PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones Fastpass Stinks!

Pages : [1] 2

splashmtngurl
05-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Have you ever noticed what a jip the indiana jones fastpasses really are? i mean you plan your day around your fastpasses for the major attraction and then when you get to the ride you really only skip the line of people that is outside once you get in (pretty much) the line merges and you still have to wait in a fairly long line..............i just think its kind of stupid..............the deal is, is that when i was there a few years back it seemed like the passes really were useful but these past few trips i have found they dont. but who knows maybe its because a few years ago fastpass was newer and not as many people knew about it so the fast pass line was definetly smaller.............hmm..........anyone else had this problem?

SCUBAbe
05-24-2004, 04:45 PM
yep. It's because they make you watch the movie now. Before we could just walk right past that area. Some people enjoy the line, but no matter how "themed" they make a line I would rather not stand in them.

splashmtngurl
05-24-2004, 04:48 PM
same here, if there is anything i cant stand about disneyland its waiting in lines!!! i mean the longer you wait in a line the less rides and/or attractions you get to participate in during your stay

sediment
05-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Yeah, instead you should crowd the walkways, waiting around somewhere out in the park instead of in the queue, or running to get that next fastpass, or going through the exits to go to DCA to get a different Fastpass and then back again.
That sounds like so much more fun!
I prefer waiting in the queue. I don't have to do anything but stand in a "usually" nice and cool place. I also prefer going on days when it's not so crowded. And if I had an AP (and lived closer), I wouldn't have a need to go on every one of my favorite attractions every time I went.

Definitely, FastPass stinks!

splashmtngurl
05-24-2004, 05:37 PM
lol okay so i do prefer waiting in a line to crowding the walkways and people watching but still you think that the fastpasses would be able to benefit those of us who actually take the time to get them.........i mean take a look at splashmtn i mean the fast pass gets you nearly to the front of the line, in my oppinion the fast pass for indie really is just a usless waste of time, why, i could simply spend those ten minutes that it takes to get ur fast passes (once you wait in the line becuase DL is all about lines, lol) standing in line............lol i am not trying to be negetive i just think that FAST PASSES ARE A JIP!!!! :p

DCAWhites
05-24-2004, 05:47 PM
Indy's not too bad, I mean even if you end up having to wait from the falling ceiling room, that queue can move so fast (capacity is like 2400 per hour with jeeps leaving every 18 seconds) it will never be longer than 7 minutes or so. A whole lot different than waiting 3 hours in line for splash mtn. However, autopia fastpass can get mighty bad! I'm talking about times when it has taken 25+ mins.

CoasterMatt
05-24-2004, 05:54 PM
FAST PASSES ARE A JIP!!!! :p
Yep, they're really expensive :rolleyes:

happyhaunts999
05-24-2004, 06:04 PM
I noticed the longer wait in line for indy but it did not bother me I think the longest we waited was 20-30min. still better than 60min. in the fast pass line. ToT fast pass was about the same they rush you into the room only to stand in line once you have seen the video. I don't mind waiting i still waited 3 hours for splash when there was no fast pass so 20 min is no big deal.

sediment
05-24-2004, 07:30 PM
i mean take a look at splashmtn i mean the fast pass gets you nearly to the front of the line,

It's not a front-of-the-line pass. Heck, a leisurely walk from walkway to Indy FOTL is at least 10 minutes. Under the train tracks, around Jungle Cruise, etc.

............lol i am not trying to be negetive i just think that FAST PASSES ARE A JIP!!!! :p
Yes, fastpasses stink. Use one or two daily. Stand in line and get to know the rides the rest of the time. Get in touch with that inner you that longs not to be rushed around, trying to get your money's worth, when, in reality, your money's worth is more than "Number of rides ridden."

SCUBAbe
05-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Yes, fastpasses stink. Use one or two daily. Stand in line and get to know the rides the rest of the time. Get in touch with that inner you that longs not to be rushed around, trying to get your money's worth, when, in reality, your money's worth is more than "Number of rides ridden."

I go for the rides. We do wait in some lines, but if it's really crowded we just leave the park. I do not wait in 1 hour + lines. Out of the last 10 times we've gone we've only used the fast passes twice. Thats because I usually go when it's not going to be to busy. We just went to six flags last weekend and it was busy. Some of the rides were over 2 hour waits. So, I bought the fast lane passes. They sure came in handy and they put you right at the load area. :)

MonorailMan
05-24-2004, 09:08 PM
You know, last time I smelled my FP tickets, it had a nice freshly printed smell. Didn't stink to me.

JTCarrey
05-25-2004, 03:20 PM
well usually when I go to Disneyland I use fast passes (unless I'm with my mom then she uses her disability card) and if I'm there, let's say from 11am-6pm I can hit about 15 rides or more, on good rides like splash and indy, and the last time I went it was crowded, I just manage somehow, and I'm pretty patient plus I know the park like the back of my hand and know usually the best times for each ride, so maybe it just takes a little patience and no rushing, rushing usually makes the day seem longer and not worth the fun. Have fun, enjoy the scenery and the magic of Disney ;)

Not Afraid
05-25-2004, 04:32 PM
same here, if there is anything i cant stand about disneyland its waiting in lines!!! i mean the longer you wait in a line the less rides and/or attractions you get to participate in during your stay

When I've had those same thoughts, I just realized that Disneyland was not for me. I can't have DL my way because, I am not the only one visiting. I get to learn a lesson on sharing. WOW!

MonorailMan
05-25-2004, 04:42 PM
You know, I was shocked. I actually waited in an Hour TOT line the other day, and enjoyed it. In fact, it buildt on the experience. (Love that Bellhop Band!) :)

JTCarrey
05-26-2004, 09:48 AM
just imagine all the people who are unable to go to Disneyland and how fortunate we are to be able to go, and the fact that we only have to pay $279 for a PAP (which is equal to about 5 and a half days at ONE park but worth a year of two parks) while others out of town without PAP's spend 100's more on their short lived trips to Disneyland. Would you rather spend an hour in line at the DMV or an hour in line at Disneyland knowing the outcome will be fun? :D It's better than spending 12 hours knowing if your mothers brain surgery came out well too (venting here)

Big Dog
05-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Something needs to be done about the fast pass line at indy. I had a 45 minute wait for the ride once WITH a fastpass. The line was all the way back into the cave before the open air corridor before the bat cave.

Quick on-off topic question: Does anyone know where I can find a decoder card for lettering on the walls of the cue line at Indy? I remember having one when it opened but after a few moves it has disappeared.

You know, I was shocked. I actually waited in an Hour TOT line the other day, and enjoyed it. In fact, it buildt on the experience. (Love that Bellhop Band!) :)

I had the same experience with the same outcome but my wait was only 40 minutes. Bellhop Band RULES!!!

sediment
05-26-2004, 12:55 PM
That's just a special font, and part of the fun waiting in line is creating the decoding and reading everything.
That 45-minute wait must have been due to a ride problem, combined with the fastpass CM not getting the word.

Pat-n-Eil
05-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Yep, they're really expensive :rolleyes:

Yeah, they are free - but unless they are enhanced, they prevent you from getting another one for another ride.. so if you've taken the time to get one for a popular ride like Indy and the return time is way out there then you have to go wait in line for 45 minutes, you would certainly feel less than satisfied. If Disneyland is open from 9:00am to 8:00pm like it is today, you have a grand total of 11 hours to spend in the park.. now you've pretty much blown 1/10th of your day waiting needlessly.

splashmtngurl
05-26-2004, 04:07 PM
lol my thoughts on the fastpasses seemed to have caused quite and effect!!! its not that i dont like waiting in line its just that fastpasses are ment to be there in order to help those who dont plan on being in the park all day or for someother reason need to board the ride ASAP! its just sad to think that when you get into the park as eary as you can and spend the first 20 mins of your day trying to get FP for your favorite ride you dont get the bag for your....er..FP lol!

Ghoulish Delight
05-26-2004, 04:11 PM
its just that fastpasses are ment to be there in order to help those who dont plan on being in the park all day or for someother reason need to board the ride ASAP! Umm, no. Fastpasses are there as a convenience than can reduce your wait in line by a significant ammount. They have never guaranteed "front of the line" or "incredibly short wait." As it stands, the FP wait for Indy is still significantly shorter than the standby. That's all that it was designed to do, and it's succeeding.

innerSpaceman
05-26-2004, 04:33 PM
Yeah, but the expectation created by, hmmmmm, just about every other fastpass line is that the pass gets you pretty darn close to the loading zone.

It's not true in every case, and so I don't falt Disney for creating a false impression, but I think it is a reasonable assumption that a casual guest might make based on their own experience that the Indy fast pass is not as beneficial as other fast passes. If they knew that in advance, they might have chosen to get a fast pass for a different attraction, being that - for a certain window of time - other ("connected") fast passes are not available to them.

Furthermore, I would venture to say that the casual guest would not know that there are even such a thing as "unconnected" fast passes, or that the time you are eligible to get new fastpasses often arrives well before your first fast pass matures, or that fast passes are valid even after the purported "expiration" time printed on them (hence the many valid fastpasses which are found casually discarded throughout the park ... and, notably, thrown on the ground instead of properly discarded in the Waste Please recepticles).

Because casual guests do not know the ins-and-outs of the fastpass system, the knowledge that is not "official," and do not know the details of every single fastpass line, the Indy fastpass situation can be perceived as a bit of a jip.

splashmtngurl
05-26-2004, 05:19 PM
OK i found a better way to get across my point!!!!

i understand that FP is not to get you to the very front of every line!! but it is indeed ment to give you a quicker line! For those of you who enjoy indie as much as i do and ride it at least 3 times you attend (for a season pass holder thats alot) you must understand that after awhile the line becomes sorta boring, the fun things are no longer quite as exciting (not to say they arent) and when we go to great lengths to get our fast passes (sometimes getting up early in the morning so as to get into the park in the morning early enough to actually get a FP for this major attraction) its a little dissapointing to find that the line merges (in my opinion) way to early on. But, i must say disney did a great thing in creating FP and i do know that it was not intended to get you on the ride right away. Who knows, maybe i am just to spoiled from riding splashmtn where the fastpass line is never more then 15 mins...........

Cadaverous Pallor
05-26-2004, 06:50 PM
You got a fastpass. You stood in line for the ride for a shorter time than the standby line.

Problem?

Grover2001
05-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Boy are people spoiled. I don't think Fastpass is the greatest invention but have you forgotten Indy's first years when the line was 2-3 hours long everyday and it started in Frontierland?

sediment
05-26-2004, 08:28 PM
Well, SMG, you could change your attitude about waiting. It's an option that hasn't been considered nor dared to be written -- until now.

The queue for Indy was made to get people off the walkways, back in the day when every waking moment at DL was not expected by TDA to be an exercise in wallet-stripping. It had to be long, since you have to go so far. And when you're in there waiting, and there's a low thunder-like roar, and the lights dim a bit, here's a spoiler/guess: the train is passing overhead. But, you probably have not had the pleasure of enjoying the full Indy experience.

Now, the stand-by line has to start on the walkway, since the queue has to be non-stop for FastPassers, lest someone complain about stopping.