PDA

View Full Version : [Riding the] monorail [in] front

drjones
05-24-2004, 10:16 PM
I was at disneyland today for lunch and decided to go for a little jaunt on the monorail when lo and behold: the driver cabin was available to guests. Of course i made sure to be up front. (Intersting how different the ride view is from up there) The driver said that the front has been open for about a monthnow, but I haven't seen it available until today. Has anyone else ridden in the front since 9/11 til today.....?

Oh yeah, I finally got to ride the segway: those suckers jam!!!!

oh yeah again.....bugs on Indy look awesome now.

happyhaunts999
05-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Ya my wife and I rode up there a few times last week(twice actually) it is alot better from there, and the segway was weird but neet thing to try I was a little nervous at first but it was easy to get used to.

Opus1guy
05-24-2004, 10:44 PM
I rode in the front of Red on Sunday. It was the only monorail running. :(

Pilot said they have only 2 good ones available, and one of those blew it's pneumatics so it was down to one until it got fixed.

I think he said Orange is going away altogether and that the other one was being stripped for spare parts! He said they are supposed to get a new one with a newer drive system or something to that effect.

Boingonut
05-25-2004, 05:00 AM
I think he said Orange is going away altogether and that the other one was being stripped for spare parts! He said they are supposed to get a new one with a newer drive system or something to that effect.

Dose anyone know what is up with purple, the last time I was there in Febuary it was not there. I asked the driver about it, but he was really busy at the time I did not catch what he said, but I think he said it was down in the roundhouse for restoration. I hope that they are not useing it for parts, monorail purple was my favorite! :crying:

SoCalDisneyLover
05-25-2004, 06:28 AM
I rode in the front of Red on Sunday. It was the only monorail running. :(

Sunday was my birthday, and I was in the Front of Red on Sunday afternoon, around 2:00, and we were held at the Downtown Disney station for about 20-30 Minutes, while they removed the other Monorail from the track. I guess it must have been stuck prior to or at the Tommorowland station. Thankfully my friend's 3-year old who was excited about riding on the Monorail(it's supposedly his favorite ride), was all excited being up there, so it wasn't quite as bad.

Lucky break. I'd hate to have been on the other one which apparently broke down, and I'm not sure where.

tink1234
05-25-2004, 07:55 AM
How many people can ride up front at once?

Not Afraid
05-25-2004, 08:28 AM
How many people can ride up front at once?

Five people plus the driver.

It's really a fun experience and everyone should do it at least once.

Tinker Bell
05-25-2004, 09:15 AM
I got to ride up front bout a month or so back.We was on the Red.My girls love it.We have done the back we have done the front.So we are good now.I don't usually ride cause I have one of those SUV stroller.

tink1234
05-25-2004, 09:34 AM
Five people plus the driver.

I have a family of 6. One will be a 1 yo at the time, so she will be a lap child. Will they let all 6 of us go? How do we secure a spot?

dude
05-25-2004, 09:50 AM
Dose anyone know what is up with purple, the last time I was there in Febuary it was not there. I asked the driver about it, but he was really busy at the time I did not catch what he said, but I think he said it was down in the roundhouse for restoration. I hope that they are not useing it for parts, monorail purple was my favorite! :crying:

From what a CM told me, Orange is going to be totally rebuilt brand new, and Purple is down because it is having its drive system replaced. That's all I know.

Not Afraid
05-25-2004, 11:02 AM
I have a family of 6. One will be a 1 yo at the time, so she will be a lap child. Will they let all 6 of us go? How do we secure a spot?
The maximum allowed in the front of the Monorail is 5 - big or small. 5 adults or 5 children or a combination of 5 adults or children.

To get a sopt, you may have to wait in front for a while. Talk to the Monorail CM when you get up front and tell them you have 5 or 4 or 3 people who want to ride in the front. In your case, one person would have to ride in the main car.