MonorailMan
05-24-2004, 07:32 PM
I've uploaded this picture for MickeyLumbo:

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Hastin-badshow.jpg

What bad show! :mad:

MickeyLumbo
05-24-2004, 08:05 PM
thanks MM.

this photo was taken "onstage" to the west of the drawbridge. this rubbermade-home depot orange- toolbox was hard to miss.

oops!

newhdplayer
05-24-2004, 08:08 PM
couldn't find any peeling paint?

DisneyFan25863
05-24-2004, 08:21 PM
couldn't find any peeling paint?

See the orange box?

Bruce Bergman
05-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Okay, so someone left an orange toolbox up on the roof, and didn't slide it back into a corner where it couldn't be seen.

And your point is...? :p

(Don't sweat the small stuff. They probably had to hustle to clean up from whatever overnight work they were doing and get off the roof before park opening, and had to leave it there for the day. Stuff happens.)

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

DisneyFan25863
05-24-2004, 09:18 PM
I want a refund for my AP. I feel my experience with Disney has been ruined by this horrible event.

mrs_toad
05-24-2004, 09:39 PM
Any chance of this thing falling on someone's noggin? The lawyers are worried about dizzy riders falling out of teacups, yet it's okay to leave a tool box on the edge of the roof? :confused:

Opus1guy
05-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Ever take a ride on the old Skyway attraction? Ladders, tool kits, buckets, hoses, sawhorses...daily. Those roofs are virtual storehouses. Can still see that stuff from some heights.

Not to mention air conditioning units, vents, electrical conduits, drains, plumbing, etc, etc.

And then there's standing on the balcony of the Disney Gallery when Rivers of America is drained.

Visual intrusions have always happened in Disneyland. They do try to minimize it when they can, but they can't always. The tool box could even belong to a contractor that isn't versed in the "rules."

You want real visual intrusion? Take a look at those permanent blaring Exit signs popping up in attractions these days. They make that tool box look like a chameleon in a rainforest. :)

Any chance of this thing falling on someone's noggin?

From the photo it looks to me like the box is not on the ledge or wall of the castle at all. It looks like it's sitting on something a ways back, and it's just an optical compression that makes it sorta look like it's near the edge.

Cadaverous Pallor
05-25-2004, 08:58 AM
Ok, things are getting way out of hand here....and I don't mean the construction crews.

Chill thyself, oh flustered APers.

Opus is right regarding the Skyway and other such standard intrusions.

Plus, it's obvious from the pic that this is a pretty zoomed in shot. Just how tiny does that orange box look in reality?

tink1234
05-25-2004, 09:44 AM
I want a refund for my AP. I feel my experience with Disney has been ruined by this horrible event.

:D LOL!!! :D

cstephens
05-25-2004, 10:02 AM
I've uploaded this picture for MickeyLumbo:

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Hastin-badshow.jpg

What bad show! :mad:

I seriously hope you're kidding.

Anyone noticed how much of backstage you can see while riding the monorail?

MickeyLumbo
05-25-2004, 04:18 PM
chill people. i thought it was a picture of interest. i was not reporting a crime. in fact, it amused me. thought it may also amuse you guys.

if it really upset me, my post would of contained more than "oops". :rolleyes:

seeing rooftop stuff from skyway or backstage stuff from monorail always intrigued me...

the toolbox, however, was visible from ground level and i thought it was of interest to everyone.

ouch.

Cadaverous Pallor
05-25-2004, 04:45 PM
ouch.The barbs weren't aimed at you.

Not Afraid
05-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Barbs don't need to be aimed anywhere when it comes to something as simple as this.

Kevy Baby
05-25-2004, 08:32 PM
:|

SacTown Chronic
05-26-2004, 05:58 AM
i thought it was a picture of interest.
Yo MickeyLumbo,

While I don't think the toolbox is that big of a deal, I appreciate that you made the picture available to us so that we could decide for ourselves.

Good lookin' out.