PDA

View Full Version : When Does DLR Go Into Full Holiday Mode?

Pages : [1] 2

awinner
10-29-2001, 12:50 PM
I was at the park yesterday and saw a guy on a cherry picker putting the balls on the Christmas Tree...my question is, when are all the decorations up in the park? Also, do they have any hannukah decorations or at least a menorah up in the park?

Lani
10-29-2001, 12:53 PM
All the radio commercials say November 4.

Dlandmom
10-29-2001, 12:54 PM
It seems as if the answer you seek is becoming earlier and earlier! I'd estimate that if the cherry picker is already out, everything will be up within the week or so. Anyone else care to comment?

Honestly, I don't know the answer to your second question, and personally I haven't seen any in years past.

Oops...just had to edit this...looks like Lani replied right before I did, and her date is within the one week that I had estimated!

EandCDad
10-29-2001, 12:55 PM
Based on Disney.com, the Holiday Magic Fireworks, Minnie Christmas Party, Small World Holiday and the decorations will be up on 11/2 (we will be there that day and will confirm). Usually Santa and the Christmas Parade don't arrive till after Thanksgiving (this is based on previous years).

Ralph Wiggum
10-29-2001, 01:00 PM
My family went sat night to see the normal Believe fireworks because next week they are starting the holiday version. I never got to see the Patriotic ending either :(. Maybe they will still have it for the holidays(yeah right!)

zapppop
10-29-2001, 10:49 PM
Sorry you missed the patriotic finale Ralph. Maybe they'll bring it back in February.

All rehabs and Christmas decorations and shows are supposed to be completed, up and running Friday, November 2nd.

Anyone know the status of CircleVision ? Did it go back into limbo again ?

Morrigoon
10-29-2001, 11:10 PM
When did they stop the patriotic finale? That was WONDERFUL, very moving.

(Something about everyone on main street singing along to patriotic favorites...)

tabacco
10-29-2001, 11:23 PM
I think it was when they started the Holiday version, most likely :)

Morrigoon
10-29-2001, 11:46 PM
Holiday version started already? Coooool.

Maleficent0
10-30-2001, 06:20 AM
YEA! YEA!

My daughter has just turned 3, and this year will be the year where she finally "get's it." :P I can't wait!

YEA! YEA!

Guess we'll be there on Friday!

zapppop
10-30-2001, 06:27 AM
Saturday was the last day for the patriotic finale

JeffG
10-30-2001, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by zapppop
All rehabs and Christmas decorations and shows are supposed to be completed, up and running Friday, November 2nd.

The one major exception to that is the Christmas Fantasy Parade, which does not start performances until Thanksgiving.

If you include DCA in the mix, Luminaria doesn't officially start until November 9th, although I don't know if there will be soft openings earlier.

-Jeff

awinner
10-30-2001, 11:25 AM
i have been told that there is one official soft opening on nov. 6th

zapppop
10-30-2001, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by JeffG

The one major exception to that is the Christmas Fantasy Parade, which does not start performances until Thanksgiving.

If you include DCA in the mix, Luminaria doesn't officially start until November 9th, although I don't know if there will be soft openings earlier.

-Jeff

DCA doesnt count :p

zapppop
10-30-2001, 03:15 PM
One note about Luminaria:

There seems to be only about a 15 -20 min. gap between Luminaria and Believe, so if you see one, you may miss seeing the other.

Niwel
10-31-2001, 10:09 PM
First off...
I wish they had a menorah somewhere in the park...even if it was just in a window display on Main Street. Chanukah is a very minor holiday in Judaism and is by no means in the same league as Christmas...it would just be nice to have one somewhere.

Second....
has anyone heard anything about the plot of Minnie's Christmas party. I remember Mickey's Nutcracker a few years back (and loved it). Is this going to be like that or some kind of cheapo, slapped-together thing?

Nigel2
10-31-2001, 10:55 PM
That menorah issue burns me too (ick a near pun) but I think the pirates stole one and its in the treasue hold.:D

zapppop
11-01-2001, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Niwel

I wish they had a menorah somewhere in the park...even if it was just in a window display on Main Street. Chanukah is a very minor holiday in Judaism and is by no means in the same league as Christmas...it would just be nice to have one somewhere.

Walt Disney wasn't Jewish and you claim it's a minor holiday so I wouldn't count on it.

Niwel
11-01-2001, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
That menorah issue burns me too (ick a near pun) but I think the pirates stole one and its in the treasue hold.:D

I knew thats where I saw one:)
They have sold Chanukah Mickey and Pooh the last few years along with candy, dreidels and snowglobes.
P.S. Disney wasn't Jewish ... but Eisner is.

EandCDad
11-03-2001, 07:24 AM
Holiday Items up yesterday (11/2)

Its a small world holiday
Blieve in Holiday Magic firworks
Christmas decorations everywhere
Christmas food
Minnies Christmas Party stageshow
Christmas Music on Main Street
Christmas Tree on Main Street
Nightmare before Christmas Haunted Mansion

Things not up (yet)
Christmas Fantasy Parade (usually the day after Thanksgiving)
Santa (Ditto)
We did not see the cookie decorating, although we did specifically look in the firehouse on Main Street. They definately did not have it in Toon Town yet.

FEJ
11-03-2001, 10:03 AM
I don't know about the menorah..but I believe that the lights in the Hub in front of the castle are blue and white, when they get them up. It is kind of a subliminal gesture.

Napsto
11-03-2001, 10:23 AM
was it snowing at dland yesterday?

FEJ
11-03-2001, 10:45 AM
Yes..and lots of it.. They mneed to tighten up the timing of Holiday "Believe".. but its neato

Maleficent0
11-03-2001, 05:24 PM
Went on Friday evening, and most of the decorations are up, as well as most of the poinsetta plantings around the park. The castle wasn't yet decorated. :( Tree is up and looks beautiful as always!

California adventure had some decorations. Some star in lights over the Hollywood sign. They have the garland with the christmas tree bulbs like Disneyland but they're *all* gold. They looked good, but it just added to that "sanitized" feeling I always get when I'm over at DCA.

Another note, the sound system was completely out 5 minutes into the Electrical Parade. The floats still had the music, but the main song wasn't being played at all. The parade *really* needs that music to keep the energy level up, and there were a bunch of guests that looked confused.

Morrigoon
11-03-2001, 05:53 PM

Thank heavens for small favors.

(That parade is SO old, and the music repeats a MINIMUM of 6 times before it ends)

One more time!....

"There's a special magic at Christmas time each year....."