PDA

View Full Version : Re-Entry Question

JBird
05-26-2004, 06:38 PM
I'm planning a surprise day at Disneyland for my girlfriend's birthday next week while we're vactioning in San Diego. If I buy four passes (2DL & 2 DCA), can we hop between the parks for the one day we're there? Is there a less expensive way to accomplish this. She hasn't been to DL and I haven't been there in years, so DCA is new to both us. I am aware of its unimpressiveness, but as long as we're there...

Also, where's a nice place for a meal that isn't too theme parkish?

MotorBoat Cruiser
05-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Where do you live? If you are in a close enough proximity that you might want to return again this year, you might consider the So Cal annual pass. Two of them are about the same price as 4 admission tickets (if you pay full price.

JBird
05-26-2004, 06:59 PM
No dice...I live in Philadelphia.

sediment
05-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Three-day parkhopper passes will be a little more expensive and they'll expire in two years if bought at the park.

Forbin
05-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Edit : Nm..2 day park hoppers are 98....

See if you know someone who can get you the annual $99 pass in case you ever come back.

DigitalLizard
05-27-2004, 07:13 AM
Edit : Nm..2 day park hoppers are 98....

See if you know someone who can get you the annual $99 pass in case you ever come back.

But there is consideration of major blackout days doing it that way
isn't there? What if the Surprise day that is planned is a Saturday?!?!

I'd definitely recommend the 4 park passes like you originally thought...
we are doing the same thing at WDW later this year because we
aren't sure we'll ever get back to the east coast again - ever!
BUT, now that I think of it, I believe I purchased a TWO day park
hopper for my BF last trip for about 98 dollars... you might want to
ask if that is available... then you'll only have ONE ticket each to
worry about! Don't forget to get your hand stamped upon leaving
each park!

FOR MEALS: I'd try something in the Grand Californian or maybe the
winery restaurant (name is escaping me right now) at DCA...
unless you plan on going off property, then there are trendy types
(like Chilis or Macaroni Grill) on Harbor south of the park about
2 miles down OR on Beach (take Katella west to Beach and make a
left) there are a bunch of those types along there and they aren't
theme parkish at all!

Hope you have a great time! Sounds like she'll have a birthday
to remember forever!

:fez: :fez:

Hakuna Makarla
05-27-2004, 08:26 AM
I'm planning a surprise day at Disneyland for my girlfriend's birthday next week while we're vactioning in San Diego. If I buy four passes (2DL & 2 DCA), can we hop between the parks for the one day we're there? Is there a less expensive way to accomplish this. She hasn't been to DL and I haven't been there in years, so DCA is new to both us. I am aware of its unimpressiveness, but as long as we're there...

Also, where's a nice place for a meal that isn't too theme parkish?
This man asked if he could go between parks, and as far as I know if you buy a 1 day pass can't you go between both parks ? do you have to buy 2 disneyland passes and 2 dca passes? wouldn't just a 1 day pass for each of them work? ( 2 tickets) thanks I would like to know to.

Forbin
05-27-2004, 08:28 AM
Sorry Karlahart after last month they removed the 2fer pass. Now it's only for Disneyland, I didn't see anything on the web site for just DCA but I will assume it's the same $49.

Hakuna Makarla
05-27-2004, 08:30 AM
:eek: your kidding! boy they are getting tough there! Thanks Forbiddin**karla

JBird
05-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I have two DL/WDW Cast passes that are good for one day/one park admission, so I'd only be buying two DCA passes and planning to hop between parks. This should work from what I've read, correct?