PDA

View Full Version : Morning Crowds?

Rae
05-20-2004, 07:30 PM
When the park first opens do the crowds tend to hit certain areas of the park or is it equally crowded everywhere??

I would think that the lands closest to the entrance would be busiest and others like Toon Town and Critter Country would be quiet.

I have heard that Toon Town and Fantasyland tend to be quiet in the night time, can anyone tell me from their personal experience if this is true. I am assuming it would be as it seems to be more geared towards kids, especially Toon Town.

kdrickard
05-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Most things after rope drop in the morning can be got on with little to moderate wait -- my experience. The non-fastpass rides with lower hourly capacity are the ones we often do first; say Peter Pan, Matterhorn, etc. After things start getting longer lines a fastpass plan works best. Since our kids our younger we don’t usually make it later into the evening where things slow down again.

Kevin

Cloud Buster
05-20-2004, 08:51 PM
It seems that the majority of the crowd don't start showing up until around 10:00. If the park opens at 8, and you can get up early enough, you can get a few good hours of really short lines -- in many cases, just walking on rides.

Disneyfreak
05-20-2004, 10:10 PM
I call it the golden hour. You can basically get on anything with no wait for an hour or two after opening.

Cloud Buster
05-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Indeed. It always amazes me how many people from out of state who've come really far to visit DLR don't get up early enough to enjoy a full day.

tink1234
05-21-2004, 06:53 AM
Indeed. It always amazes me how many people from out of state who've come really far to visit DLR don't get up early enough to enjoy a full day.

It's because all of us with 4 star struck little girls spend our morning at character breakfasts! :p I need to be smart this time and do DL during our trip and save the character breakfast for the last day on the way out of town.

jrad32
05-21-2004, 07:11 AM
Yeah that first hour or so is the best. You can pretty much get on whatever you want no wait.

We've done a couple of different routes depending on the ages of the group we were with.

1. You can hit just about all the Fantasyland dark rides.
2. Head through Adventure land and do Indy, Pirates, Mansion and Splash
3. Head to TL and do Space Mountain, Star Tours & Autotopia (obviously Space is down now)

Cloud Buster
05-21-2004, 08:41 AM
It's because all of us with 4 star struck little girls spend our morning at character breakfasts! :p I need to be smart this time and do DL during our trip and save the character breakfast for the last day on the way out of town.

Well that's a little different, the character breakfast is Disney entertainment, so it's not like you're just sleeping in. ;) But there are tens of thousands of people -- the majority of the day guests -- that don't show up until somewhere between 10:00-Noon, and you know they weren't all at a character breakfast!

Just seems such a waste to me, to travel so far to enjoy DLR, and then not get there early enough to use the full day.

Hakuna Makarla
05-22-2004, 05:26 AM
I will be there by 8:00 am or sooner . I get up every morning at 6:00 am 365 days a year, and usually at motels I get up much earlier. I will have no problem hitting the park early and getting on at least 2 good rides before the parks get flooded.I am not going all that way to sit in a motel room.

jazzjunkie
05-23-2004, 07:18 AM
Just seems such a waste to me, to travel so far to enjoy DLR, and then not get there early enough to use the full day.

Some of us enjoy getting up late on vacation.

I don't really feel the need to "see everything". ;)

Rae
05-23-2004, 01:04 PM
Thanks for all your help, we will be in Anaheim for 10 days and have a 6 day pass so I think by getting to the park earlier I won't miss anything and I plan on being at the gates waiting for them to open. Even if I have to leave my husband in bed! He believes in sleeping in on vacation, and I believe that I can sleep when I get home. Besides I have 2 kids who never sleep in so I will be up earlier without a choice.

wenderella
05-23-2004, 08:00 PM
My kids and I just got back last night from the DLR. To our surprise, during the week when DCA was to open at 10:00 a.m. the gates opened at approximately 9:30 a.m. I was prepared for the roped off Hollywood Backlot. However, when we got there...there was no rope and we headed for the Tower of Terror. We walked right on with no wait...then walked on again after that. All before the park was supposed to open at 10:00. It was FABULOUS! What a ride...we loved it every single time. We did this two days in a row. Have a great time!