PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going in October!

uvsc_wolverine
05-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Me and two friends are heading to DL (I refuse to call it a "resort") October 26-30, and I was wondering what the crowds will be like. This will also be a first trip for one of my friends, a second trip for the other, and I think that I'm somewhere in the teens on how many times I've been. We've been wanting to do this for a really long time and we can finally afford it! Can you tell that I'm excited? It's been more than five years since I've been, and I've had to spend all that time living vicariously through the people on MousePlanet and MiceAge. Is it October yet? NO!? Why is it taking so long?!?!?!?!?!?!

Tinker Bell
05-19-2004, 07:20 AM
I have been to DL the past two years the week of Halloween and the day are not crowded Halloween day seemed busier then any other.But I feel with the 50 coming up most people are going to wait and come then.So I think the next year will be slower then most.

CarlieB
05-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Is it October yet? NO!? Why is it taking so long?!?!?!?!?!?!

We're going in December this year, and I feel like that too:D

The waiting is always the hardest part...

odnamraortsac
05-19-2004, 04:13 PM
"The waiting is always the hardest part". Didn't Tom Petty once say something like that?

Cloud Buster
05-19-2004, 10:00 PM
That time of year isn't too bad. A few weeks later and you'd be in crowd soup.

I hope you and your freinds have a great time.

uvsc_wolverine
05-19-2004, 10:47 PM
That time of year isn't too bad. A few weeks later and you'd be in crowd soup.

I hope you and your freinds have a great time.

Yeah, the timing works out really well since we live in Provo, UT and the 27-29 of October is the Utah Education Association (UEA) break. I think it's designed to give the teachers a break, but all I know is that my college isn't having classes, so I'm not sticking around. :D

mad4mky
05-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Yeah, the timing works out really well since we live in Provo, UT and the 27-29 of October is the Utah Education Association (UEA) break. I think it's designed to give the teachers a break, but all I know is that my college isn't having classes, so I'm not sticking around. :D

Didn't that week use to be the end of September for the Utah teachers???

I do know that during this week off for the Utah teachers, (at least when it use to be the end week of September) a un-ordinarly higher population of Utah residents visited the park (I was going to say LDS population...but I do know that there are plenty of non-LDS in Utah as well). It seemed that since the state schools were closed...every Utah family who could afford it was out at DLR that week.
In fact, several families I know from there went to DLR.

But...in my experience...those days of DLR...are wonderfully uncrowded. Nice warm days...light crowds. :)

Klutch
05-20-2004, 04:38 PM
I visited DL in the second half of October, 2002. There were in fact many Utah educators there. The crowds were still pretty light during the week days (Except for Peter Pan. That ride was ALWAYS crowded!).

Be sure to arrive before the parks open to get the best "magical" experience and avoid the vast majority of crowds and long lines.