PDA

View Full Version : Swing returns to Friday nights this summer!

lindyhop
05-27-2004, 07:51 PM
It's there! On the schedule! June 11!

Well, I'm excited. The rest of you can lament the demise of Mickey's Mambo Club. :p

Bruce Bergman
05-27-2004, 10:06 PM
Well, I'm just..... whelmed. Not overwhelmed, mind you. :p

Though I know several people who will be excited to hear this, I'm not one of them - welcome to the Two Left Feet Club.

But a good band can be fun to just listen to - let's hope they hire a few. :rolleyes: Some of the bands from the Saturday programs over the last few years have been 'mailing it in' - just "read the charts, play the notes" and not really working at sounding good.

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

Not Afraid
05-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Well, they better have lessons because, I can ONLY Mambo.

You know I'll be there. I had such a great time last year! I can't wait!

Captain Josh
05-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Well, what happens on Saturday nights now then?

(a do-it-yourself later)

...oh, a different band.

Cadaverous Pallor
05-28-2004, 09:07 AM
Yay! No excuses, Ghoulish, you and I are going dancing! Probably every week! :~D I'm excited!

I can't believe we let our passes lapse for most of summer last year. :rolleyes:

Rallymonkey23
05-28-2004, 09:32 AM
I'm not much of a dancer. But it's fun watching! Maybe I'll get the guts to get on the dancefloor.

mamabot
05-28-2004, 09:41 AM
If I can twist Nathan's arm to give me a few more Friday Nights, I will be there. I have always wanted to learn how to swing dance. Now all I need is a dance partner.

LSPoorEeyorick
05-28-2004, 10:37 AM
I have always wanted to learn how to swing dance. Now all I need is a dance partner.

There's always me! And what about Toddler?

mamabot
05-28-2004, 10:44 AM
There's always me! And what about Toddler?

That would work. And I am sure Todd's dance card would fill up quickly.

Not Afraid
05-28-2004, 11:13 AM
That would work. And I am sure Todd's dance card would fill up quickly.
He mine mine mine!.

Oh, I have Chris. Can't be selfish now.:geek:

Freerider127
05-28-2004, 02:05 PM
I think they are going to have a smaller swing band on Friday nights and have a big band on saturday nights which will be awesome, they use to have salsa on fridays nights but now we have more swing :D

lindyhop
05-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Jumpin' Joz Band is listed for June 11. They also play at PBDA and their music is great for dancing. They know what dancers like: a good steady beat and no improvisations and long solos, please. :eek:

I'm still waiting on the "official" word that PBDA will be doing lessons on Friday nights. The first Friday is questionable because they're holding Swing Camp Catalina that weekend. :confused: Maybe they'll announce something at the dance tonight.

It will be fun. :D

Morrigoon
05-29-2004, 03:52 PM
I can't wait! Unfortunately Gaucho's AP is expiring on the 23rd... but there's enough time for a lesson or two ;)