PDA

View Full Version : Thank You All, Pre Trip Report

EdD
05-27-2004, 11:42 AM
First of all, I wanted to sincerely thank the group on this board for providing an incredible amount of help and information for my upcoming trip next week. Even though we live 5 hours away, and the wife is technically a “cast member” because she works for ABC, we have not been to DL in almost 10 years, since before DCA was built. But we have a daughter now who is turning 4 next week, and she is old enough and it is time to share with her the memories of my childhood trips to this magic place, memories that I still prize dearly. She now understands, knows the characters, and to say she is anxious to go is an understatement.

As a truly doting father, I have worked hard to make this trip magic for her. The entire itinerary is built around her having a great time. I have spent weeks checking out the food/rides/learning the fast pass secrets (Darkbeer is my hero) and making sure that we have a perfect (yet still open, as naps and personal preferences are a reality) agenda. So thank you all again. Below is our plan for a wide eyed four year old princess and her parents to enjoy Disney! If I missed anything important, please let me know. Thank you all!

Thurs June 3, Day 1
Travel to DL from Central Cal, arrive DL about 3pm. Check in at Grand Californian, park view. Arranged to have daughter’s autograph book, customized mouse ears, cast member birthday badge, balloons and “official” Disney jammies waiting in the room. This is a grad night, so no parks. Swim (if warm enough), walk around DTD, then Goofy’s for dinner at 7pm, 1st char meal. Get good nights sleep for long day tomorrow.

Fri June 4, Day 2, Daughter’s 4th Birthday!
Up early, at the park at 8:30am Plaza Inn for 2nd char meal. Hit Fantasyland and Toontown so she can see her favorite Minnie and get used to rides with some of the smaller ones “I want to fly on Dumbo, Daddy!” Walk the park, ride the rides, and have fun with her! Lunch at Blue Bayou noon to eat (love Monte Cristos) and get her used to Pirates so maybe we can ride! More park. Dinner plans open, so we can eat where we will, can you say Bengal BBQ and Whitewater. Fantasmic VIP balcony seating at 9pm (no dessert buffet, but not $150 either, thank you Vacation Planning!), watch show and fireworks. Back to put the princess to bed, arranged Minnie plush, milk and cookies and tuxedoed strawberries waiting in the room.

Sat June 5, Day 3
Up early again, 8am breakfast at Storyteller, 3rd char meal. Catch early entrance into CA from hotel. Do CA while still no lines (dad really needs to try TOT, can you say child swap?). Lunch at noon at Ariel’s for 4th char meal. Back to DL for more fun. Dinner at Vineyard room, watch Electric Parade from there. Last as long as we can in the parks, then off to bed. It is our anniversary on the 10th, so have the Mickey/Minnie bride and groom set with a box of chocolate truffles arriving in the room that evening, with a card for the wife.

Sun June 6, Going Home
Get to sleep in today. Brunch at Storyteller, then off for the 5 hour ride home.

Rae
05-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Wow, you are organised and have gone to so much trouble. My plans sound terrible now.

PS Darkbeer is my hero too...he is full of all the best info

CarlieB
05-27-2004, 01:49 PM
It sounds like you're going to have a great time - have fun!:)

Momtowolf
06-03-2004, 06:10 AM
Fantasmic VIP balcony seating at 9pm (no dessert buffet, but not $150 either, thank you Vacation Planning!)

Just out of curosity how do we do this without paying for the buffet?

Thanks,

Steph :~D :cool: :crying: :p

EdD
06-07-2004, 08:29 AM
When I first called Vacation Planning and ordered the other things to be delivered, I had mentioned to the planner that I was going to be booking seats for the dessert buffet (it was well before the 30 day window opened). He told me to let him do it, as he could get it done an hour before the tickets went on sale over the phone. I called him up the morning the tickets went on sale for our date to make sure he had them. Ooops, it seems he failed to do so. So he said not to do anything he would call me back. He called back about 30 min later, and said he had pulled some strings and gotten me the VIP balcony, no dessert buffet but no charge either. So it is not a "normal" thing.