PDA

View Full Version : And you thought they'd ADD to the 50th...

olegc
05-21-2004, 06:17 AM
FabulousDisneyBabe.com has a brief about possible (probable?) budget cuts for the 50th anniversary -but only at DLR.

SSDD - and I won't spell that out (board policies, dontcha know)..
http://www.fabulousdisneybabe.com/fab/articles/showArticles.asp?ID=119

LSPoorEeyorick
05-21-2004, 07:32 AM
OK, I'm a hair-width away from packing my angry eyes and pounding down Eisner's door. Who's with me?

HENRY FORD MUSEUM? That isn't even DISNEY PROPERTY.

Nephythys
05-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Those are not possible cuts, those are done deal cuts. He already slashed the budget.

The deed has been done. :mad:

Bruce Bergman
05-21-2004, 10:50 PM
OK, I'm a hair-width away from packing my angry eyes and pounding down Eisner's door. Who's with me?

If I thought it would actually accomplish anything (besides getting us all arrested :rolleyes: ) I'd volunteer to drive the carpool. I can borrow the TransSport, it seats seven if I put the third row seats back in.

We need to push for Mr. Eisner to leave, this year. :mad: That company needs a visionary at the helm, someone who will take a chance and greenlight a project that's a little more than they think they can handle - because knowing the task is difficult brings out the best in people. The best things in the park happened when Walt sent Roy O. off on an extended vacation... ;)

The WDC does not need someone in charge who plans to barricade the doors of the Executive Suite, never promoting and grooming any possible sucessors for fear of being replaced. (Which appears to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.)

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

Boingonut
05-21-2004, 11:29 PM
Down with Eisner, Down with Eisner. Down with Eisner!!!

GoldenEars
05-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Michael Eisner Is Nothing More Than A Big Joke!

NirvanaMan
05-22-2004, 08:49 AM
The Henry Ford museum in Dearborn is quite impressive. I used to work a few hundred yards from there in the research and engineering park.

MonorailMan
05-22-2004, 10:08 AM
They don't call you King Derailer for nothing, NM. :)

Cadaverous Pallor
05-22-2004, 03:36 PM
They don't call you King Derailer for nothing, NM. :)If you read the article you can see why he mentioned as much.

I am in awe of Eisner's stupidity. :|

Hey YOU! The goon hired by Disney to read these boards and keep tabs on us! Tell your moronic boss that he's a huge jerk who is spitting on everything the company stands for, and we're not dumb enough to turn our heads and pretend it isn't happening.

Why the HELL isn't he gone yet??? :mad:

sleepyjeff
05-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Why the HELL isn't he gone yet??? :mad:

Ummm----maybe because his biggest critics are still visiting the Park every chance they get :)

Cadaverous Pallor
05-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Ummm----maybe because his biggest critics are still visiting the Park every chance they get :)Just because I think it's mismanaged doesn't mean I'm going to give up something that I still deem to be fun and worth the price. Don't try to guilt me into giving up my days at the park - it's ain't gonna work. :|

sleepyjeff
05-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Just because I think it's mismanaged doesn't mean I'm going to give up something that I still deem to be fun and worth the price. Don't try to guilt me into giving up my days at the park - it's ain't gonna work. :|

Do you honestly think he would still be in power if even a tenth of all his repeat business vansihed?

Cadaverous Pallor
05-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Do you honestly think he would still be in power if even a tenth of all his repeat business vansihed?A tenth? Are you saying "a tenth of the people walking in the gate" or a "a tenth of APers"? No matter how you look at it, a tenth is a staggeringly large figure.

I have fun at Disneyland. If I did not, I wouldn't go. Apparently that's what the majority of APers think, because they have APs and continue to renew. In the end it comes down to whether or not I am happier paying Disney money and enjoying the park or boycotting Disney staying home. I'd have to say the former.

I guess what you're inferrring is that I can't complain if I'm still visiting Disneyland. I say, you can't complain if you don't. The average man on the street doesn't know what state Tomorrowland is in. We only know because we're there to see the carnage.

So like I said, it ain't gonna work.

HBTiggerFan
05-22-2004, 04:29 PM
:| :| I recently heard on some news that Eiser would remain in power until 06, due to his contract there is something about they can't release him from it (or buy him out). I wish I listened more carefully, I was to :| during the report.

Bruce Bergman
05-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Eisner could insist on staying until his contract term is up, that's his right under the current contract. If the Board wants to kick him loose now, they would have to pay him through the end of the contract term, and possibly a large financial penalty to make up for any profit bonuses he couldn't collect as he was out of office.

And Eisner could continue to stonewall about selecting and preparing a successor to take over when he does leave office - seeing as how he'll be gone in a year and a half at most if he can't convince the board (and the stockholders) to extend his contract (Good luck, guy! :rolleyes: ) not taking care of that important task starting right now borders on gross negligence. They don;t have to say who it is right now, just that it's being taken care of.

If Michael Eisner dropped dead of a heart attack tomorrow, who would be ready to step in and take over the day to day operations of the company? Nobody. :mad: They could lose billions in profits by being in chaos for several months as a new CEO is selected and approved by the board, and gets into office and up to speed.

The United States Government knows who the successor to the President will be, that process is set by law. That's why we elect a Vice-President. And if by some fluke they both are unable to serve, there's a long list, starting with the Speaker of the House of Reperesentatives - that's how Gerald Ford ended up in office.

Corporate officers have no formal secession system, there would be several current VP's all vying for the job. And it may turn out that none of them are really qualified to do it, and they have to go outside with the search - that's even more time...

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

sleepyjeff
05-22-2004, 06:09 PM
I guess what you're inferrring is that I can't complain if I'm still visiting Disneyland.

Not at all. As one of their best customers, you have every right to complain. Nor am I asking for a boycott( would hurt Disney more then help IMHO ). All I am saying is that it is quite obvious to me why he is "not gone yet".

Lost Boy
05-22-2004, 08:32 PM
And to add salt to the open wound, the Capers People meeting that they insisted on happened this week in New York, and the board once again defended Eisner (and Igor) and said they firmly stood behind him and believe whole heartedly he is the best man for the job. The profit shooting up 72% this last quarter (which Eisner had NOTHING AT ALL to do with) has kept him in the postition because he gets credit for it, even if he had nothing to do with it. It was from DVD sales, ESPN and more people coming to THE THEME PARKS. So once again, we rescue the company, make him look good, and then he repays us by doing this? The man is , I can't even say it here. He is worse that Lionel Luther and Voldemort all roled into one. Also the luckiest man on Earth. Every time he seems close to being tossed out, something good happens at the Company which makes him look good, and off we go again. And the Calpers people are still not happy, but they are not Theme Park people and are just looking at the numbers. And if the movies they are churning out keep tanking at the box office, then his days will be numbered. Which has me worried in one respect. I want Narnia to succeed so badly. I want all the books done, just like the Harry Potter books, as Narnia is my all time favorite bood series.

SweetAurora
05-22-2004, 11:04 PM
I was so excited about that "museum" coming into the Innoventions building. I was *this* close to even auditioning for the positions there so that I could add to the magic during the 50th next year...to the museum! That would have been neat!
I'm glad I didn't, I guess. :confused: