PDA

View Full Version : PPH to DH - How long a walk? Monorail Cafe?

Pat-n-Eil
05-28-2004, 12:25 PM
I've not been to the Paradise Pier yet - but we're going in June.

We're thinking of skipping the PCH Grill character breakfast and trying for Goofy's.
• How long a walk would this be?
• Do you recommend reservations for Goofy's Kitchen?

Several years ago we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and we remember a fairly reasonable restaurant there called the Monorail Cafe.
• What happened to this place?
• Does another restaurant occupy this place?

Thanks. :)

Opus1guy
05-28-2004, 12:35 PM
The whole area of the Monorail Café is long gone to history, I'm afraid. That whole section of the hotel was bulldozed.

Pat-n-Eil
05-28-2004, 12:37 PM
The whole area of the Monorail Café is long gone to history, I'm afraid. That whole section of the hotel was bulldozed.

Thanks for the info.

That makes me sad. :crying:

miss bianca
05-28-2004, 12:45 PM

The walk would be short - less than 5 mins. And its a nice walk through the DLH grounds.
Yes I definitely would recommend ressies - that places is very popular.

cstephens
05-28-2004, 12:50 PM
We're thinking of skipping the PCH Grill character breakfast and trying for Goofy's.

Probably a 5 or 10 minute walk. Yes, reservations are a must for Goofy's Kitchen.

Lani
05-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Oh goodness, I so miss the Monorail Cafe!!!! sniff sniff

JeffG
05-28-2004, 03:00 PM
I really wish that the Disneyland Resort still had a restaurant comparable to the Monorail Cafe in selection and pricing, but I generally thought the food there was pretty bad...

-Jeff

Pat-n-Eil
05-28-2004, 04:10 PM
I really wish that the Disneyland Resort still had a restaurant comparable to the Monorail Cafe in selection and pricing, but I generally thought the food there was pretty bad...

-Jeff
Hmm.. I may have selective memory then and glossing over that part.. I don't recall that it was particularly good or bad.. just convenient and reasonable.

mousey_girl
05-28-2004, 07:27 PM
From previous experience, you HAVE to have ressies for Goofy's (and any other hotel character dining place), they will turn you away without one.

Minnie's (at PPH) has gone severly down hill in the last couple of years. I would not recommend PPH for breakfast if you are looking for edible food and good character interaction. Our last visit was Dec 2002. We were "stuck" into a corner, furthest away from the buffet area. The only character that came by was Gaston (and we had no idea who it was until later). The food was verrrry cold, and not much of a variety.

Goofy's is great. Lots of chacaters, you never know who you may run into. There are a lot of food choices, from traditional breakfast items to pizza.

Bruce Bergman
05-28-2004, 09:27 PM

Gee, I remember Monorail Cafe as being generally pretty darned good food, with a few fabulous and a few bad things. Are we talking about the same place? The one that sat right about where Starabilia is now? ;)

The closest you're going to get nowadays to inexpensive, simple, good eats is Whitewater Snacks at the Grand Californian. They don't have the wide variety, but they have everything else right.

I'm with Walt. You can keep the Haute Cuisine, gimme something simple yet well done - a great cheeseburger, BBQ ribs, a bowl of chili or New England Chowder. :D

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--