PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney Restraunts

TinkLover
05-19-2004, 08:04 PM
Hi...I am only 17, and me and my sister will be going to DLR June 16-22, I have been to DTD before, but I only went to some shops, and Rainforest Cafe. I was woundering if there is a certian age you have to be to go to The House Of Blues, and Jazz Kitchen, and all that fun stuff. Also, what are some good, but not to spendy restraunts in DTD?
Thanks, Michelle! :p

Dlandmom
05-20-2004, 07:12 AM
TinkLover, I am not aware of any age limits for eating in any of the DTD restaurants. However, I believe there is an age limit of 16 or 18 to go to the performance section of House of Blues.

I don't know how much is too "spendy" for you, but Rainforest Cafe or Naples (pizza) ares probably the least expensive sit down restaurants in DTD. Catal is probably the most expensive. (cstephens, help me out here oh mage of restaurants!)

jrad32
05-20-2004, 08:15 AM
If looking for good food at a resonable price I would pass on Downtown Disney if at all possible.

aztectodd
05-20-2004, 08:23 AM
I agree...downtown disney's prices are pretty high, and in my opinion the food is mediocre at best. I've been to Rainforest Cafe, ESPNZone, and the Jazz Kitchen and all 3 experiences were underwhelming. None of them were BAD, but not GREAT either.

SCUBAbe
05-20-2004, 08:34 AM
I've been to Rain Forest cafe and Naples (?)...both were just average. I usually just get soemthing in the parks or the white water place. On occasion we have gone to the restuarants across the street.

I don't even like the shops at DTD. The only one we go in all the times is the world of disney. I do want to try the bakery one day though. :)

cstephens
05-20-2004, 09:06 AM
I don't know how much is too "spendy" for you, but Rainforest Cafe or Naples (pizza) ares probably the least expensive sit down restaurants in DTD. Catal is probably the most expensive. (cstephens, help me out here oh mage of restaurants!)

Actually, I'd disagree. It really depends on what you order, and whether you order just an entree or include an appetizer and/or dessert. Some of the entrees can be fairly expensive at Rainforest. Can't speak for Naples or ESPN Zone as I haven't been there yet. I didn't care too much for House of Blues the one time I've eaten there, and Jazz Kitchen can be fairly expensive as well. Catal downstairs is also less expensive than Catal upstairs. There's also Tortilla Jo's now, with the Cantina prices seeming not too bad and the taqueria prices even better.

TinkLover - Since everyone may have a different idea of what "spendy" means, what's a good estimate of what each of you want to spend on a meal?

Dlandmom
05-20-2004, 09:33 AM
See, I told you cstephens would have exactly the info you need.... ;) :D

Mezo
05-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Actually ESPN isn't that bad, food or price wise. As long as you don't buy alcohol, it is fairly resonable. It's all about the nachos and a 28 different feeds of sports broadcasts. I love that place. :D

Mezo

CarlieB
05-20-2004, 01:14 PM
I'm a big fan of the Uva Bar. The food is fairly reasonably priced for DTD, and it's yummy. Good atmosphere too. Does anyone know if you'd be able to eat there if you're under 21 though?

cstephens
05-20-2004, 02:34 PM
Does anyone know if you'd be able to eat there if you're under 21 though?

Yep, both inside and outside.