PDA

View Full Version : New Here have a question. [Rope drop]

hamald
05-27-2004, 03:02 PM
I've heard a few people mention the rope drop at DL in the mornings. What exactly are they referring to? Is it a ceremony? Also what are the latest plans for the 50th celebration. Is there an "official" celebration or anything. Thanks

Lani
05-27-2004, 03:15 PM
hamald -- In the morning before the entire park opens, they let people in through the main gate. And instead of allowing them to continue walking through the whole park, they put up a rope at the far end of Main Street, so the guests can all mingle on Main Street (and I'm thinking, SHOPPING and spending money). It is literally a piece of rope, and they do really "drop" it when they are ready to open the rest of the park to guests.

PS: You can read all the details of the 50th anniversary celebration in our article here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm040506avp.htm).

Hakuna Makarla
05-27-2004, 04:27 PM
what time can we get in? I want to be there as early as possible. and to get my barings straight. ( before they drop the rope?) or is this an every day occurance( the rope drop)

Kevy Baby
05-27-2004, 04:35 PM
There have been a few discussions about this. There doesn't appear to be a set schedule. However, it looks like if there is an 8:00 DL opening, there is no rope drop. If there is a 10:00 opening, they open the front gates at 9:00, with the rope being dropped at 10:00.

If you feel you need that extra hour of Main Street shopping, the Main Street is always open for one hour after park closing "for your shopping convenience" :rolleyes:

Edited to add: With 9:00 & 10:00 DL park openings, the gates only open a half hour early. There was a previous thread on this topic here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=28761).

sediment
05-27-2004, 04:38 PM
Hey, browse all you want prior to rope drop. But I wouldn't buy anything that I'd have to lug around all day. Is there a pick-up service anymore?

CarlieB
05-27-2004, 04:46 PM
I take it places like the Carnation Cafe are open at this time, so it could be a good time to grab a quick breakfast while soaking up the atmosphere:)

Hakuna Makarla
05-27-2004, 06:37 PM
I just wanted to know what time I can get in. I will be at the gate at 8:00 as I am going in August and some one told me they open at 8:00 during summer months. I am not going to lug anything until the last day, then put it on the bottom of my stroller as we stroll out to the motel for a nap.