PDA

View Full Version : Are tours worth the $?

tink1234
05-28-2004, 07:28 PM
Tours seem very expensive to me. Are they worth the money? If so what tour would a family of 6 with young children take?

Tinker Bell
05-28-2004, 09:00 PM
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=28914

This one was just put in.Don't know anything bout it just what it says here.I have been on the Christmas one and had loads of fun. There was kids there and they seem to have fun also.One thing did happen one Family stay behind for the HM ride.the kid did not like it.

Niwel
05-28-2004, 10:15 PM
If you have young kids I would try that new tour. The Red Carpet Experience is good for those who haven't visited the resort very much (once, twice or never). I loved the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour -- but I think you should be 12+ to really enjoy it. The whole family will get a kick out of the Holiday Time Tour (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm031211sl.htm) but no word yet when it will be back this year.

They are expensive (especially for larger families) -- APs do get a discount. but I think if you want to try something different or learn more about Disney then you should try it. They will probably be around for a while (the Walt's tour was revamped last year) so there is no rush.

leota's necklace
05-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Yes and no. I took the "Walt's Footsteps" tour before lunch was added. While it was nice to walk the park like Walt did, there were a few drawbacks.

1. The tour was LONG. Very, very long. We did a lot of walking, and it felt more difficult because we had to keep up with a group. Keep this in mind if you have kids in tow. Make sure they would be interested in what the tour demostrates -- I imagine very young children would have been bored to tears by the tour I was on.

2. Be prepared, if you are familiar with the park history and legend, to know just about as much as the guide. We didn't hear anything we didn't already know, really.

3. Hope for a good guide. There are stellar guides out there. Our was very personable, but not a great speaker. She was often difficult to hear, and tended to fill with "um"s and "ah"s and fell back on the phrases "it's kinda funny" and "to this day" a LOT. We were able to do a killer imitation of her by the end of hour one.

I don't want to bash on the tours. But do check on the length of the tour, expect a lot of walking, make sure the kids WANT to go, and try to get up front so the kids can hear.