PDA

View Full Version : Smells at DCA?

Momtowolf
05-28-2004, 11:09 AM
So I know there is a coffee smell right when you first walk in....but what other smells are there around the park?

sediment
05-28-2004, 11:09 AM
I think they turned off all the other smells. To save money.

mrs_toad
05-28-2004, 11:11 AM
Teen Spirit ;)

Pat-n-Eil
05-28-2004, 11:14 AM
So I know there is a coffee smell right when you first walk in....but what other smells are there around the park?

Churros, Corn Dogs, Tortillas, Bread and Lasagne (in the Wine Country Trattoria).

sediment
05-28-2004, 11:19 AM
Something stinks over by Superstar Limo.
(Yeah, that's too easy.)

Momtowolf
05-28-2004, 12:31 PM
well thanks for your serious answer!!!

Pat-n-Eil
05-28-2004, 12:36 PM
You're welcome. You just have to wade through the DDD (devlish DCA detractors) sometimes to get the info you want. ;)

stan4d_steph
05-28-2004, 01:23 PM
So I know there is a coffee smell right when you first walk in....but what other smells are there around the park? I like the smell over by the Boudin bread factory when they're baking. Best sourdough in the world. Of course there are the smells in Soarin' Over California, pine and oranges. I like those. The smell of fresh waffle cones near Burrbank.

Mostly food-related smells as DCA, I think.

Gemini Cricket
05-28-2004, 01:24 PM
I hear parts of DCA smell like burned popcorn. I've heard that one many times.

(I say 'hear' because I don't have a sense of smell like everyone else does. Truly.) ;) :D

King of Hearts
05-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Disneyland smells of Diesel fuel... does DCA?

biolabetty
05-28-2004, 02:10 PM
I always smell the coffee smell too, but to me it smells like the coffee has been burnt.

sediment
05-28-2004, 02:20 PM
In case you were thanking me: you're welcome!!
I haven't been in a while, so I don't recall any other subliminal or accidental smells.

Tinker Bell
05-28-2004, 02:21 PM
I always smell the coffee smell too, but to me it smells like the coffee has been burnt.

I smell this one too. I hate it.I don't even like coffee but I love the smell.It brings me back home.

sediment
05-28-2004, 02:25 PM
I smell this one too. I hate it.I don't even like coffee but I love the smell.It brings me back home.
Then it's a perfect smell for the theme, eh? Your home is in CA, and this smells like home, which is CA.
It's these subtle nuances of magic that I always overlook in DCA's theming.

stan4d_steph
05-28-2004, 02:47 PM
I always smell the coffee smell too, but to me it smells like the coffee has been burnt. I believe that is because they actually roast coffee in the Baker's Field Bakery. Roasting the beans makes that sort of burnt smell.

leota's necklace
05-28-2004, 10:48 PM
I believe that is because they actually roast coffee in the Baker's Field Bakery. Roasting the beans makes that sort of burnt smell.

According to a friend of mine who has worked with a coffee roaster -- roasting coffee beans don't smell burnt. The oil and bean bits that are stuck in a roaster that has not been cleaned properly smell burnt. She worked with a roaster for a good amount of time and never had it make a smell like the one in DCA. She makes sure to lecture me about it whenever we go. :)

SCUBAbe
05-29-2004, 07:43 AM
I don't notice any smells in either park. I'm usually the one weaving and bobbing through the "slow" people or maybe they are just stopping to sniff the air...LOL..The only smell I notice everytime is the horrible smell when you ride the tram....that smell makes me feel sick... :(

I'll try to pay more attention next time I go if it's winter time. During the warm days I really try not to smell anything. I think some of the park guests may have a fear of deodorant.....the last time I went we were in the TOT shop and some man reached up past my head to get somrthing down and I just about died. yep, that was me running out of the store as fast as I could. Another time it was bad was the last time we went through the castle walk through (yes it was a while ago), but here were some u bathed kids in there and the smell was very bad. I'm sure it seemed worse because of the tight corriders in there. I nver thought that walk through would end. We couldn't get arounf them and ther were people behind us so we were stuck.

WaltAddict
05-29-2004, 08:40 AM
Ok. I have asked a cast member the very same question and the answer she gave me was that coffee had spilt down into the air conditioning unit and the smell that you are smelling is really old, really burnt coffee.

JTCarrey
05-29-2004, 11:11 AM
I have cat allergies (constant stuffy nose for 11 years), I smell nothing, I can hardly smell the oranges and pine in Soarin lol

Tinker Bell
05-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Then it's a perfect smell for the theme, eh? Your home is in CA, and this smells like home, which is CA.
It's these subtle nuances of magic that I always overlook in DCA's theming.

My home is GA.I moved just recently to CA.

masilly1
05-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Adding another burnt coffee vote
We were just there a few weeks ago and every time we walked through the entrace gate my husband would say "there's that wonderful burnt coffee smell again"
:D

CoasterMatt
05-29-2004, 02:34 PM
I've been on the bus home from work, and we passed a coffeehouse; the first thing in my head was "Are we at DCA again?"

DorisZ
05-29-2004, 04:40 PM
Well my older son always has to hold his breath on Screamin' when it goes over the fish fry place. Does that count? Sorry, but that's the only smell I remember.

millionairegirl
05-29-2004, 04:49 PM
I actually like the coffee smell. It makes me want an ice cream cone! Go figure.

But my favorite smell in DCA is the chlorine water smell by GRR.

I also like the orange smell in Soarin. I swore I smelled it at work recently, and it put me right back in the park!