PDA

View Full Version : Believe! last perfomance this Sunday, May 30th

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
05-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Well, it has been confirmed....

Believe's last performance will be this weekend. June 5th, the new show will begin. The name has yet to be announced. It will perform almost daily until early September, around Labor Day weekend. As of now, the schedule shows Fireworks as dark until next Spring when they set up for "Remember... Dreams Come True" for Cast Previews and the official opening on May 5, 2005.

Therefore, there are only 3 shows left for Believe!, this Friday, Saturday and Sunday, all at 9:25 PM.

karl
05-25-2004, 06:40 PM
I guess we dont know if the Holiday show will happen.

I can only speculate that the issue is the Castle being rehabbed.

Sigh.

CarlieB
Will the Holiday version of Believe be back this year do you know?

Darkbeer
Here is some more info from a CM I know...

Talked to my technician friend again, and he has some rather sad news. He talked with their management about the shows, and it turns out "Believe!" will not continue through the summer. It will end extremely soon, to be replaced by either Fantasy in the Sky or something EXTREMELY similar. Now, why would they do this? I described "Remember..." earlier as the 'Light Magic of pyrotechnics.' It turns out that the 50th show is rather... underwhelming in that it is EXTREMELY similar to "Believe!" So in order to make the 50th show seem all the more impressive and spectacular, they're proceeding it with a lackluster, ancient show.

Tinker Bell
05-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Let us all bow our heads and remain silent for a moment.

Darkbeer
05-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Will the Holiday version of Believe be back this year do you know?
Based on the original quote, from a very trusted CM I know... the answer is, not scheduled.... remember though, things at Disneyland are always subject to change.....

CarlieB
05-25-2004, 06:43 PM
That's a pity:( I guess we'll just wait and see...

Not Afraid
05-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Darned good thing I was planning on stopping by DL on Friday. I may have to make DL a more frequent than usual destination.

God, I LOVE that show. It will be sad to see it go.

Darkbeer
05-25-2004, 07:33 PM
MouseInfo.com is reporting the new name of the show is "Imagine".

BELLEH5
05-25-2004, 07:57 PM
Good thing I have the soundtrack. Why? It's a great show :crying:
Too bad I can't see it! Will someone please say goodbye for me, thanks

Ghoulish Delight
05-25-2004, 08:04 PM
MouseInfo.com is reporting the new name of the show is "Imagine".My, how ironically unimaginative.

Kevy Baby
05-25-2004, 08:21 PM
MouseInfo.com is reporting the new name of the show is "Imagine"."Imagine how much money were saving!"
"Imagine what could have been"
"Devoid of any Imagination"
"We Imagine that people will keep coming to Disneyland no matter what we do"
"Imagine if we gave a crap about Disneyland"

:crying:

Sophie832
05-25-2004, 08:43 PM
I'm gonna miss Believe, so I'll definitely be at the park this weekend (braving the crowds to salute the end of this fireworks show). Thank goodness I have it on video, and in my iPod :)

I wonder if I'll get all choked up this weekend. Sniff. :crying:

Darkbeer
05-25-2004, 09:00 PM
BIG OOPS!

I got the dates wrong...

Friday May 28th thru Sunday, May 30th!!!!

Sorry....

tracilicious
05-25-2004, 09:16 PM
hooray! the first day of my dl trip will be the last day of believe. i'll get to see it one last time! yay!

Pirate Girl
05-25-2004, 09:18 PM
I'm gonna miss Believe, so I'll definitely be at the park this weekend (braving the crowds to salute the end of this fireworks show). Thank goodness I have it on video, and in my iPod :)

I wonder if I'll get all choked up this weekend. Sniff. :crying:

I'm really sad...I won't be able to get down there to watch it again! :crying: Believe was one of my all time favorite things at the park and I cry every time I see it (Yes, I am in fact, a big fat nerd).

dsnylndmom
05-25-2004, 10:11 PM
I loved Believe, especially Holiday Believe. It always made me tear. I'm sad it's going. Sadder still about the whole story :crying:

Ghoulish Delight
05-25-2004, 10:57 PM
I'm not sad to see Believe go, per se. What is upsetting is that it's being replaced with something worse. I don't mind things in the park going away. It's part of keeping the park alive and fresh. Even when things I love go away, I'll of course miss them, but as long as something of quality replaces them, it doesn't upset me. Unfortunately, that's not the case here. I will fondly remember Believe, but I will be annoyed at the "new" show.

TP2000
05-25-2004, 11:55 PM
I'm not sad to see Believe go, per se. What is upsetting is that it's being replaced with something worse...

Okay, hang on. How do we know the new Imagine show will be worse than Believe? No one has seen it yet, and no one from Disney has even described it yet.

Of course, this all sounds like the ultimate rush job and this Imagine show may very well be inferior. But I think we should all just hang out for 10 more days and see what goes shooting into the sky on the night of June 5th before we pass judgement.

It's one thing to pass judgement on a future product when we've seen artist renderings, read cheesy Disney press releases, and dished about all the rumors coming from Miceage and such. Goodness knows I've been guilty of that on message boards for years! ;-)

But to pass judgement on something that no one has any knowledge about seems just a tad bit hasty to me. I'm looking forward to seeing what Disneyland presents on the evening of June 5th, and then I'll render my verdict along with everyone else.

LightGuy20
05-26-2004, 03:39 AM
My big question is: Why did they bother to have the two weeks or so of Believe... if they were just going to close it and replace it less than a month later? It would be as if Animazement made a two week return, right before Snow White opened. Wouldn't it be cheaper to have just prepped the new fireworks show in the downtime since Believe....Holiday ended in January?

Maybe this is just the result of really last minute planning re: the 50th.

cstephens
05-26-2004, 04:49 AM
"Imagine how much money were saving!"
"Imagine what could have been"
"Devoid of any Imagination"
"We Imagine that people will keep coming to Disneyland no matter what we do"
"Imagine if we gave a crap about Disneyland"

:crying:

This is your opinion based on not even having seen the new show yet?

CoasterMatt
05-26-2004, 05:14 AM
How could they do Believe this summer, if the castle is gonna be covered in tarps and scaffolding?

JTCarrey
05-26-2004, 09:43 AM
Man! I won't be able to see it :( I'm not going to Disneyland until June 25th with my friend and I wanted her to see Believe, she wanted to see it too, this sucks, I'll miss Believe, it made me cry too (I'll join your big nerd club Pirate Girl)

Photographer
05-26-2004, 10:13 AM
Bye bye "Believe" :crying: I'll miss you

Disneyphile
05-26-2004, 10:18 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :crying:

Ok, come heck or high water, I've got to scramble to find a way to come to the park this Friday. :(