PDA

View Full Version : When are fireworks and parade starting again every night?

disneydenisel
05-19-2004, 12:14 PM
We're considering another trip to Disneyland (we were just there in March), but I want to catch the Electrical Parade at CA and the fireworks at Disneyland. Does anyone know when these start up again on a regular basis? Is it June, or mid-June, and when do they stop, September? We are flexible when we go. Thanks for your help!

Darkbeer
05-19-2004, 03:37 PM
The Believe Fireworks! starts its nightly run on Friday June 11th, along with 2 showings of Fantasmic! nightly (dark on June 16th and 17th due to grad nite).

The DEP and 9 PM closings for DCA start Friday, June 18th. (Also, this is when the Cove Bar starts opening 7 days a week for the summer).

The normal ending is one week before Labor Day, so that would be Sunday, August 29th.

disneydenisel
05-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Darkbeer, thanks for your help! Do you think that the crowds are huge from June 11 on, and that it would be better to go before then, like June 3-6, and catch the fireworks and Electrical Parade on the weekend?

Cloud Buster
05-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Darkbeer, thanks for your help! Do you think that the crowds are huge from June 11 on, and that it would be better to go before then, like June 3-6, and catch the fireworks and Electrical Parade on the weekend?

Crowds are expected to reach their summer size by June 1.

Darkbeer
05-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Crowds are expected to reach their summer size by June 1.
Actually, based on what Disney is doing with the scheduling, Tuesday thru Thursday, June 1st thru 3rd should be slow, as the normal off-season weekday hours are being offered, with no special night entertainment...

Disney schedules based on history, and expected crowds, based on that, they expect to start to see heavier crowds the week of June 7th, keeping Disneyland open until 10 PM (9 Pm on Grad Nites), but still no extra entertainemnt...

The week of June 14th starts the nightly entertainment at Disneyland, though DCA only stays open to 7 PM.

The full summer hours start the week of June 21st, with DCA staying open until 9 PM.

So, based on Disney's actions, the month of June will get busier as the month progresses. So, yes, Memorial Day weekend will keep the park busy all 3 days, but the rest of the week should be fairly quiet.....

Cloud Buster
05-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Actually, based on what Disney is doing with the scheduling, Tuesday thru Thursday, June 1st thru 3rd should be slow, as the normal off-season weekday hours are being offered, with no special night entertainment...

I don't want to say much, but I can say for certain that at least the entertainment (parades & shows) division of DLR is gearing up for the big crowds starting on June 1. I'm not saying anything about the schedule of shows, but what is expected in crowds. (Don't ask me why, I'm just repeating information.)

kkmickey
05-20-2004, 03:02 PM
The Believe Fireworks! starts its nightly run on Friday June 11th, along with 2 showings of Fantasmic! nightly.

Whoo hoo! My birthday is June 11, and I have tickets for Fantasmic! on the balcony for the first show :D