PDA

View Full Version : PCH Grill..

Pat-n-Eil
05-24-2004, 06:25 PM
Well, there is only 1 (rather unfavorable) review in the mouseplanet reviews area about the PCH Grill. When I search the web, I find reviews that are 1, 2 and 3 years old and I think I picked up that the menu and possibly the prices have changed.

Does anybody have a current menu or current pricing information? We are interested in doing the character breakfast when we stay there next month - do you think it would be necessary to make an advance reservation? Is it standard breakfast buffet fare? (bacon, sausage, eggs, cereal, pancakes, waffles?) How about the cost of that?

Lastly, what kind of food can we expect there for lunch or dinner? Burgers & fries or something more eclectic?

Thanks.

sediment
05-24-2004, 08:29 PM
"American Cuisine With Asian Flair"
Laughing place had a relatively recent review.

Try this:
http://www.cafetiki.com/rest/pacific.html

Hard to tell how updated it is, with it being called "The Pacific" hotel.

From kingdommagictravel (and word-for-word from Disney's site):

Disney's PCH Grill
PCH stands for Pacific Coast Highway and this restaurant offers a family journey in great food. After a fun-filled day in the Parks or a dip in the pool, come as you are and check it out.

Cuisine: American, Vegetarian, Healthy Selections
Meals Served: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

Everything from fried calamari and fish tacos to cheeseburgers and pasta
Minnie & Friends character breakfast
Open kitchen featuring a massive pizza oven
Kids can design their own pizzas!
Reservations accepted, Healthy Selections Available. On the menu here are local favorites with exotic ingredients from the Pacific Rim, including specialties such as shitake mushroom soup and sake-infused sea bass. The Grill also has more "regular" selections including burgers, BLTs, and wood-fired pizzas. Children can even build their own pizzas at the table.

sediment
05-24-2004, 08:30 PM
I used Yahoo!

cstephens
05-25-2004, 09:56 AM
Well, there is only 1 (rather unfavorable) review in the mouseplanet reviews area about the PCH Grill. When I search the web, I find reviews that are 1, 2 and 3 years old and I think I picked up that the menu and possibly the prices have changed.

Does anybody have a current menu or current pricing information? We are interested in doing the character breakfast when we stay there next month - do you think it would be necessary to make an advance reservation? Is it standard breakfast buffet fare? (bacon, sausage, eggs, cereal, pancakes, waffles?) How about the cost of that?

With the caveat that it's been a while since I've had breakfast at PCH Grill (I think it's called Minnie and Friends), I would suggest trying one of the other character breakfasts. I've only been to PCH Grill a couple of times, and both the character interaction and the food weren't that great. We'd been going to the PCH Grill for Easter brunch, but last year's was so bad that we're not going back.

As for lunch and dinner, I know some people who really like the place, but it's not anywhere we've gone for quite some time.