PDA

View Full Version : When should we go?

fccabs
05-19-2004, 03:34 AM
My fiancee and I are planning to honeymoon at Disneyland next year. We would like to go when the park opens late as it sounds beautiful at night, but don't want to pick the busiest season. Can you a suggest the best time to go?

Alpha1mom
05-19-2004, 07:20 AM
I think December is the best time to go! All the Xmas decorations are up, Christmas parade is great! It even snows on Main Street after the fireworks. The Haunted Mansion is decorated for "Nightmare before Xmas" I like this so much better.
It does close at 8:00pm (I think) but well worth the holiday season!

sediment
05-19-2004, 07:28 AM
During Christmas, it will close late on weekends. Besides, it gets dark early enough.

CarlieB
05-19-2004, 02:00 PM
I agree with going during the Holidays. Even mid-November last year it was very Christmas-y and the hours were good. I imagine December would be even better:)

seattlemom
05-19-2004, 02:33 PM
We've always liked November best. Early December seems to have early closing times during the week.

uvsc_wolverine
05-19-2004, 11:02 PM
My family went once the week of Thanksgiving. We were there on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday the week of Turkey Day, and we were pleasantly surprised at how lite the crowd was. Most rides were either walk-ons or 15-30 minute waits (and usually the wait was shorter than the time on the sign, except for Indiana Jones with all that walking...or in my case, running :D )

sjcivilady
05-20-2004, 12:13 PM
We went for five days just before Christmas Day (2003) - was fine Thursday, then the rest of the days were awful! Will never go when traditional school is on vacation again! Thank goodness for DCA or my trip I had been looking forward to for months would have been ruined. I understand the weekends last December were miserable also (a co-worker actually cut his trip short a couple days because of the crowds) - so be sure to plan for some weekdays, even though the park closes early.

Cadaverous Pallor
05-20-2004, 02:30 PM
I can never understand how people can go to one of the top family vacation destinations in the U.S. during a standard children's school holiday period and not expect phenomenal crowds. :confused: