PDA

View Full Version : Missing Pirate in Pirates of the Caribbean

priyanka59
05-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Everyone knows that near the end of the ride after you pass the three men in jail trying to get the key from the dog and before you take that big lift up to the top portion of the building and to the loading/unloading area of the ride...there is a Pirate fight going on. There are 3 pirates on the right side and usually there should be 1 or 2 on the other (Im not sure), but I went today and there was NO pirate on the other side...hmmm?? Does anybody know where he went off too?

Oh and I was so excited, I met WENDY today for the first time in my life and out of all the times I have been to Disneyland. Wow, she was nice and I also met Malificent for the first time too!

It was fun, but I was really wondering what happened to that Pirate.

Boingonut
05-26-2004, 11:34 PM
A lot of time a missing AA, or in this case pirates on an attraction is no big deal, it usually just means that they are in for some maitenance, so disneyland dose not have to shut the whole down the whole attraction they just remove the AA thet needs work, or some updating, then let the show run as usual. I am sure that the pirates in qestion will be back soon looking better then ever!

CaliforniaCrazy
05-26-2004, 11:36 PM
Perhaps they are going to replace him with Johnny Depp? ;)

Missing Marbles
05-27-2004, 12:03 AM
Perhaps he took the EXIT sign literally. (Hee Hee)

Bruce Bergman
05-27-2004, 08:05 AM
Nsahh, he's just backstage seeing the AA Doctors. "Oi, my elbow dunn wanna bend, doc!" He'll be back soon. ;)

(For most of the characters, they have a way to turn off the soundtrack - so when the donkey is out for service, they shut off the braying. Otherwise it'd look rather silly.)

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

Forbin
05-27-2004, 08:30 AM
They sent him off for singing lessons. His Yo Ho sounds like a Ho Ho...and that's the wrong season for that.

Cadaverous Pallor
05-27-2004, 08:44 AM
(For most of the characters, they have a way to turn off the soundtrack - so when the donkey is out for service, they shut off the braying. Otherwise it'd look rather silly.)About a year ago the singing parrot took an extended vacation. It took them quite a while to get rid of his soundtrack, though. We joked about the ghost parrot.

The pirate on the left, who lays on a cannon, is on vacation. We noticed this last time. And yes, they removed his soundtrack too. He's the only guy on that side.

Not Afraid
05-27-2004, 09:14 AM
Don't forget the Goat on the barrel that is after to food in the pirates basket. We joked for months about the goat in the barrel.

TheatreTech
05-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Don't forget the Goat on the barrel that is after to food in the pirates basket. We joked for months about the goat in the barrel.Yeah we did! :rolleyes:

But, at least without the goat, the scene still made sense.
Now, the pirate on the right is shooting at nothing...oh well, at least he'll be nice and clean.

Opus1guy
05-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Well they arrrr pirates now, arrrn't they?

I call it good theming. The occasional desertion or AWOL is good show as far as pirates go.

:)

mad4mky
05-28-2004, 08:43 AM
I noticed the missing pirate over the weekend as well.

And, I noticed that the seagull is not on the skeleton's hat at the begining of the skeleton scenes (you know the one...the one with the crab...and the treasure chest full of shells...).

LSPoorEeyorick
05-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Perhaps he took the EXIT sign literally. (Hee Hee)

Hee! That was a good afternoon snicker.

(you know the one...the one with the crab...and the treasure chest full of shells...)
That chest is full of shells? I can't believe that in all these years I never noticed!

priyanka59
05-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Oh okay thats good that he is probably coming back. My first thought was that he had been removed and I was like the scene doesn't quite make sense without that Pirate. I was with my friends though who had never been on the ride before and they didn't know there was a missing pirate, so they just concluded that the pirates were drunk and acting stupid and shooting and they asumed that the shots of water were fish jumping (yea don't ask...).

But thats nice to know that he will be returning soon. Thanks for all your awesome answers you guys :D

nova66guy
08-16-2004, 11:47 AM
I went on Pirates a few weeks ago and saw that right before you enter the flaming village the lady is missing that sings yo ho with 2 other pirates.

CoasterChickie
08-16-2004, 12:30 PM
Maybe they think that if the pirates disappear one by one, no one will notice!
My disney packet says that POTC is going to be closed on Sep. 2. I'm hoping all those missing pirates will reappear that day. And I agree with you CaliforniaCrazy that they should have one who looks like Johnny Depp :~D

P.S. Funny comments Missing Marbles, Forbin and Bruce Bergman :)

sediment
08-16-2004, 12:54 PM
And I agree with you CaliforniaCrazy that they should have one who looks like Johnny Depp :~D

Not without a wench that looks like Keira. But touched up a la King Arthur posters.

fiendishnessxsally
08-16-2004, 01:15 PM
When I went to DL with one of my best friends, we noticed about the missing seagull AND pirate(s)...i was quite distressed about the seagull. i find him quite entertaining. but last time i went he was back, but the pirate was still missing. we joked about how it made no sense that they were shooting at nothing, and the armor behind kept getting hit by bullets coming from nowhere...then again, they were drunk, so it doesnt have to make sense. :)

RagtimePrince
08-16-2004, 01:35 PM
Does anyone know if the drunk guy with the cats is back? He wasn't there when I went in June and as a reluctant housemate of a cat that looks a LOT like the ones in the ride, I always loved that part...

MrsG
08-16-2004, 01:57 PM
The guy with the cats has been there every time I went this summer. I love that part too. I have an orange version of those cats.

Esmerelda
08-16-2004, 05:14 PM
As of a week ago, the pirate with the cats was there. :)

The little singing pirate trio was REALLY weird, though. The pirate on the left was completely gone! The little cute chubby round one in the middle and the accordian playing pirate had both been replaced with what seemed to be former versions of themselves (they looked a lot like the ones from that little segment on the Pirates DVD where Walt was previewing the ride for Disneyland Ambassador "Julie you-have-to-go-UP-the-waterfall Reihm" ). Anyway,it was strange. Hope that they're back soon! :confused:

sdfilmcritic
08-16-2004, 05:19 PM
So no one has noticed the alternating singing trio? When you first start hearing the Yo Ho song there is three guys singing and playing as a trio. One plays an accordion, another a guitar, and the third is a chubby guy in a striped shirt. Oh, and don't forget about the dog who throws in a yelp for emphasis. This group has been reduced down to two people and a dog for the last month. They are alternating the three of them. I noticed three weeks ago that the chubby guy was gone. This last weekend he's back, but the guy with the guitar is gone. I'm assuming in two weeks or so the accordion guy will be gone, followed by maybe the dog in two weeks after that.

Disney Vault
08-16-2004, 06:24 PM
I think i would be cool if they added just one pirate that looks like Jonny Depp and they could have him sitting in the back of the jail sell rolling his eyes telling the guys how the dog is never going to bring the keys.