PDA

View Full Version : How crowded is Memorial Day weekend?

Ace
05-18-2004, 08:52 PM
I know it's pretty crowded, but HOW crowded, roughly? This is re: Sunday the 30th. Also, if anyone can explain to me how being signed in by a CM works I'd love to know. THANKS!

Disneyfreak
05-18-2004, 08:54 PM
I dont think it will be crowded due to the fact that there isnt a twofer which is sad because thats what our park survives on, twofers and AP's. :crying:

PunjabiMouse
05-19-2004, 07:16 PM
What is a twofer???????????

Cloud Buster
05-19-2004, 09:44 PM
What is a twofer???????????

Ability to visit DL and DCA for the price of one ticket. However, you cannot visit both parks on the same day. Twofers are promotional tickets, and while they might be available Memorial day, they will most likely not be available from June 1 - about August 28

EDIT: I stand corrected. They stopped being available on April 29

Cloud Buster
05-19-2004, 09:50 PM
I know it's pretty crowded, but HOW crowded, roughly? This is re: Sunday the 30th. Also, if anyone can explain to me how being signed in by a CM works I'd love to know. THANKS!

Very, very crowded. On the order of 75-95% of the busiest it will ever get in a year.

You can no longer be "signed in" by CMs, but certian CMs do have comps available to them. It's often referred to as a "sign in" but it works differently than it used to. This is only available to CMs that have status (CR or higher) and have had said stats for at least 90 days. They will have a small book of "admissions" that contains 16 boxes. That is all the comps that CM gets in a year.

You must walk to the front gate with the CM. The CM must present their ID, and their admissions booklet to the main gate agent. The CM must have enough comps available for everyone in your party PLUS ONE. Regardless of whether or not the CM is going to accompany you into the park, the must use one of the comps for themself in addition to the other comps. (This makes little sense, since all CMs have unlimited self-admissions with their ID alone. Don't argue with the messenger.)

Once this process is complete, you and every member of your party that has been comped recieves a ticket that has a solid green back. DO NOT LOSE THAT TICKET! It is how you get your fastpasses, and how you obtain re-admission.

CM comp tickets have a special privilage -- you can enter BOTH parks on the same day, and go back and forth between them as long as you get your hand stamped. That being said, your comp ticket is good for that day ONLY, so make good use of it.

cryan71
05-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Its not that crowded.

DCAWhites
05-20-2004, 07:13 AM
Three day weekends tend to be a tad more busy than normal weekends. Not drastically, but you can expect to encounter a bit more congestion and wait times like 20 minutes higher than normal. Sunday is the worst of the 3 day weekends (sat-mon) though.

Towmod
05-20-2004, 07:38 AM
Ability to visit DL and DCA for the price of one ticket. However, you cannot visit both parks on the same day.

Says who? Disney? They don't care if you go to both parks on the same day. In fact it works out great, spend most of the day in Disneyland and then spend 2 or 3 hours in DCA.

Darkbeer
05-20-2004, 08:23 AM
Says who? Disney? They don't care if you go to both parks on the same day. In fact it works out great, spend most of the day in Disneyland and then spend 2 or 3 hours in DCA.
Single Day admission tickets are limited to only one park, you cannot parkhop.

The usual SoCal special tickets also had the same rule, you basically got 2 single day admissions, one to Disneyland, and another for DCA.

Multi-day ParkHoppers and AP holders can park hop.

Towmod
05-20-2004, 08:46 AM
The usual SoCal special tickets also had the same rule, you basically got 2 single day admissions, one to Disneyland, and another for DCA.

Wrong. I was just there in January and purchased the SoCal twofur.... the only warning they give you is when you enter DCA (our second park) they make you understand that you cannot come back another day. Other then that there are no restrictions.

Also there are no restrictions returning to the first park entered also during that same day.

Darkbeer
05-20-2004, 08:59 AM
Wrong. I was just there in January and purchased the SoCal twofur.... the only warning they give you is when you enter DCA (our second park) they make you understand that you cannot come back another day. Other then that there are no restrictions.

Also there are no restrictions returning to the first park entered also during that same day.
Noticed I said basically, if you want to use both "days" at the same time, Disney unofficially allowed this, but the way the ticket was designed was one day at Disneyland, and then a second (different) day at DCA (usually within 30 days of the first visit). If you wanted to visit both parks on the same day, you used up the ticket in just one day, and could not use it on a second (different) day.

Cloud Buster
05-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Says who? Disney?

Yes, I believe they do.