PDA

View Full Version : HMH 2004 Christmas Morning Surprise Breakfast

Pages : [1] 2

bluebayou
05-20-2004, 02:08 PM
JACK'S CHRISTMAS MORNING SURPRISE Event Package
- TWO (2) nights accommodation at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® (nights of 9/29-30/04 only) *
- Breakfast at a Disneyland Resort Hotel Restaurant (maximum dollar limit and other restrictions apply)
- Late Lunch at Granville's (9/29/04) (maximum dollar limit and other restrictions apply)
- At Midnight enjoy a Christmas Morning Style Breakfast in the Haunted Mansion Holiday attraction (9/29/04)
- Entry into Disneyland® park (on 9/30/04 for event only)
- Hors d'oeuvres (9/30/04)
- Enjoy Spirited Entertainment (9/30/04)
- Ride on the Haunted Mansion Holiday attraction (9/30/04)
- Meet & Greet with Artists of the Haunted Mansion Holiday Event Merchandise (9/30/04)
- Opportunity to Pre-Purchase Limited Edition Haunted Mansion Holiday Event Merchandise
- Commemorative Gifts
Unless otherwise stated, all elements will occur or be available only on 9/29-30/04.

TICKET SALE INFORMATION:
Tickets for the JACK'S CHRISTMAS MORNING SURPRISE event package are $2275.00 per person. Limited in availability to 30 guests. No discounts will be offered in conjunction with this package.

Anyone else going??? :fez:

Nephythys
05-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Only 30 people? Won't that be snapped up instantly? :confused:

cstephens
05-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Here's a link (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/event_disneyland3417.html) to all of the packages being offered for this year's Haunted Mansion Holiday event. Interesting that they've changed dinner to hors d'oeuvres.

Kevy Baby
05-20-2004, 02:33 PM
Only 30 people? Won't that be snapped up instantly? :confused:At $2,275 per person (two thousand, two hundred seventy five dollars), it may not be *instant*, but it will go quickly.

bluebayou
05-20-2004, 02:34 PM
I don't know how instantly most people have access to $2275.00/ per person.

Ghoulish Delight
05-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Talk to me when they create an attraction and do an event for it that's Halloween Town themed, not Christmas themed.........and I'll still be too cheap to pay for it :D

cstephens
05-20-2004, 02:43 PM
I don't know how instantly most people have access to $2275.00/ per person.

It's not meant for "most people". They only need to find 30 people. And they do, year after year.

SzczerbiakManiac
05-20-2004, 03:16 PM
I've attended the HMH Event the last couple of years (I wanted to go the first year, but found about it too late :crying: ) and thoroughly enjoyed it each time (especially last year's Oogie Boogie Boo-lesque). I've always opted for the cheapest package because I'm "of limited funds".

Looking at those packages, I have some... concerns: The el-cheapo price this year has increased significantly. Wasn't it in the $50–$60 range the last two years?
The top three packages list "Spirited Entertainment" as one of the features. However, the "Zero Package" (the irony of that name is not lost on me) lists "Spirited Entertainment Moment". We get a moment of entertainment!?! :eek:
What's up with that? :confused:

bluebayou
05-20-2004, 03:27 PM
Interesting point that you brought up. I am not quite sure what a moment of entertainment is.. the most inexpensive package has always been $85.00 - tower of terror event's shopping ticket was $55. I am usually of the limited funds budget myself - I was lucky and went to the dinner the last 2 years though and was kinda sad to see dinner now become Hors d'oeuvres instead. I loved the revue last year as well and can only hope the entertainment this year is equally as spectacular. This year (cross my fingers I get thru) I will be able to go to the breakfast (thanks very much to the person who payed double for my las vegas house and allowed me the funds to not only go but to move to Orlando). It all sounds like great fun - no matter what package you choose.

cstephens
05-20-2004, 04:00 PM
Interesting point that you brought up. I am not quite sure what a moment of entertainment is.. the most inexpensive package has always been $85.00 - tower of terror event's shopping ticket was $55.

Not true. We did the lowest package the first year, and I think it was about $60. The lowest package last year (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=16149&highlight=haunted+mansion+holiday) was $69. BTW, the ToT shopping ticket was $59.

When we did the ToT shopping ticket, I think it said something about "moment of entertainment" as well, which I thought was weird. The only thing I can think of that they were referring to is that the other packages were able to have dinner and enjoy the band for quite a while. The band was still playing when we were let in, so maybe that's what they meant by "moment".

Not sure how that would work in this case. But then again, the show has been traditionally held in the Fantasyland Theatre, but with the Snow White set, I'm not sure that's going to work still. Guess we'll see.

Cadaverous Pallor
05-20-2004, 04:14 PM
Just an aside FYI - they have had dinner in the Mansion events before the HMH overlay. In 1999 they had a 30th anniversary thing that cost 2 grand a plate. The long dining table was in the changing portraits hallway. Afterwards all the guest had a behind the scenes look at the Mansion, including the ballroom. I was very jealous when I read about that. They had a report on it at Doombuggies.com but I can't find it anymore.

cstephens
05-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Just an aside FYI - they have had dinner in the Mansion events before the HMH overlay. In 1999 they had a 30th anniversary thing that cost 2 grand a plate. The long dining table was in the changing portraits hallway. Afterwards all the guest had a behind the scenes look at the Mansion, including the ballroom. I was very jealous when I read about that. They had a report on it at Doombuggies.com but I can't find it anymore.

Here's a story about dinner in the mansion from 2000 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mansion.htm) that was posted on MP.

olegc
05-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Unless they come out with wild entertainment and some VERY unique merchandise - this event is suffering a slow death. Cheapo APers, the hunt for the quick buck, whatever you want. After 3 years (and last year's dinner being a dressed down version) I can honestly say that this event has become quite formulaic.

Just pull out the agenda (like a business meeting) and let the night start, then move on...

I did notice, however, that some folks are coming in around 9:30 - that means two things
1) there will not - repeat NOT - be some keen major stage show like last year's. How can it when you have such a late start and staggered entry?
2) but on the plus side you might actually get to roam around NOS for a while until midnight, unlike last year where they shuttered everything (including Le Bat) at 10pm - so the late diners could not buy any regular park merchandise...

I'm still going - but it feels like just to keep the streak alive -and hoping for a quaint surprise or two...

Nephythys
05-21-2004, 04:49 AM
At $2,275 per person (two thousand, two hundred seventy five dollars), it may not be *instant*, but it will go quickly.

wow- in bold even, so stupid me can read the numbers. :rolleyes:

30 people will snap that up quickly, even in tight times there are enough people who have that kind of money.

I would do it if I could!

The Mouse Is Back
05-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Here's a link (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/event_disneyland3417.html) to all of the packages being offered for this year's Haunted Mansion Holiday event. Interesting that they've changed dinner to hors d'oeuvres.

When I click on that link all I get is an announcement that online reservations can be made on May 24th. Where are the other packages listed?

:confused:

-Allegra-

05-22-2004, 04:16 AM
JACK'S CHRISTMAS MORNING SURPRISE Event Package
- TWO (2) nights accommodation at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel? (nights of 9/29-30/04 only) *

Let's put that at $700 or thereabouts.

- Breakfast at a Disneyland Resort Hotel Restaurant (maximum dollar limit and other restrictions apply)

Say $25 to be generous.

- Late Lunch at Granville's (9/29/04) (maximum dollar limit and other restrictions apply)

Another $30?

- At Midnight enjoy a Christmas Morning Style Breakfast in the Haunted Mansion Holiday attraction (9/29/04)

How could this be worth more than $100?

- Entry into Disneyland? park (on 9/30/04 for event only)

$50

- Hors d'oeuvres (9/30/04)

$30 to be generous

- Ride on the Haunted Mansion Holiday attraction (9/30/04)

Price already covered by entry into Disneyland

- Meet & Greet with Artists of the Haunted Mansion Holiday Event Merchandise (9/30/04)
- Opportunity to Pre-Purchase Limited Edition Haunted Mansion Holiday Event Merchandise

This should be free but this is Disneyland. Let's put a dollar value of $100

- Commemorative Gifts
Unless otherwise stated, all elements will occur or be available only on 9/29-30/04.[/quote]

The total of my guesstimates = $1,035

The price of Jack's Christmas Morning Surprise package = $2,275

Therefore, those commemorative gifts had better be worth $1,240

If anyone wants to correct or play around with my figures, go ahead. Anyway you do the math, this package cannot possibly be worth it.

millionairegirl
05-22-2004, 07:32 AM
If anyone wants to correct or play around with my figures, go ahead. Anyway you do the math, this package cannot possibly be worth it.

The thing is there are so many Haunted Mansion and Nightmare Before Christmas fans out there willing to pay the premium to be able to dine inside the mansion, so they charge it. To me and you it's definitely not worth it, but there are plenty of people out there that will pay it. And the fact they are limiting it to only 30 people (one night only!) means they can raise the price even more.

bluebayou
05-22-2004, 08:44 AM
Quoted from above:
"- Hors d'oeuvres (9/30/04)

$30 to be generous"

I slightly disagree with this statement. The food and entertainment costs have to be factored along with all the people it takes to do the following:

1. Set up the event with enough tables for 400 people (event packages a,b, and c combined).

2. Staff the event

3. Cook and serve the food (even if it is banquet style).

4. The band and other entertainment incl costumed characters. Also factor in that some of the people needed time to rehearse - they do not simply just show up and are ready to perform.

5. Extra event people for security, etc

6. People to break down all those tables, clean up after all those guests, etc.

I would think that it would cost Disney a little more than $30.00/ head.

Also in your calculations - you state the commorative gifts better be worth around 1200... They are GIFTS - ie the are worth ZERO. A GIFT does not have a value. You are paying for the experience not the gifts. I am soo tired of hearing people state that the gift better be worth "x" amount.. the truth is they do not have to give us anything. We are paying for the experience of being able to attend the event. Pay if you want to or don't but please don't try to monetarily break down whether it is worth it for other people to go. Me personally - I will be there on Monday waiting to buy the breakfast package as a once in a lifetime gift to myself.

05-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Quoted from above:
"- Hors d'oeuvres (9/30/04)
- Enjoy Spirited Entertainment (9/30/04) <snip!>

I would think that it would cost Disney a little more than $30.00/ head.

Okay, let's say $100 a head.

Pay if you want to or don't but please don't try to monetarily break down whether it is worth it for other people to go.

I'm not making a value judgement on others. It's that the price seems so wacky. I wondered if I was on track about that and wanted to share my thought process on that. I am glad you corrected me on the hors d'oeuvre price.

Obviously, those who think the package is worth it, think the package is worth it. Those who don't, don't. I just don't get the pricing.

Me personally - I will be there on Monday waiting to buy the breakfast package as a once in a lifetime gift to myself.

You'll have a great time. Tell us all about it after?

The Mouse Is Back
05-22-2004, 04:15 PM
I guess I'm invisible today...could someone please tell me where the other packages are listed????

Thank you!

-Allegra-

AVP
05-22-2004, 04:36 PM
I guess I'm invisible today...could someone please tell me where the other packages are listed????Cstephens posted the link (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=398673&postcount=3) above. It's at the Disney Gallery Web site (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/event_disneyland3417.html).

AVP

The Mouse Is Back
05-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Thanks, AVP.

I did click on that link before (see my previous post) and all I was getting was a page about the premium event. Now it's taking me to the info page.

Hmmm. That mansion isn't the only thing that's haunted.

-Allegra-

cstephens
05-23-2004, 08:17 AM
I'm not making a value judgement on others. It's that the price seems so wacky.

Yeah, the price is wacky, but I think that's because you're trying to do an actual breakdown. That's not the way I would assume it works. The breakfast inside HMH is probably the one thing that cannot have a realistic monetary value attached to it. If you just count the food itself and the set-up, that's one thing. But it's the special nature of being served a meal inside HMH. That's "worth" way more than $100 because it's a unique opportunity.

05-23-2004, 11:15 AM
But it's the special nature of being served a meal inside HMH. That's "worth" way more than $100 because it's a unique opportunity.

The opportunity to eat in/on/around any of the rides does nothing for me.

I do want to read all about what it was like, though.

bluebayou
05-24-2004, 08:09 AM
Posted on Mouseplanet earlier today:

Disneyland sources tell us that this is the last year that the Haunted Mansion Holiday event will take this format at Disneyland, and speculate that the Nightmare Before Christmas-themed events will move to Walt Disney World in 2005. Disneyland could then host events based on the “classic” Haunted Mansion, or move onto a new attraction.

Does this make anyone who might not have considered going - actually consider it? If this is the last one - then wouldn't it be special and worth the additional money? Also - did anyone else reserve the breakfast package - I would love to know what other mousepadders I will be seeing there...