PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stay at the Annabella??

Momtowolf
05-27-2004, 06:07 AM
We are staying at the Annabella in June and am wondering what anyone thinks about it? How's the pool? Rooms clean?

I think we will drive to DL and pay for parking, which is fine, cause walking with 3 excited/tired kids is too much!! LOL

Steph

stan4d_steph
05-27-2004, 06:49 AM
There are several reviews in the MousePlanet Review database located here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlranabellahotel).

Hope you have a good trip and please post a review when you get back. :)

Momtowolf
05-27-2004, 07:14 AM
Thanks Steph....sounds like an alright hotel......:-)

Steph=Nor Cal

nightdesigns
05-27-2004, 08:10 AM
We are staying at the Annabella in June and am wondering what anyone thinks about it? How's the pool? Rooms clean?

I think we will drive to DL and pay for parking, which is fine, cause walking with 3 excited/tired kids is too much!! LOL

Steph

I stayed there, it's not too bad, quiet in the back. Had a junior suite with 2 rooms. It's a tad small, but the price and location aren't bad. Has it's own convenience store. I think it's owned by Disney, the name tags look like DL tags. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance.

spectromen
05-27-2004, 09:15 AM
The pool and spa are quite nice. I haven't actually swum in them but one night I was having dinner there and took a stroll over to see it and it looked pretty inviting.

Andrew
05-27-2004, 11:28 AM
It's okay. The advertised Internet access does not actually exist in the rooms, only in the "business center" which costs an extra $6/day. The Tangerine restaurant is pretty good, and that is the kitchen used for room service. Checkin lines can be long. We didn't have a problem finding parking, and when we were given a smoking room (contrary to our request--note that the odor of stale cigarette smoke inflames my allergies to an unbelievable degree) the problem was quickly resolved with an upgrade to a non-smoking mini-suite.
The restaurant next door, Tiffy's, has a surprisingly lengthy menu and decent food the one time we visited.
The hotel is only walking distance from the parks if you think the Paradise Pier hotel is "onsite". You can save a little bit of shoe leather by entering through the Grand Californian lobby and out into Downtown Disney near the tram stop, instead of walking all the way down to the AMC/ESPN area.

CarlieB
05-27-2004, 02:32 PM
We stayed there in July/August 2002. There were definite pros and cons, imho.

The main pool area is very nice. It's quite large, nicely landscaped and there is a hot tub. There are plenty of lounge chairs and complimentary pool towels. It can get pretty busy though. The adults pool is a bit smaller, and doesn't have such a good location. It's quite shady, so not as warm. Very quiet though.

The Tangerine Grill restaurant was good when we were there. We ate breakfast there most mornings, and dinnre once when we were late back from San Diego.

On the other hand, some (not all) of the staff were verging on rude (one in particular), and while the rooms were nice, they weren't as good as I though they would be I think we were in one of the older buildings though). We also had no hot water on our last day:mad:

CRS24
05-27-2004, 07:35 PM
I used to work at the Anabella. It is a nice property but like any place it has it faults. I did not like the GM at all :( and I know that he is still there. The Anahiem resort shuttle also stops there, so you have a free ride to the parks.

Have fun!