PDA

View Full Version : Temple of the Treacherous Tropical Fruit

Horace Horsecollar
10-29-2001, 02:22 PM
Has this ever happened to any one of you out there on Mouse Planet? I was walking through the exit of the Indiana Jones attraction back on Oct. 12 at 10:30 pm. (I was with two friends, one of whom is disabled, and we were entering through the exit.) I was just trucking along when squish--I slipped on a banana. (Yes, an actual banana.) The result was a sprained left knee (which is much better now, thank you). If only this had happened in Toontown, the joke would've been complete.

Well, it's funny when it happens to Goofy.

Bananas. Why did it have to be bananas?

Any other strange, fruit-related incidents to report out there?

Matterhorn Fan
10-29-2001, 03:30 PM
What did the passing Jungle Cruise skipper say about this "incident"?

Ralph Wiggum
10-29-2001, 03:33 PM
Wow....sorry to hear about hte knee. Did you get free stuff from Disney. I know alot of people who milk it when they get hurt at the park. I have heard rumors of free day passes given out among other things. I dont really think this is appropriate to ask for but if they give it to you then its cool.

Horace Horsecollar
10-29-2001, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the words of sympathy, Ralph. No, I didn't make a federal case out of my own clumsiness or another guest's carelessness. The Indiana Jones exit corridor was immaculate, as I recall, save for the banana, which I suspect had recently fallen out of somebody's backpack or stroller.

Be careful, folks--toon-related accidents can happen to you!

Some friends of mine did get some free passes out of Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, thanks to a cut toe and a torn-out toenail. The difference here was that this accident was caused by a careless BG cast member kicking open a bathroom door, and the victim was a small boy.