PDA

View Full Version : Terminate and sell some tacos on the floor (Matterhorn)

HBTiggerFan
10-29-2001, 06:44 PM
Its an addition to my confusing post..
The end of the Matterhorn....What did/does it sound like to you??

Ralph Wiggum
10-29-2001, 07:03 PM
already posted in another thread

somebody spilled some tacos on the floor
somebody said your mom is such a ......

BiggJakeMoney
10-29-2001, 09:22 PM
This one I got from my girlfriend, who in turn got it from our mutual best friend.......

"Cinnamon toast and tacos, por favor."

Hehe.

-BJM

stan4d_steph
10-29-2001, 09:24 PM
Permanent Cher got tacos at the store.

BiggJakeMoney
10-29-2001, 09:32 PM
Permanent Cher?!?

LOL

-BJM

Marko50
10-29-2001, 11:24 PM
At this point in time, I think most of Cher is permanent. ;)

Napsto
11-04-2001, 10:46 AM
what are you talking about?

mrlop
11-04-2001, 01:50 PM
it goes like this:

"cinnamon toast and tacos on the floor"

ask any cast member .. even when we rode the jungle cruise the other night, when the ride was over he said it that way.
also there was a guy at my high school (matt you can back me up) his senior quote inthe yearbook was cinnamon toast and tacos ont he floor, and he worked at disneyland too.

everyone was close though.
i mean not that you are all wrong, but i think there is a universal misunderstanding here.

i know i make no sense

Ralph Wiggum
11-04-2001, 02:10 PM
you make perfect sense....that's the saying I usually hear as well.

Wackokid
11-04-2001, 05:35 PM
the best one is "cinnamon toast and tacos por favor"

Shrubbo
11-05-2001, 04:20 PM
yeah, my friends and I always thought it was "cinnamon toast and tacos, on the floor" until we were old enough to realize it was simply "remain seated please" in spanish. The crazy interpritation will always rank right up there with my friend's interpritation of "Everybody dance now!" as "Mommy's got the Lysol."

zapppop
11-05-2001, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Napsto
what are you talking about?

I'll be glad to help you Napsto !

At the end of the Matterhorn a recording of a man's voice is played. First in english

REMAIN SEATED PLEASE
( then he says it in spanish )

PERMANECER SENTADOS POR FAVOR

Ace
11-05-2001, 04:33 PM
AHHH!!! I know exactly what you guys are talking about now!!! I was just reading down this thread and I was like......"WHAT THE MONKEYS!!" but now I know!!! I think the sound you guys are talking about is at the beginning of a song on the No Doubt CD Tragic Kingdom...someone find that out.

zapppop
11-05-2001, 04:43 PM
Squinky

Did you read my post above ?

mrlop
11-05-2001, 05:55 PM
we all know it is the spanish translation, but it sure as hell sounds a lot like garbled english which translates to
"cinnamon toast and tacos on the floor"

doyie

zapppop
11-05-2001, 06:07 PM
I was explaining it to Napsto, not you.

And I've never had any trouble understanding it.

pixiepal
11-05-2001, 06:49 PM
Yes, the recording from the Matterhorn is heard at the beginning of a No Doubt song (I think "Tragic Kingdom" from the album of the same name).
Oooh. Album. I think I just dated myself!!!!
Anyway, this makes perfect sense being that No Doubt is from Anaheim!!!

HBTiggerFan
11-05-2001, 07:00 PM
The saying is on the beginning of the song about Disneyland "Tragic Kingdom" on the album of the same name by No Doubt.

Ace
11-05-2001, 07:17 PM
I knew it!!! And I could never figure out what that saying was....I thought it was cemmacem centavos por favor or something like that, but then I knew un centavo is a cent, so I thought I was insane...guess not!!! peoplemover will return!

zapppop
11-05-2001, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by pixiepal
Yes, the recording from the Matterhorn is heard at the beginning of a No Doubt song (I think "Tragic Kingdom" from the album of the same name).

I almost went crazy ( well, crazier ) looking for it but I found my ND Tragic Kingdom CD. It's the very last song and if you listen, you can hear the the audio from the Snow White ride as well.

Cadaverous Pallor
11-05-2001, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
It's the very last song and if you listen, you can hear the the audio from the Snow White ride as well.
I knew full well about the Matterhorn/Tragic Kingdom connection, but Snow White? Do you mean in the same sound bite? That makes no sense, seeing that Snow White is nowhere near the Matterhorn.....maybe you meant Alice? Or maybe it's elsewhere in the song and I never noticed?

:confused:

FEJ
11-05-2001, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by pixiepal

I used to watch them practice at "The Stomp Box" when I roadied for another band that pacticed there in mid/late 80's

zapppop
11-05-2001, 08:17 PM
On my cd, the 2 overlap. I can hear the matterhorn spiel and the music from snow white together.