PDA

View Full Version : Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Pages : [1] 2

Pat-n-Eil
05-19-2004, 07:32 PM
I've only seen a couple of snipets about Rockin' Rollercoaster.

Here's what I know about it:
It's based on Aerosmith
It has an inversion
It's an indoor coaster.
The trains look like limos or big cars.

The idea has been floated here that DCA could get a Rockin' Rollercoaster, but perhaps themed of another band. It would fit very well in DCA.. We'd have Screamin', Soarin' & Rockin'

Could anyone describe more about this coaster in Florida (Queue theming, ride theming, etc.). Also, which California bands would be a good choice?

My top two choices:
Van Halen
The Eagles

zapppop
05-19-2004, 07:42 PM
I would choose No Doubt or Blink 182.

Shinku
05-19-2004, 07:47 PM
^good point zap, it'd probably work well with Southern California-based bands seeing as how it'd be in California Adventure. Though, for the record, Aerosmith rocks enough to work on both coasts :D

CoasterMatt
05-19-2004, 07:51 PM
I bristle at the thought of Rock'n'Rollercoaster starring anybody but Aerosmith...

Although, in Holland, the ride is themed to Superman and is outdoors with no audio.

The queue for the ride is G-Force Records, where Aerosmith is laying down tracks for a new album. You walk past musical instruments and recording equipment, before heading into the pre-show area. The preshow has video of Aerosmith in the studio, and then they realize that you're there. Their "manager" busts in yelling "What are you guys still doing here?" and starts to get them to leave for their concert. Steven and Joe say "What about them?" So their manager calls for a stretch... make that SUPER stretch limo, and says it's waiting in the alley. You leave the room, into a darkened alley, and you can see the trains (themed to stretch limos) pull into the load station (there's a seperate unload area). There are actually three inversions in the ride, but there are painted flats for scenery (including some recognizable Hollywood landmarks). The onride sound system absolutely rocks, you can't hear the coaster at all. When you pull into the unload station, you're at the concert, and you walk into the onride photo booth, and Aerosmith is up on a huge video screen taking their bows.

If you want a more technical description of the ride, just let me know... :D

Not Afraid
05-19-2004, 07:51 PM
I've only seen a couple of snipets about Rockin' Rollercoaster.

Here's what I know about it:
It's based on Aerosmith
It has an inversion
It's an indoor coaster.
The trains look like limos or big cars.

I've only been on DLP's RR but it has 2 inversions. The rest is correct.

Aerosmith works so well with the "style" of the attraction. You need a hard rocking band to kick this coaster into high gear. Aerosmith is pererfect for job. For me, the Eagles would be a bit too laid back and would take some of the spice out of the ride.

So, who else could do it? Stones, Guns n' Roses, Chili Peppers, No Doubt (maybe), The Who, Kiss......I made it through withouy getting the Dead Kennedys in there.;)

So their manager calls for a stretch... make that SUPER stretch limo, and says it's waiting in the alley.
Perfect. Super Star Limo OUT, Super Stretch Limo IN. :fez:

zapppop
05-19-2004, 07:54 PM
^good point zap, it'd probably work well with Southern California-based bands seeing as how it'd be in California Adventure. Though, for the record, Aerosmith rocks enough to work on both coasts :D

Oh I enjoyed the Aerosmith version very much as well, but I believe that using a different band (from California) w/ a different track layout would make the overall attraction more interesting.

dlazechk
05-19-2004, 08:09 PM
the ride was very well represented. i know that we are going to wdw this year instead of dlr strictly because of rock n roller coaster. it is better than space with the music and is the one reason we would consider retiring to florida instead of anaheim. if rnr was in dlr we would never have to go to wdw again.

awinner
05-19-2004, 09:50 PM
does anyone have a video of the ride online w/ some audio?

Sean Menefee
05-19-2004, 11:03 PM
Random Stuff-
# TRACK LENGTH: 3,403 feet
# TOP SPEED: 60 Miles Per Hour
# MAX. G FORCE: 5
# INVERSIONS: 3
# RIDE DURATION: 1 minute, 22 seconds
# CARS: Each "Limotrain" accommodates 24 passengers.
# SPEAKERS PER TRAIN: 120
# MANUFACTURER: Vekoma, Vlodrop, The Netherlands

You can also find a detailed ride review below:

Thrillride.com Review (http://thrillride.com/rnrollercoaster/rnrcoaster.html)

Sean-

stan4d_steph
05-20-2004, 04:57 AM
CoasterMatt, what songs are on the ride loop? I know the 2 times I rode on my most recent trip there were 2 different Aerosmith songs playing. That ride gives ToT a run for its money in the thrill department. Love it!

Moonliner
05-20-2004, 05:04 AM
I've only been on the Florida Rockin' Rollercoaster twice, but....

Is it just me or as you go upside down in the loop(s), are some of the street signs hung upside down also? It felt like I was inverted but looking at signs that appeared right side up. Very disorientating. Double Plus Good! :D

CoasterMatt
05-20-2004, 05:11 AM
The ride soundtracks are as follows

Limo 1- Nine Lives (1QKLIMO)
Limo 2- Sweet Emotion (UGOGIRL)
Limo 3- Back In The Saddle & Dude Looks Like A Lady (BUHBYE)
Limo 4- Love in an Elevator & Walk This Way (2FAST4U)
Limo 5- Young Lust, F.I.N.E. & Love In A Roller Coaster (H8TRFFC)

There is also a reserve audio track (for problems) - What Kind of Ride Are You On? (the song What Kind of Love Are You On with custom lyrics)

stan4d_steph
05-20-2004, 05:15 AM
Very cool, thanks! So it looks like I was in UGOGIRL and BUHBYE. I never paid attention to the custom "plates" before. I'll make sure to do it next time. :)

cemeinke
05-20-2004, 06:22 AM
The ride soundtracks are as follows

Oh master of all things both Coaster and Aerosmith - Do you know if the songs the same in Paris?

blondiemouse
05-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Been on it 4 times in Paris the tunes I heard were Limo's 1,2,3 as described elsewhere so is maybe the same.It's Anaheim this one-got to be No Doubt !!!!! :D

LSPoorEeyorick
05-20-2004, 07:38 AM
You can see my house from the coaster. Not literally, but it goes right by the "convergence" of the 134 and the 5, and I always make a point of poking the niece or nephew I'm riding with and saying "I live right here!"

I vote California-band, whether that be Eagles or No Doubt or Beach Boys or whatever.

cryan71
05-20-2004, 07:39 AM
I vote for having the DCA version play Air Supply. That would rock!!!

Not Afraid
05-20-2004, 07:44 AM
Oh master of all things both Coaster and Aerosmith - Do you know if the songs the same in Paris?
I *think* I remember Limo 3 and Limo 4, but Sweet Emotion sounds familiar too.:rolleyes: How many times did we ride in Paris?

aztectodd
05-20-2004, 08:26 AM
I would love to see it in DCA with either No Doubt, Blink, or another California band doing the music. It has to be upbeat rock and it needs to be someone/something new enough for the younger generation. For that reason, The Eagles would not be a good choice. I wouldn't mind Areosmith staying as the band...they're fun, good, and play the right type of music to theme the ride.

Pat-n-Eil
05-20-2004, 09:36 AM
Just so you know - and nobody seems to have commented on it - but Van Halen is a California band.. a Southern California band to boot!

I don't think No Doubt has the track record (yet) to inspire a whole attraction based on them. Yeah, Gwen & Co. are hot right now, but Van Halen's been doing it for over 25 years now and they have a long, long list of songs to choose from. And they do ROCK!

Other hard driving California bands?

Journey (San Fran)
Santana (Bay Area)
Tesla (Sacramento - j/k but I'm a homer)
The Doors (L.A.)

-------------------
Not so hard driving - but certainly a track record..

Credence Clearwater Revival (Bay Area)
The Beach Boys (L.A.)

carry on..

oohykitten
05-20-2004, 10:05 AM
if rnr was in dlr we would never have to go to wdw That is how I feel. I think No Doubt would be the best choice, and I am sure they would do it too. Perhaps they could play Tragic Kingdom ;)

disNeytEen
05-20-2004, 10:13 AM
I think the Beach Boys who wouldn't want to listen to some beach boy classics driving down the streets of Cali

Not Afraid
05-20-2004, 10:43 AM
I think the Beach Boys who wouldn't want to listen to some beach boy classics driving down the streets of Cali

ME.

I burned out on the BB long ago..........Summer of 1974 to be exact.

I love RR too much to have the BB intrude. The attraction needs a HARD ROCKING band. It needs SPEED not crusing.

Van Halen would work too, but I really don't see why it has to be a California band. Aren't we trying to get away from the California theme?

But, if I had to choose MY California band, I would choose X. They make me speed when driving. I think it would be appropriate.:~D

aztectodd
05-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Who says we're trying to get away from the California theme. I think the theme is ok, they just need to put in things that will attract us. I just dont see a group like Van Halen being a part of this due to them being outdated. You need something that will live for at least 10-15 years. Kids who are 10 right now wont know Van Halen from Van Helsing in 10-15 years. No Doubt at least has a chance to be around for 10 more years....either that or keep it as Aerosmith.

cryan71
05-20-2004, 11:38 AM
How about Yanni?