PDA

View Full Version : MMM (Minnie's Moonlit Madness) - How'd you do?

Pages : [1] 2 3

AVP
05-20-2004, 11:22 AM
I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about this yet!

The results of Tuesday night's Minnie's Moonlit Madness game, (the cast member event that inspired our own MouseAdventure), have been posted. I *know* there were a lot of Padders there. C'mon, fess up, how did you do?

The winning team was from Walt Disney Imagineering, and they got an almost-perfect score. (1501/1550)

My team came in 54th, out of 350+ teams. I know where two of the other teams with Padders came in, but I'll let them do their own bragging.

After so many years of working on MouseAdventures, MMM is the one chance I get to actually PLAY the game, and it's a whole 'nother story on that side of the table!

Favortite team costume: the group that was dressed in the Mission: Space Mickey costumes.

Favorite question: The one that started with counting the number of Starspeeders on the Star Tours mural. (OK, it was only my favorite because we read the entire thing first, figured out the "trick" in the question, and finished it in under 5 minutes.)

Least favorite: That bloomin' NOS "kidnapping" puzzle. I SWEAR there was a typo in that question - did anyone figure out what you were supposed to do with the "checkpoint" address?

Dirtiest trick: The typecasting puzzle. OH, that was evil. :~D

Your turn!

innerSpaceman
05-20-2004, 11:33 AM
The typecasting puzzle was sooooo completely evil that I thought Kevin Yee had risen from the grave.

Also, it turns out that there was an error in the materials for the Haunted Mansion crypt-descrambler that was corrected later in the game (shades of MouseAdventures past) ... too late for us, as it was our first quest.

So that's two that were impossible to solve (even though the bright CM on our team knew where to find a typewriter on display, the keys were not visible). Then there were two so easy that we never had to leave the Hub. And the rest ... were the fun stuff involving actual attractions (we got to crawl all over the carousel - - can't do that at MA) or performance-art by CMs. So, if I am ever lucky enough to be invited to participate again, I would like my strategy to be 'forget winning, let's just go for the really fun quests.' I regret the time "wasted" on trying to solve the difficult ones, when there were some quests we never got to that might have involved Pirates or Magic Tricks or Poetry Readings.

That's my only minor complaint. The whole event was fantastic. Understandably more elaborate than MouseAdventure. It was so much fun to be in the Park after hours, with just CMs and their friends - all going around roped together in bands of four. Specialized soundtrack, Disneyland practically empty, lots of costumed CMs all wacky and carefree assisting with the game, and everyone in a sillified, fun mood.

How did we do? Probably not so good, even though our team was stacked with MouseAdventure champions. How do we find our score?

Oh, and I gotta say that the MouseAdventure prize ceremony is much more fun, and I don't think that's just because it doesn't take place at one in the morning.

Ponine
05-20-2004, 11:43 AM
Results??? Where are these results???

I'm bummed as I never got the opportunity to get any mercahndise. But aside from that...

I LIKED the typecasting puzzle! Once you got the home row, it was great. YOu solved one, filled the rest in.
My team enjoyed the poetry readings immensly. That was cool.

My favorite:
Question: The Singing Busts at HM. Even if it was cause I figured it out.

Least Favorite Question: The String in the paper thing...

Favorite Moments: Trying to figure out how to sit on a bench as a team.
The look on Stitchers face as he read the poems.

Dirtiest Trick?: Wasnt a trick... but.. the BACK of the castle...

AVP
05-20-2004, 11:51 AM
How did we do? Probably not so good, even though our team was stacked with MouseAdventure champions. How do we find our score?You'll need to have your Cast Member look at the list posted at the Team Center, or login to the Cast Member Portal.

ETA: You didn't miss anything with the Magic quest. First you stood in one long line to "learn" the trick. Then you stood in another long line to perform your trick for the Sorcerer. We lost SO much time waiting in line for that one.

AVP

Cadaverous Pallor
05-20-2004, 11:55 AM
The typecasting puzzle was sooooo completely evil that I thought Kevin Yee had risen from the grave.
<snip>
So that's two that were impossible to solve (even though the bright CM on our team knew where to find a typewriter on display, the keys were not visible). :rolleyes: Puh-leeze. We sat on a bench and solved it. It took a while, and we made a bunch of errors, but my three teammates did most of the solving (being tethered on the end meant it was hard for me to see the puzzle and participate in that part) and I came up with Shere Khan being the odd out because he doesn't wear clothes.

So, if I am ever lucky enough to be invited to participate again, I would like my strategy to be 'forget winning, let's just go for the really fun quests.' I regret the time "wasted" on trying to solve the difficult ones, when there were some quests we never got to that might have involved Pirates or Magic Tricks or Poetry Readings.Heh....we spent lots of time on the typewriter one but STILL got to see all of our quests. Have we fully dethroned you yet? :~D

I really enjoyed the craziness of the the "interactive" quests. Too bad it's impossible for MA to pull that stuff off. CMs in Pirates' outfits messing with us, the Alice poetry reading....so great. :D

I was surprised at the lack of costumes/matching shirts. I noticed 5 groups in costume TOTAL.

Understandably more elaborate than MouseAdventure. It was so much fun to be in the Park after hours, with just CMs and their friends - all going around roped together in bands of four. Specialized soundtrack, Disneyland practically empty, lots of costumed CMs all wacky and carefree assisting with the game, and everyone in a sillified, fun mood.I totally agree with the above and couldn't say it better! Add on the fact that we didn't break a sweat and didn't have to fight crowds.

But yeah, MA prize ceremony is much better, and the prizes are better too! Dinner at PCH Grill at the Paradise Pier Hotel for first place??? How lame is that? Not even Napa Rose or Blue Bayou?

Our CM teammate has been AWOL on the boards lately...AVP, if you would be so kind, please let us know how we did. We know we flubbed two quests. We quit the paper-wrapped-in-string one, which was EEEEEVILL. We got the number of turrets on the castle wrong (didn't check the back! Doh!). But other than that, we're pretty confident we got the rest right.

As for the trivia.....well, we usually don't do trivia. :| ;)

We had a blast and feel very lucky to have been involved. We've never played with anyone else on our team before, and our teammates rocked! :)

Not Afraid
05-20-2004, 12:07 PM
Both CM Teammates are AWOL on the board. I'm going to have to play Mom and get the results from the AWOL brothers.

AVP...any clues?

AVP
05-20-2004, 12:18 PM
AVP...any clues?You'd need to PM me with the full name of the CM who registered your team, and I can get the results later today.

The type-casting one was only easy *if* you had been trained to type, or knew the layout of a keyboard. For all of the time that I spend typing, I'm completely self-taught. I couldn't get past "qwerty" and "asdf" on the mock-keyboard we drew. Fortunately, we knew where to find a keyboard - not a typewriter - and we got the diagram down pretty quickly.

We got and completed all of our quests. We think we only missed 4 of the trivia, and we know we got the bonus question right.

Do you guys really enjoy the interactive quests? We can try to work more of those in. I actually have a great idea for one, but we can't do it for a few years.

AVP

Ghoulish Delight
05-20-2004, 12:48 PM
The type-casting one was only easy *if* you had been trained to type, or knew the layout of a keyboard. For all of the time that I spend typing, I'm completely self-taught. I couldn't get past "qwerty" and "asdf" on the mock-keyboard we drew. Fortunately, we knew where to find a keyboard - not a typewriter - and we got the diagram down pretty quickly. Ironically, CP and had just had a conversation the night before where I mentioned that despite the ammount of time I spend typing, and despite the fact that I can touch-type at 70+ wpm, I could not recite the keyboard, nor could I tell you which finger I use to hit which key beyond the home row! Crazy. Anyway, we got home row (asdfghjkl) and worked from there.

I LOVED all the performance quests. So creative, and so talented.

I was really impressed with how quickly they scored the event. I believe there were about 500 teams, and they had it scored in under an hour.

AVP
05-20-2004, 12:49 PM
I was really impressed with how quickly they scored the event. I believe there were about 500 teams, and they had it scored in under an hour.Barcode scanners - we've been toying with the idea.

AVP

Ghoulish Delight
05-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Barcode scanners - we've been toying with the idea.

AVPAh! Brilliant.

Polar33
05-20-2004, 01:51 PM
Results are available now on the Cast Portal, but it's a bit hidden. Those with access can find it under the "Disney Difference" tab and click the "2004 M3 Team Rankings" link. You can search with either the team number or the CM's name.

A group of my co-workers made 16th place...down from last years 4th place. No wonder I haven't heard them do any gloating yet. That's what they get for not letting me join their team. :D

Ponine
05-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Fortunately, we knew where to find a keyboard - not a typewriter - and we got the diagram down pretty quickly.
Omg... I never even thought of that! Man!

Puh-leeze. We sat on a bench and solved it. It took a while, and we made a bunch of errors, but my three teammates did most of the solving (being tethered on the end meant it was hard for me to see the puzzle and participate in that part) and I came up with Shere Khan being the odd out because he doesn't wear clothes.
The story of the night for me too... I was glad to be involved in that quest, sorry you got left out. Thank god you came up with that answer... I hadnt found it yet. Mouseketeers was my inspiration for the night.
That one in tomorrow land.. I was soo lost.. we had a quest, then we were done... I never even knew what it was... :p
And the tomb one... no idea... never saw that either. But, I was assuming you were the expert. (and I wasnt about to risk my precarious ankle hopping that rail)

I did however see a few more matching teams... I know I saw two teams with shirts off that Disney Ink site.

Ponine
05-20-2004, 01:58 PM
oh... and AVP, why is the binder scary?

Ghoulish Delight
05-20-2004, 02:30 PM
That one in tomorrow land.. I was soo lost.. we had a quest, then we were done... I never even knew what it was... :p Oh, that was a good one. Because it ended up not even being IN tomorrowland. We got a list that started with, "count the number of such and such on the Star Tours mural, add it to the number of whatever on something else in Tomorrowland, multiply it by the number of toes the yeti has..., etc." It continued, and mentioned things all around the park. Fortunately , we read the entire thing first! The 4th from the bottom was, "Multiply by the number of nuclear generators in Frontier land (no tricks, there are zero)." LOL!!! Brilliant. That, of course, made it zero, so we just ahd to do the last three, which were in Fantasyland (number of carousel horses, number of teacups, and number of carrots in front of the Mad Hatter, all of which we knew without seeing, but double checked anyway).

Cadaverous Pallor
05-20-2004, 02:34 PM
The story of the night for me too... I was glad to be involved in that quest, sorry you got left out. Heh, I'm used to it. GD is the puzzle master in this duo, and many times during MA he simply does puzzles on his own. I take the time to brush up on Eye Spys and other side quests. I knew that 4 cooks would have spoiled that pot.

Mouseketeers was my inspiration for the night. Totally! I was very glad you thought of it. So who was the Mouseketeer on Facts of Life, anyway?

That one in tomorrow land.. I was soo lost.. we had a quest, then we were done... I never even knew what it was... :p In case you were wondering, it was one of those "count this and add the number to something else" etc quests. We were making our way to the first destination, which was Tomorrowland, when we realized that one of the questions in the quest was "multiply your answer by the number of nuclear power plants in Frontierland. No, this is not a trick question, there aren't any." So we could skip most of it and go from there! I love that. It reminded me of figuring out the trick of the TSI quest in the last MA.

And the tomb one... no idea... never saw that either. But, I was assuming you were the expert. (and I wasnt about to risk my precarious ankle hopping that rail)I am glad we got close enough to see all the stones. I felt like a Mansion-fan-failure when I realized I didn't know ANY of the tombstones offhand. :( Simply being able to stand on a rail and look over others' heads did enough to vindicate me, though. :D

Do you guys really enjoy the interactive quests? We can try to work more of those in. I actually have a great idea for one, but we can't do it for a few years. :confused: Now I really am curious. A few years, eh...

The only interactive quests you guys usually do are the "find a staff member, answer questions" quests, which are side quests, and take away points if you get them wrong. We don't do these as a rule, due to our reliance on speed and our tactic of not gambling with hard won points, especially on anything having to do with trivia. I'd love it if these were more inventive, were part of the normal quests, and weren't so risky.

AVP
05-20-2004, 02:40 PM
Fortunately , we read the entire thing first! The 4th from the bottom was, "Multiply by the number of nuclear generators in Frontier land (no tricks, there are zero)." LOL!!! Brilliant. That's the one. One of our members was reading it all the way through as the rest of us were heading to Tomorrowland. She got to the "multiply by 0" part just as we had finished counting the starspeeders, so we just turned around and headed to Fantasyland. (We knew all of the numbers, but something about "teacups you can sit in" made us worry that they might have done something to one of the 18 teacups to change the final count)

AVP

Ghoulish Delight
05-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Totally! I was very glad you thought of it. So who was the Mouseketeer on Facts of Life, anyway?Checking IMDB, it was indeed "Blair" (Lisa Whelchel) as Ponine and I hypothesized.

Ghoulish Delight
05-20-2004, 02:44 PM
(We knew all of the numbers, but something about "teacups you can sit in" made us worry that they might have done something to one of the 18 teacups to change the final count)
AVPThat was so you wouldn't count the theming pieces on the control booth.

AVP
05-20-2004, 02:46 PM
That was so you wouldn't count the theming pieces on the control booth.We figured, but I had visions of covered Lady Bug Boogie vehicles in my head and didn't want to lose the quest because we didn't check it out.

AVP

Ghoulish Delight
05-20-2004, 02:54 PM
We figured, but I had visions of covered Lady Bug Boogie vehicles in my head and didn't want to lose the quest because we didn't check it out.

AVPYeah. That's like the other Fantasyland quest where we were given a maze with 5 characters (tink, pinnochio, Malificent, and two others I can't remember). We had to figure out which character could "ecape the castle" (get out of the maze). Then it said that this character was part of a currently operating Fantasyland attraction, and that they could be seen that night in the park. Well, Malificent was the only one that could get out of the maze. But the castle walk through is closed!!?? It couldn't possibly be her, the attraction is not currently operating! We went over and over and over that stupid maze. Until finally CP realized...she's on the Carousel! Tricky bastards.

Niwel
05-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Checking IMDB, it was indeed "Blair" (Lisa Whelchel) as Ponine and I hypothesized.

If you opted to do trivia at the last MA -- this came up as one of the questions. There was a second Facts of Lifer on the New Mickey Mouse Club,
Julie Piekarski who played Sue Ann, but she was only on the first season (before they dramatically cut the cast). - FYI in case it ever comes up again ;)

Ponine
05-20-2004, 03:11 PM
True enough... I had forgotten. All I think any of our group knew at the time was that it was a theme song... it was after we knew the answer we all thought... "Huh, so why'd they sing THAT?"

Not Afraid
05-20-2004, 03:46 PM
HEY! We were costumed. We were wearing matching black (with the exception of my glow-white legs sticking out of my capris. :)

Ponine
05-20-2004, 03:53 PM
HEY! We were costumed. We were wearing matching black (with the exception of my glow-white legs sticking out of my capris. :)
She's right... they were all wearing black. Though I wondered if it was they'd be invisible in the dark. I thought it was coincidence at first, then team member #4 showed up............... Coincidence no more.

AVP
05-20-2004, 05:08 PM
My team enjoyed the poetry readings immensly. That was cool. We didn't get that one. What was it?

AVP