PDA

View Full Version : Turkey legs?

seattlemom
05-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know if they still sell the tukey legs from the ODV carts, and where would I find one that sells them? Thanks.

Dlandmom
05-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Opposite the entrance to the Matterhorn is where I last saw it not long ago.

seattlemom
05-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Thanks for such a quick reply. :)

Dlandmom
05-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Just happened to be at the right place at the right time! ;)

I actually haven't tried one of those legs, but I've heard about the ones at WDW, so one of these days I'll just have to give them a try!

Lani
05-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Besides that location near Matterhorn (near the meet and greet area before you get to small world), you can also get turkey legs near the corn dog wagon at the end of Main Street.

By the way, the turkey legs at Disneyland are substantially better than the ones they sell at Walt Disney World. The WDW ones are tough, rubbery, and the skin is like leather. The DL turkey legs are juicy, moist, and delicious. Also very good for people on controlled-carb plans! :)

Dlandmom
05-25-2004, 03:26 PM
Besides that location near Matterhorn (near the meet and greet area before you get to small world), you can also get turkey legs near the corn dog wagon at the end of Main Street.

By the way, the turkey legs at Disneyland are substantially better than the ones they sell at Walt Disney World. The WDW ones are tough, rubbery, and the skin is like leather. The DL turkey legs are juicy, moist, and delicious. Also very good for people on controlled-carb plans! :)

Thanks, Lani. Now that you mention it, I remember seeing signs for it at the corn dog wagon.

I'll definitely have to try the legs now, if they're juicy, moist and delicious! ;) I hope you're doing well on the controlled-carb plan...I'm sure you are! I, on the other hand, need to get started!

Hakuna Makarla
05-25-2004, 03:30 PM
I have been on one for 3 months, watching all my carbs and I am stalled in one spot! turkey legs sound so good right now!! I better have me one of those when I get there, I am tring to figure out now what to eat there that I won't gain back the 50 I lost so far! I will be looking to eat lots of fruits even though i am on low carbs.better then all those great goodies they have there.
Oh I will be eating some of them, but still will try to fend off the goodies and eat smart to. :)

Ghoulish Delight
05-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Your mileage may vary...but the turkey leg I had at Disneyland was gross. It wasn't "juicy" it was greasy, and it looked and tasted like ham not turkey. I guess it's supposed to be "smoked" but it was more like it had been injected with fake smoked flavor. I much prefer the turkey legs at the Rennaisance Fair, which are roasted and juicy, not smoked.

Explicit
05-25-2004, 03:53 PM
They also sell them in DCA at the Hollywood section. I assume its a new cart because they also sell Tamales too. It's next to the Hollywood Hot Dog place.

CarlieB
05-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Just out of interest, how much is a Turkey Leg these days?

DCAWhites
05-25-2004, 03:57 PM
$7, or somewhere around there. I think this is also the prices of the chimichangas ODV sells. I didn't know they sell tamales though!

Explicit
05-25-2004, 03:58 PM
I believe $7.00. Yea, I saw that this weekend when I went. $5.50 though for one tamale. :(

CarlieB
05-25-2004, 04:01 PM
$7, or somewhere around there.
Woah!:eek: That better be one big turkey leg!

Lani
05-25-2004, 04:28 PM
Your mileage may vary...but the turkey leg I had at Disneyland was gross. It wasn't "juicy" it was greasy, and it looked and tasted like ham not turkey.OK, so they're not the BEST turkey legs. HOWEVER, I still think they are astronomically better than the ones at WDW. Just ask Alex. He attempted to eat the skin off of one at the Magic Kingdom (in Tomorrowland), and he sat there chewing on the skin for about 10 minutes before he gave up and spat it away. I swear I could hear the skin squeeking (think of a rubber doggy toy!). Ewwww!! :eek: :D

NirvanaMan
05-25-2004, 04:42 PM
I had great ones at WDW last time there, granted it was back in 2000. I have heard bad things about the DL turkey legs....but I guess mostly from people already posting about it in this thread.

mamabot
05-25-2004, 07:32 PM
The pretzel cart near the horse dran carriage drop off point at the Hub also sells Turkey Legs.

awinner
05-25-2004, 09:24 PM
on sunday they were selling turkey legs in front of the mark twain

Missing Marbles
05-25-2004, 10:54 PM
I indulged in a turkey leg earlier today. 6.00 dollars in DCA. Pretty darn good but salty.

millionairegirl
05-26-2004, 06:50 AM
Woah!:eek: That better be one big turkey leg!

They are HUGE! My sister and I share one and then go get an ice cream cone. A perfect, if not well balanced, lunch.

One time my sister and I were sitting on a bench right next to the Corn Dog Wagon enjoying a Turkey Leg. This Mom and her 6 year old got in line after the little girl begged for a corn dog. The little girl started eyeing my sister and I and then started whispering to her mom that she wanted a chicken leg!
I don't know where that family came from, but they must have the biggest chickens in the world :p !

To this day my sister and I call the Turkey legs chicken!

danyoung
05-26-2004, 07:03 AM
By the way, the turkey legs at Disneyland are substantially better than the ones they sell at Walt Disney World.

That is very good to hear, Lani. I just tried my first one at WDW about a month ago, and I have to say I was unimpressed. It was awfully greasy, and after the first few bites you get down into the small bones and gristle. Not very enjoyable. I'll have to try one of the DL legs on my next visit!

jswtsang
05-26-2004, 09:09 AM
i once heard an urban legend that they are not all turkey leg, i.e. they are some weird cross bred bird that is part something large like ostrich. this of course would be absurd, b/c what would they do with the rest of this giant bird...but it is kind of funny to picture someone ordering an ostrich leg and trying to carry it down through tomorrowland... :)
the last time i got one was at the del mar fair, sometime before i tried the frozen chocolate dipped sprinkle covered cheese cake and before i refused the fried twinkie...
jt

Polar33
05-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Well...the boxes are labeled "young turkey parts", so however you wish to interpret that is fine with me.

The three places you can buy one at Disneyland (subject to change, and not guaranteed to be open) are:
East Hub, across from the Frontierland enterence
Matterhorn area, at the old Moterboat loading area
South side of the Mark Twain Dock

Also, there is a cart next to Muppet Vision in DCA

I can't remember exactly how much they are though...either $6 or $7. I don't sell 'em, I just cook 'em.

jswtsang
05-26-2004, 11:49 AM
Well...the boxes are labeled "young turkey parts", so however you wish to interpret that is fine with me.

heh that's pretty funny sounding, but sounds alot better than "Grade D, suitable for human consumption" that my friend assured me the meat in the cafeteria at school was stamped...ewwww

jt