PDA

View Full Version : New Parade At Disneyland...

GoldenEars
10-30-2001, 09:56 PM
Hi All~

This bit of information I'm about to share may not be remembered by our younger Disney fans but, here I go...

Rumor has it that Disneyland is planning to return a very popular parade that was performed back in 1991 called, *Celebrate!* It was a parade honoring the USA, and it had a very catchy tune, and done up in all patriotic colors! It was an awesome parade & Disney would be so wise to run that parade again after the holiday season is over.

Has anyone else heard about this rumor or knows of the parade I'm talking about? Any feedback would be welcomed, thanks!

Patrick:D

tinkfreak
10-31-2001, 02:20 PM
Haven't heard this particualr rumor yet, but I will check the entertainment schedule 4 ya on Friday and let ya know...

tinkfreak

thamnarestan
10-31-2001, 02:50 PM
Wow, that would be great! I haven't heard anything yet, and I'm a bit skeptical, as Disney has really been tightening the belt lately. But I'll talk to my friend in Enterntainment and see if she's heard anything.

GoldenEars
10-31-2001, 02:59 PM
Thanks for your input and checking with the entertainment dept for any news about this parade coming back!:p

Mouse
11-01-2001, 02:39 PM
I do not have any additional information about Celebrate aside from what thamnarestan and tinkfreak said. But I will tell you this: it is amazing how the Entertainment Department skips from one idea to the next and how quickly things change. They'll approve the budget for a show one week and expect it to be written, rehearsed, and performing the next. (<--really! They did expect this once.)

If they did decide to have Celebrate (a parade I've never seen, but it sounds like a good time to dust off) it would not be until after the run of the Christmas Parade ended it's run in mid-January. It would probably take at least that long to get the floats in working order assuming float parts weren't harvested for more recent parades.

Parade of the Stars is supposed to run until 2003 when it gets shipped to Hong Kong for the opening of that park. But like I said things change in a heartbeat and about face on a dime in ET. I'm partial to the Parade of the Stars myself (Oops! is this heresy?;) ). Of course that could be because I love all the characters, dancers and costumes in the parade (throw a couple of fuzzes in and I'm easily impressed). Not to mention the music! I love the music!:D

Ghoulish Delight
11-01-2001, 02:50 PM
1) I don't dislike Parade of the Stars. I simply never want to see it again. The first 50 flippin' times were more than enough. Another year, year and half, two years?!?! Ugh! Enough already.

2) I would be happier if they brought back Celebrate. I have a vague recolection of it. Anything that I haven't seen more than 10 times would be a welcome change from POS (of course, MSEP is exempt from any of this as it trancends all other parades into its own reality :D )

3) I would rather they think up something NEW! Like I said, POS is good. I really enjoyed it when I first saw it. So obviously, they still have someone who can put together a good parade (or at least they did 3 years ago). They've got time between now and end of January. Heck, they could probably stall until end of March/begining of April and catch the spring break crowd. Something new, damnit!!

Hades
11-01-2001, 04:00 PM
*with forlorn nostalgia*
Remember when Entertainment had a budget and Animation had top notch movie releases? Remember when the parades celebrated the current animation release, with characters and scenes from the movie? Remember how the kids would point and say "Look! its ...."?

Remember? Remember, remember...:crying:

Mouse
11-01-2001, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Like I said, POS is good.

That's good to hear. :)

BTW Not to correct you or anything, just think of it as a bit of "Disney Trivia" (OK, lame stretch). The company wide acronym for Parade of the Stars is POTS. How that's for Disney?