PDA

View Full Version : Millionaire Hot-Seat Question

MonorailMan
10-29-2001, 06:27 AM
Is there an age minimum to be in the hot seat? I want to know because I'm a huge Milionaire fan, And that would be the highlight of my day in DCA.

Ghoulish Delight
10-29-2001, 07:55 AM
Not at all. The first person I ever saw get into the hot seat was a 10 year old kid. If you can answer 'em, they'll let you up.

Alex S.
10-29-2001, 08:17 AM
They let kids play, but if your parent isn't present, you will have to give their contact information when you sign the disclosure and release forms after the game (I don't know the exact procedure, though). If they are present, they will have to go back with you and sign some forms.

I don't know if they do anything different with an unaccompanied minor; there might be some risk issues in allowing a Cast Member to take such a minor backstage and being alone with them in a locked room.

Nigel2
10-29-2001, 09:56 PM
Its not a locked room btw, but I am 99% sure that to sit in the ring of fire you have to be at least 16 years old.

Alex S.
10-29-2001, 11:27 PM
Well, it was a locked room when I was in it. My CM had to use a key and it looked like a hotel-type doorknob; the kind that is always locked unless the key is present.

It is possible that it didn't lock after us, but it was certainly locked before us. (Of course, it is possible that is not always the case.)

tabacco
10-29-2001, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Its not a locked room btw, but I am 99% sure that to sit in the ring of fire you have to be at least 16 years old.

I don't think so... when I was there they just picked people totally at random.

Uncle Dick
03-03-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by tabacco

I don't think so... when I was there they just picked people totally at random.
Yep. If kids 9 and under get picked, they are allowed to bring up a parent to "help" them with the game. Seems fair enough to me.

pixiepal
03-03-2002, 01:26 PM
I thought anyone could sit in the stage seats...and aren't they just the first 10 or so people in line?

Uncle Dick
03-03-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by pixiepal
I thought anyone could sit in the stage seats...and aren't they just the first 10 or so people in line?
I believe they split the ring of fire up 50/50 between standby and FastPass line. The first few people in the standby line get ring of fire tickets while the folks in FastPass have to answer trivia questions to get em. At least that was the case the few times I got in the ring o' fire.

Oh, and my above post should be a reply to the original post in this thread, not tabacco. (That's what happens when you post at 1 am.)

Nigel2
03-04-2002, 09:03 PM
It all depends on who is there, sometimes for SB its all timing while other times its trivia. Sometimes a bithday sticker will help and once I heard them ask for a penny from a specific year (which nobody had). But most of the time its questions from the disney trivia game they ask.:)

mikala
03-06-2002, 11:42 PM
Hi,

Where is the Millionare located in DCA? I will be there in 7 days, hooray.

Mikala

Uncle Dick
03-06-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by mikala
Hi,

Where is the Millionare located in DCA? I will be there in 7 days, hooray.

Mikala
It's in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot just left of the hub(cap). You can check out the official Disneyland web site (http://www.disneyland.com/) for the exact location.

Also be sure to check out this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2832) for some helpful hints on getting into the hot seat. Good luck! :)

Nigel2
03-07-2002, 12:00 AM
Don't worry it isn't tucked away in some obsure location, its between Super Star Limo and Mupet Vision.