PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS HALLOWEEN: The Scary Disneyland Thread

innerSpaceman
10-30-2001, 11:01 PM
For the first Halloween since 1969, we do not have the Haunted Mansion on October 31st. And yet we have a different, if similar, Halloween attraction - a merging of Mansion and Nightmare Before Christmas. From now on, we can only have one of them at Halloween. Which do you think is the better Halloween ride?

What other scary places, attractions, situations, etc. do you like at Disneyland and the Disneyland Resort?

Don't be afraid to be afraid.

Happy Halloween.

JRob2k1
10-30-2001, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
What other scary places, attractions, situations, etc. do you like at Disneyland and the Disneyland Resort?

Innoventions

-JRob

Ralph Wiggum
10-30-2001, 11:44 PM
haha..good one

I think Tom Sawyer could be scary at night.

ACtually I think it would be the most creepy if you were to be anywhere in the park alone.

tabacco
10-31-2001, 12:19 AM
Friend of mine from Store Ops said that Paradise Pier can be really creepy if you're there by yourself. I didn't believe it, but she swears that the background music combined with the "empty boardwalk" look just makes it kinda creepy.

She gets to go over there and collect strollers after the park is cleared, whereas I'm out as soon as the ticket booths close, so I'll never know, probably ;)

JRob2k1
10-31-2001, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by tabacco
Friend of mine from Store Ops said that Paradise Pier can be really creepy if you're there by yourself. I didn't believe it, but she swears that the background music combined with the "empty boardwalk" look just makes it kinda creepy.

I could see how creepy it is...Think about all those cheesy B horror movies like the "Carnival of Doom" or some crappy title. With that loud, wierd "organ" like music and psycho clowns runnin around...sheesh!

The backside of Big Thunder has always been a little creepy at night....

-JRob

innerSpaceman
10-31-2001, 01:45 PM
My personal favorite scary place in Disneyland (outside of the Haunted Mansion) is just inside the queue area of Snow Whites Adventures (formerly "Snow White's Adventures (Scary)"). It's the little dungeon scene where there is a great vocal performance of creepy lines from the movie, but delivered so much better than they are in the film. To this day, I can hardly believe that such dialogue is featured in this "kiddie" ride, and it's perhaps only because there is almost never a line for this attraction that children are not frightened out of there wits by it.

"The victim of the sleeping death can be awakened only by love's first kiss. LOVE'S FIRST KISS, bah hahaha haha. No fear of that - The dwarfs will think she's dead! She'll be buried alive. BURIED ALIVE! Hah ha hahahaha eeeheeheeheee."

Brrrrr. Sends shivers down my spine.

Briarose710
10-31-2001, 02:32 PM
I agree with the paradise pier thing. I'm in store ops also and if im closing down there and after i get of fmy shift i walk across the park so its liek an empty park adn the creepiest areas are the pier (probaby too many carnival horror movies or somthing) and for some reason i find the condor flats are a creepy after it's empty also...

Nigel2
10-31-2001, 10:14 PM
Somehow a "dead" midway with music sounds really creepy, anyone see "Killer Klowns from Space?"

PirateoftheCaribbean
11-01-2001, 04:51 AM
For me, Toontown gets scary at night. Towards evening, Clarabelle's is closed and everyone is over at Gadget's Go-Coaster, so the town can get spooky. It's probably just the noises and sounds everywhere.

zapppop
11-01-2001, 10:38 AM
http://members.aol.com/zapppop/honey.jpg

Disneyland never seemed that scary to me.

Uncle Dick
02-07-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Somehow a "dead" midway with music sounds really creepy, anyone see "Killer Klowns from Space?"

"Some clowns make you laugh, some clowns make you cry, these Klowns make you die!!!"

I've never seen it, but I've heard the theme song a few times. They play it on Sci-Fi channel all the time.

Gracy_hm
02-07-2002, 07:12 PM
The Pirates Ride after everything has been shut down.

justagrrl
02-07-2002, 07:40 PM
Riding Pirates in the boat alone - at night - with no one else in the boats ahead or behind you... Spooky!