PDA

View Full Version : Quickest way to favourite land

Rae
05-17-2004, 03:53 PM
I am planning my first trip to DL and want to fit in as much as possible....

Can anyone tell me the quickest way to get to each land when the park opens..

Does anybody know where I can find a list of each land and what is in it, eg rides, food etc.

HBTiggerFan
05-17-2004, 03:57 PM
Disneyland.com has park maps (I think) that can be printed out.

Each land is accessable from the Hub (which is at the end of Main St.)

You can only reach Critter Country from New Orleans Square.

If you are in Tomorrowland and don't want to cross Main St. you can reach Fantasyland and via Fantasyland and Big Thunder trail you can reach Frontierland which leads you to Adventureland or New Orleans Square.

Everything except Critter Country can be reached from anywhere else in the park.

Rae
05-17-2004, 04:07 PM
What about the train or monorail, anybody with info on this??

CarlieB
05-17-2004, 04:15 PM
I'm pretty sure Disneyland.com (http://www.disneyland.com) has information about the train stations and monorail too.

Another good resource (particularly for those new to DL) is the Birnbaum's Guide to Disneyland & DCA. It's available at Amazon.com (that's where I ordered mine from), and isn't too expensive:)

tod
05-17-2004, 04:19 PM
The shortest way from land to land is, as a rule, through the center of the Park. Sometimes an alternate route will be faster because it will be less crowded, but this is best saved for people who know their way around already. Newbies may not fare as well.

May I suggest that you focus less on doing as much as possible and more on choosing those things that you think you will like and enjoying them fully. Unless you have several days to spend at Disneyland, you will have to make some choices and omit some attractions.

Read up and make the choices ahead of time. Plot your choices on a map, and plan your route after that.

--t

Ghoulish Delight
05-17-2004, 04:26 PM
The train an monorail are not particularly efficient forms of transportation. It's almost always faster to just walk. The exception is the monorail. If you're in Tomorrowland and want to get to the far end of DTD, or to the Disneyland Hotel, the monorail is worth it.

Ride the train and monorail for the experience or to take a rest. Don't use them expecting to get anywhere quickly.

biolabetty
05-17-2004, 06:34 PM
I've taken the train from the main street station to avoid the parade crowds on main street at times. You can either get off near new orleans square, fantasyland, or tomorrowland.