyway, we usually just get dessert at the french market. Thats only if my mother goes though. We both choose one nad share them. Another favorite is the waffle cone sunady with the fantasia ice cream. (We havent had that in over a year though.) Most times we go we don't have any sweets unless it's a chocolate covered strawberry or the fresh fruit they sell around the park. We usually do get the bread bowl soup in DCA though. It is the best there!! :)

scaeagles
05-29-2004, 07:28 AM
Book the Fantasmic Balcony. Some pretty good desserts up there.

stan4d_steph
05-29-2004, 07:55 AM
Rancho del Zocalo has a wonderful strawberry shortcake, but I think they only serve it in the summer. It's big enough to share too.

The best ice cream sundaes are over at Burrrbank Ice Cream in DCA. They are all delicious, but I especially like the strawberry sundae and the one with warm chocolate cake. Even though they are on the expensive side (about $6-7) these are a challenge to eat by yourself unless you're substituting for a meal, so the cost isn't so bad when you are considering it for 2 or more.

CarlieB
05-30-2004, 01:11 PM
The Grand Gibson sundae at the Gibson Girl parlour is pretty good:)

Tigertail777
05-30-2004, 01:16 PM
if you like pineapple, a Dole whip is extremely Delish! (get them right by the tiki room)

05-31-2004, 02:53 AM
Fantasia ice cream is like deluxe spumoni. Legendarily good!

rripley
05-31-2004, 10:54 AM
My current favorite is the homemade fudge at the Westword Ho Trading Company (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/detail/store?id=WestwardHoTradingCompanyShoppingPage) in Frontierland. If you get the 6 squares for $12 (normally $3/each) you'll have enough to last you the whole week; they're that rich. :D

Hamradio
05-31-2004, 02:08 PM
Our family would like to branch out from the usual churro and Toll House Ice Cream sandwich for desserts this year. We leave in two weeks and would love to have input from all of you for our first night dessert (to set the atmosphere tone) and other dessert ideas for the week. Thanks for the ideas!

Cheesecake at the French Market, New Orleans Square! :D

DonDuck
05-31-2004, 06:03 PM
I forget the name for them (Apple fries?), but the batter fried apple slices with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and carmel dipping sauce... simply awesome. Wife and I tried them 2 years ago at Buzz's and they've now become a must every visit.

CarlieB
05-31-2004, 06:42 PM
Those apple slices sound amazing - I can't believe I've managed to miss them! Does anywhere else sell them, apart from Club Buzz?

DonDuck
05-31-2004, 07:33 PM
I heard they do, but I'm not sure. I've always picked them up at Club Buzz while the lil' one watched the show.

Oh, I just remembered another great treat, cream cheese filled pretzels. Not only do they taste great, but they are quite filling, too.